Notable Stats and Observations

Hunter2_1

3 minutes ago, Nabbs4u said:

There is a thread in the Dallas forum where this stat apparently means nothing when it comes to winning and losing. 🍺

I think passing is more important than running but if you can't run you are still in trouble. Balanced is the key.

28 minutes ago, RaidersAreOne said:

What if I told you that there were 6 teams to kneel the ball in the 4th quarter. Those teams went 6-0.

No, not an apples to apples comparison, but the point is that teams are more likely to run the ball when they are winning. Don't get me wrong, I do I think the analytics crowd have gone way too far and lost sight of the game a bit with their devaluation of the run game, but they are a needed counter to balance out the equally wrong crowd of "just run the damn ball and everything will fall into place!"

• Like 1

1 hour ago, KhanYouDigIt said:

What if I told you this should have been Gardner Minshew?

his only INT was fournette’s fault. Westbrook dropped a TD against the Titans. Chark has a TD called back against the Broncos due to Cam Robinson hands to the face. Chark should have had a third TD against the Panthers but they said he was out at the one.

that would be 12 TD’s and 0 INT’s for the 6th round rookie.

If we’re looking at all the “could have beens” I bet there are a lot of players who got close or “should have” had it.

Like mentioned above Brees went 11-0 over the first 5 in 2018 and Alex Smith went 11-0 over the first 5 in 2017

I’d bet they both had at least one play that should’ve been an additional score but a receiver messed up. That’s just the game.

still very impressive for him though.

Edited by Dome

Observation: What the Saints are doing is so damn impressive, and they should do everything possible to keep Brees on ice until like late November or December so he'll be healthy, fresh, and firing on all cylinders for the playoffs. I'm not kidding.

Last night: Over 83% of San Francisco’s plays had some type of motion. That’s the highest rate of motion we have seen in any regular-season game since the ‘Niners eclipsed an 85% motion rate in 2017 Week 2 (under Shanahan, of course)

Further, Shanahan went against the established order once again by using the league’s most popular personnel package, 11 personnel (1 RB 1 TE 3 WR) just 25% of the time (league average in Week 5 was just over 57%). Instead, Shanahan used a mix of packages that went with a tighter formation (12, 21 and 22 personnel), whether it be a run or a pass

Taking out plays that negated by penalty, Mayfield dropped back to pass 26 times, and 14 of those he was facing some type of pressure. When under duress, Mayfield put up a 0.0 passer rating and completed 1-of-10 passes.

Nearly 50% of Mayfield’s pressured dropbacks in 2019 have ended with him outside of the pocket (highest in NFL) and he is averaging just 1.2 yards per attempt. Last night, Mayfield had six dropbacks under pressure and outside the pocket, with one leading to a sack and the other five leading to incomplete passes. In other words, his offensive line is giving up a good amount of pressure and Baker is trying to overcompensate for it.

Edited by Hunter2_1

29 minutes ago, Hunter2_1 said:

Taking out plays that negated by penalty, Mayfield dropped back to pass 26 times, and 14 of those he was facing some type of pressure. When under duress, Mayfield put up a 0.0 passer rating and completed 1-of-10 passes.

Nearly 50% of Mayfield’s pressured dropbacks in 2019 have ended with him outside of the pocket (highest in NFL) and he is averaging just 1.2 yards per attempt. Last night, Mayfield had six dropbacks under pressure and outside the pocket, with one leading to a sack and the other five leading to incomplete passes. In other words, his offensive line is giving up a good amount of pressure and Baker is trying to overcompensate for it.

So a young QB can’t handle the pressure. Hmm. Seems out of the ordinary. 

Anyone have PFFs coverage stats?

Based on what I’ve gathered from twitter, Eli Apple only allowed 10 catches this season. Can someone confirm?

I know he hasn’t given up anything big since week 1, and he’s had 2 picks called back due to other players penalties

he’s playing well across from lattimore 

Edited by Dome