First Coach fired this season?

ET80

It's certain that one of the 32 Head Coaches won't have a job by the start of the playoffs.

Who's the first to get the axe... and when?

My homer/hot take will be Bill O'Brien after an 0-7 start (which is actually a reasonable record prediction, given the Texans first seven games) but we all know William O'Brien III won't fire YOLO BoB... So, YOLO BoB won't be let go.

Outside of that, I'm putting Matt Patricia on notice. He's potentially looking at an 0-6 start, and he's already on shaky ground.

Your thoughts?

• Like 1

If the Falcons are 1-3 or worse after 4, Quinn is probably gone. If they go say, 4-4 through the first half and sputter to 7-9, he's gone. 

If they go 3-5 but somehow finish 9-7 and make the playoffs, he might get a second chance, but the slow starts are really starting to irk Arthur Blank.

21 minutes ago, HolmesPriest said:

I know 😜

The Clapper actually called a really good game his first game back as OC.

I think Patricia is on the shortest leash, so I'll go with him. That said, I think Gase is easily the worst head coach in the NFL, so it should be him, but the Jets are too patient.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Johnny Nix said:

Adam Gase is my pick. Never understood the hiring to begin with. Gase is not a good coach. 

Gase was my next choice - I get the feeling that Darnold lagging behind pretty much anyone not named Josh Rosen is a huge tick against him.

Gase was supposed to be a QB whisperer... that whispering never panned out for his QBs.

I think Gase is the right choice.  Douglas was hired after him, but I believe he got a 6 yr contract.  Douglas is not married to Gase at all.

In Detroit, GM and HC would both be removed at end of season.  Quinn won t get a chance to name a second HC.  Patricia will get a long leash through the season.  Feel the same way about Atlanta.  

Adam Gase got the dreaded "vote of confidence" after Week 1 and is an "offensive genius". Usually a vote of confidence in the offseason is a great sign, but after Week 1/in season, that spells an "at the bye week" firing.

Sincerely,

A Browns fan who has been down this road more than just a few times

37 minutes ago, ravishingone said:

I think Gase is the right choice.  Douglas was hired after him, but I believe he got a 6 yr contract.  Douglas is not married to Gase at all.

In Detroit, GM and HC would both be removed at end of season.  Quinn won t get a chance to name a second HC.  Patricia will get a long leash through the season.  Feel the same way about Atlanta.  

In Atlanta, GM and HC would be removed if they miss the playoffs. No doubt about it.

19 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

Adam Gase got the dreaded "vote of confidence" after Week 1 and is an "offensive genius". Usually a vote of confidence in the offseason is a great sign, but after Week 1/in season, that spells an "at the bye week" firing.

Sincerely,

A Browns fan who has been down this road more than just a few times

We can only hope so

Its one of Patricia/Quinn/Gase