SNF: Pats@Seahwaks

NFL_Advisor

3 hours ago, ChazStandard said:

Edelman’s hands have been inconsistent for a few years now. I know he lead the league in drops recently, and dropped a simple catch to lose the game in the WC last year. It’s sad because he used to be so clutch.

As for the play, I do t like the call exactly BECAUSE they did it twice and it worked, it was too obvious what was coming, and all it took was one missed block to screw it up. A spread formation run/pass option would have been the better choice. 

Yeah he led the league on drops last year. He had a monster game last night, though, so no real complaints. It was a hard throw and he barely got his hands up in time. Good game against a team that looks like it will be a serious NFC contender. Onto the next.

7 hours ago, showtime said:

What about that pass that went through Edelman's hands on the final drive of the game.  It looked high, but it looked like it went though Edelman's hands.  I've never seen it anywhere other than the live game.  Should Edelman have caught that pass?

EDIT:  I found it

t9OVd3A.jpg

^ That is with 9 seconds left.  Would have been a tough catch, but he needs to come down with that.  Went right through his hands.  He catches that, they win the game.

I think it was very catchable.

25 minutes ago, SBLIII said:

I think they would have last year if they had this type of Cam Newton.

Right now it's just a lack of talent in a lot of different areas.

You're forgetting the biggest problem from last year - the OL. Right now they have a fully fit line. Last year they lost their C, RT and LT, they had to move a guard to center to cover the loss, so they had essentially four back-ups playing on the line. Nobody was going anywhere with that OL. That Brady escaped alive was a minor miracle.

11 hours ago, showtime said:

Didn't know that James White and Russell Wilson were teammates in college.

After a game where he throws for 5 TDs, the first two things Russell Wilson says is.... Blessings to James White and his family.  Then, he gives Cam Newton props.  What a guy.

He really is. Great person. 

Great player too. Congrats to SEA, amazing team. All the best.

Fellow Paties, we are in good hands :)

Edited by Hunter2_1
  • Like 1

48 minutes ago, Breesus mode said:

I am eternally grateful the Panthers decided to be idiots and let Cam go. Hopefully I never have to deal with healthy Cam Newton ever again.

I don't think the Panthers were idiots, seems like that relationship was torched with Cam and the organization (or maybe I've read everything wrong). The real idiots were other GM's who decided to stick with guys like Trubiski or Fitzpatrick or Mayfield when Cam was healthy and available.

3 minutes ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

I don't think the Panthers were idiots, seems like that relationship was torched with Cam and the organization (or maybe I've read everything wrong). The real idiots were other GM's who decided to stick with guys like Trubiski or Fitzpatrick or Mayfield when Cam was healthy and available.

MY idiots comment wasn't just in the context of releasing Cam. Aside from 2015, the Panthers spent the decade crapping all over their first franchise QB.

Edited by Breesus mode
  • Like 2

7 minutes ago, Breesus mode said:

MY idiots comment wasn't just in the context of releasing Cam. Aside from 2015, the Panthers spent the decade crapping all over their first franchise QB.

At least Cam already knew the feeling of having crappy receivers to throw to.

59 minutes ago, DontTazeMeBro said:

Panthers weren’t wrong until Cam doesn’t get injured. I don’t see how you keep paying a guy the money he was making to be awesome for about a month a year.

Panthers, aside from one season, also never gave Cam an offensive line good enough to keep him healthy.