Notable Stats and Observations

Hunter2_1

4 hours ago, RaidersAreOne said:

Interesting. Honestly a good sign IMO... Bills have no deep threats + deep ball is highly variable year to year. Tells me he's been very consistent and accurate in the short game, which I'm pretty sure he wasn't last year and definitely wasn't at Wyoming, so progress is being made.

Ok, maybe not a good sign, you don't want to be dead last in anything, but let's just say I would much rather be #1 in short passing and last in deep than vice versa.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, RandyMossIsBoss said:

I think the Pats numbers being THAT much better though kind of evens out the weaker schedule... but yeah, Pats have a good stretch coming up in a month that will test their defense. Cowboys, Texans, Chiefs w/ Mahomes.

They're definitely on a historic pace, no matter who they've played. Just figured context was important.

25 minutes ago, bucsfan333 said:

Not sure about Bucs and Ravens, but 21 of those points "allowed" for the 2019 Patriots were a pick 6 by Stidham, a strip sack of Brady returned for a TD, and a muffed punt by Patriots punt returner that was returned for a TD. I am not entirely sure, but I think the Patriots D has scored more or almost as many points as it has allowed. 

26 minutes ago, childofpudding said:

Not sure about Bucs and Ravens, but 21 of those points "allowed" for the 2019 Patriots were a pick 6 by Stidham, a strip sack of Brady returned for a TD, and a muffed punt by Patriots punt returner that was returned for a TD. I am not entirely sure, but I think the Patriots D has scored more or almost as many points as it has allowed. 

The Bucs lost in OT against the Saints week one on a pick six. Typical.

The Bucs gave up a pick six week four against the Bengals in a 35-7 win.

So only 13 points the defense didn't give up through seven weeks.

Baltimore gave up a pick six in a week eight 14-6 loss against the Titans.

The Titans scored another pick six against the Ravens week 11.

So that's 14 points the defense didn't give up.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, RandyMossIsBoss said:

Interesting. Honestly a good sign IMO... Bills have no deep threats + deep ball is highly variable year to year. Tells me he's been very consistent and accurate in the short game, which I'm pretty sure he wasn't last year and definitely wasn't at Wyoming, so progress is being made.

Ok, maybe not a good sign, you don't want to be dead last in anything, but let's just say I would much rather be #1 in short passing and last in deep than vice versa.

I agree. Last season he was hitting Robert Foster in deep balls pretty regularly. If he can start hitting one deep ball a game the offense is going to explode 

1 hour ago, evilflamingo said:

Just saw this stat, which is kind of interesting with regards to the MVP discussions floating around. When attempting 36+ passes (i.e. above the league average), Russell Wilson hasn't won a game since October 2017, going 0-6 in such games. 

I think that's one of those metrics that's hard to be positive in. Not seen the 36+ one, but the 50+ attempts stat - it's VERY hard to win. 

edit; found it;

Patriots’ record when Brady throws 50 or more passes is 19-9.

Drew Brees is second in NFL history, throwing 50 or more passes in 19 games. His teams’ record in those games is 4-15.

Peyton Manning is third in NFL history, with 50 or more passes in 17 games. His teams’ record in those games is 4-13.

Dan Marino is fourth in NFL history with 16 games of 50 passes or more. His teams’ record in those games was 5-11.

So, guess it's similar even with a lower bracket

• Like 1

13 hours ago, childofpudding said:

2000 Ravens were playing with Trent Dilfer at QB so I would imagine there'd be some context there as well.