Notable Stats and Observations

Hunter2_1

4 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

Whoops, I thought he posted the other tweet that came out at the same time. Dak is the 4th person to start off a career with 4 straight 3k/20TD seasons. Ill see if I can find the tweet. 

http://pfref.com/tiny/cgXT6

Not the tweet, but the stat.

Fun fact, Blake Bortles was very close. Andy Dalton was a TD away. Luck would certainly have made it if not for injury.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

I mean yeah, but he only threw for 140 yards with a terrible YPA. I don't know it was a weird game but the 2 TDs 0 INTs gets him over the 100 QB rating mark. 

Really? Lol

*actually 150

But he also had that 50ish yard gain not count for him because Sherman decided to commit a violation so egregious that they actually overturned a PI call instead of giving up the catch and probable TD. 

And Kirk dropped another wide open at least 15 yard catch.

And he ran for 70 and a TD. 

And the Cardinals have scored the 1st & 2nd most points against the 49ers in regulation and doubled up the scoring average of all the other teams. 

Also, you have a good team so can you let me praise the one part of my team that I like?

1 minute ago, 11sanchez11 said:

Really? Lol

*actually 150

But he also had that 50ish yard gain not count for him because Sherman decided to commit a violation so egregious that they actually overturned a PI call instead of giving up the catch and probable TD. 

And Kirk dropped another wide open at least 15 yard catch.

And he ran for 70 and a TD. 

And the Cardinals have scored the 1st & 2nd most points against the 49ers in regulation and doubled up the scoring average of all the other teams. 

Also, you have a good team so can you let me praise the one part of my team that I like?

Lol, trust me I'm a Murray guy and think the Cardinals are going to be a problem for years to come. Wasn't trying to put him down or anything, but the 100 QB rating is kind of meh when he had 150 yards on 4.5 YPA. 

Fair point on the PI on Sherman and drop by Kirk. 

Oh he definitely killed us with legs. Never said he didn't have a good/solid game. For some reason our defense can't stop you guys at all in RZ even though we rank top 5 in the league otherwise in RZ defense. 

2 hours ago, Jakuvious said:

It's one of those fancy convenient cut off kind of things. Mahomes has 2 games >385 yards and >2 TDs since week 14 of last year, and Prescott does have 6. But that's a weird cut off, and kind of an arbitrary time stamp. If you stretch it to include Prescott's entire career, he still has 6. If you drop it to 375 yards, and include Prescott's entire career, it's still 6. If you drop it to 350 yards, and include Prescott's entire career, it's still 6. So it's just kind of this one small timeframe and one point of stat accumulation where it seems really eyepopping. Dak's a guy with 9 career 300 yard games, it just happens that 6 of them topped 385.

For Mahomes though, if you stretch it to his career, you add another game to make it 3. If you pull back to 375 yards, Mahomes has 6. If you pull it back to an even rounder 350, Mahomes has 9. And I'm sure the leaguewide numbers escalate similarly.

It's one of those stats that is very carefully crafted to try to advocate a narrative as much as possible. If the timeframe and/or cut offs seem weirdly specific, there's always a reason for it.

TLDR... Dak is a god???

5 minutes ago, wackywabbit said:

Josh Allen has more rushing tds than Lamar Jackson. Did last year too.

Thats crazy that a DE has more rushing TDs than a RB. 

It reminds me of that fluke year where Greg Ellis (DE) had more TDs than Randy Moss like 1/2 through the season. 

53 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

I just read on reddit that if Dak can throw for over 140 yards against the Bears, he becomes the #1 QB in NFL history in terms of yards against the NFC N in 1 season.

Obviously for non NFCN players, right? He wouldn't be doing better in 4 games versus divisional guys in 6. 

4 minutes ago, LeotheLion said:
59 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

I just read on reddit that if Dak can throw for over 140 yards against the Bears, he becomes the #1 QB in NFL history in terms of yards against the NFC N in 1 season.

Obviously for non NFCN players, right? He wouldn't be doing better in 4 games versus divisional guys in 6. 

Correct, it would be for a non-divisional player.