Notable Stats and Observations

Hunter2_1

10 hours ago, Matts4313 said:

Then realize that no RB is good enough to make a bad QB look good. Never in the history of the NFL

I agree with the rest of your post, but I have to say that Sweetness did a pretty good job making McMahon look reasonable.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, mse326 said:

I agree with the rest of your post, but I have to say that Sweetness did a pretty good job making McMahon look reasonable.

Matt Cassell had his only pro-bowl season off the backs of Jamaal Charles/Thomas Jones...

Not that I disagree with the point. Bad QBs won’t turn good from a good running game. But it certainly helps.

2 hours ago, mse326 said:

I'd argue that Barry Sanders and Ricky Williams took turns dragging around the corpse of Rodney Peete like Weekend at Bernies in Detroit and Philly for a while. Emmitt even did it once in Dallas.

76 TDs 92 picks and 71 fumbles with a career winning record at 45-42.

37 minutes ago, SkippyX said:

Football Outsiders O-line rankings:

https://www.footballoutsiders.com/stats/ol/2019

Dallas is #2 run blocking and #1 pass blocking.

Philly is 15th and 18th.

It’s astounding to me that someone could ascend to the rank of a GM without understanding the importance of OL. So clearly a direct correlation with team success.

Nice list, thanks for sharing 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, NJC33 said:

It’s astounding to me that someone could ascend to the rank of a GM without understanding the importance of OL. So clearly a direct correlation with team success.

Nice list, thanks for sharing 

Truer words could never be spoken.

54 minutes ago, SkippyX said:

Football Outsiders O-line rankings:

https://www.footballoutsiders.com/stats/ol/2019

Dallas is #2 run blocking and #1 pass blocking.

Philly is 15th and 18th.

Curious as to PFFs? Do you have access? I like to use both. FO is numbers driven. So all that says is Dak is better than Wentz in the pocket. And our RBs are better than yours.

PFFs is scout driven.

Truth is always somewhere in-between.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

Curious as to PFFs? Do you have access? I like to use both. FO is numbers driven. So all that says is Dak is better than Wentz in the pocket. And our RBs are better than yours.

PFFs is scout driven.

Truth is always somewhere in-between.

An article from week 8 had Philly 2nd and Dallas 4th. Not sure of the up to date rankings. 

Although I have to give PFF some serious side eye (more than usual) because they had NE’s line at 9th. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, mse326 said:
16 hours ago, Matts4313 said:

Then realize that no RB is good enough to make a bad QB look good. Never in the history of the NFL

There's so many examples I'm questioning his version of history?

Larry Johnson - Damon Huard

Barry Sander - Rodney Peete

Emmitt Smith - Quincy Carter

Frank Gore - Shaun Hill

Curtis Martin - Ray Lucas

Corey Dillon - Jeff Blake

Jamal Lewis - Banks, Boller, Grbac

Tired of looking.....

Blitzing is more popular.

The Ravens are blitzing on 51% of opponent dropbacks. Second on the list is TB with 44%. Last season the Ravens blitzed the most often as well, on 40% of dropbacks.

Overall, teams are blitzing more. Last season 8 teams blitzed more than 30% of dropbacks; this season it's 14 teams. The median this year is about 27% compared to 24% in 2018.

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/years/2019/opp.htm#all_advanced_defense

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/years/2018/opp.htm#all_advanced_defense

Edited by childofpudding
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Nabbs4u said:

There's so many examples I'm questioning his version of history?

Lets go ahead an disprove you once again.

Larry Johnson - Damon Huard

Huard literally played 8 games in his career before KC. So you have no before/after comp. INC attempt

Barry Sander - Rodney Peete

Peete:

5 years in DET => 73 Rating, 4.8 ANY/A, 57% comp

14 year carrer => 73.3 Rating, 4.8 ANY/A, 57.3% comp

Technically, he was at his worst while at DET w/Barry.  F Grade. You straight failed. 

Emmitt Smith - Quincy Carter

Carter played 2 years with Emmitt and 1 year with out. All of his stats improved aside from INT %. F- YOU FAILED AGAIN.

Frank Gore - Shaun Hill

Shaun Hills 3 seasons with Gore are worse than his career in comp %, ANY/A (slightly), but is better in rating (slightly). If your goal is to prove Gore made Hill, this is F- as well. 

Curtis Martin - Ray Lucas

Lucas started 15 games in his career. GTFOH with this trash example. 

Corey Dillon - Jeff Blake

You are really starting to reach here. Blake played 25 games with Dillon in a 13 year career.

25 games - mid 50's comp %, 78ish Rating, 5.4ish ANY/A

13 year career - 56.4 comp %, 78 rating, 5.4ish ANY/A

WOW You really showed me how much the QB was affected by the RB.

Jamal Lewis - Banks, Boller, Grbac

Pick a QB and a RB.

Tired of looking.....

SOMEBODY QUOTE AND TAG THIS JOKER. HE HAS ME ON BLOCK BECAUSE I KEEP PROVING HIM WRONG.

Edited by Matts4313

17 hours ago, Matts4313 said:

Then realize that no RB is good enough to make a bad QB look good. Never in the history of the NFL.

There is no single position in the NFL that can make a bad QB look good.  Not sure how this is a negative against RBs

Just now, iknowcool said:

There is no single position in the NFL that can make a bad QB look good.  Not sure how this is a negative against RBs

Because the Eagles fans have, for 4 year, maintained that Dak is a terrible QB and Zeke is the only reason he looks good.