GDT: Titans (2-0) at Vikings (0-2)

Titans fan 617

Just now, twotonebluenation said:

Better RB, wide receivers just as good if not better. Did you see Jefferson and Thielan today, definitely better than Steelers we corps. Juju is good, but has not been the same since AB left.  Ben is in his 4th game back after sitting a year. Roethlisberger  also has the comfort of knowing he has basically the best D in the league. Cousins can’t carry a team. Cousins was in the divisional round last year. He isn’t the best QB in the world but he can definitely put up numbers. The Vikings d is trash. That is what is killing that team. 

Jefferson had more receptions today than he has had targets in the NFL prior today. Our defense is just that bad and made him look like a superstar.

The Steelers are absolutely a better offense.

3 minutes ago, twotonebluenation said:

The Steelers literally have not played a team with a win yet.

So nothing their returning players have done in the past matters when counting how good their offensive players are, but a 4 hour old performance by a player who had 6 targets coming into today does?

I'm not saying their team is going to the AFC Championship or anything, but we've seen nothing from the Vikings to conclude that their offense is better than anything the Steelers has shown in recent seasons when Roethlisberger is starting.

The main concern for me is we have everything to be an elite run defense but yet we’re among the worst in the league. We all knew our pass defense would be shaky especially without Adore, but with our roster make up, I figured our run defense would be alright.

Still 3-0 is 3-0 and we haven’t played close to our best football imo.

16 minutes ago, TitanSS said:

So nothing their returning players have done in the past matters when counting how good their offensive players are, but a 4 hour old performance by a player who had 6 targets coming into today does?

I'm not saying their team is going to the AFC Championship or anything, but we've seen nothing from the Vikings to conclude that their offense is better than anything the Steelers has shown in recent seasons when Roethlisberger is starting.

I am just saying it isn’t an absolute forgone conclusion. You act like it is so crazy to think that the Vikings could have a better offense than the Steelers. It isn’t. Could the Steelers yes. But on paper it’s not exactly a guarantee. Do I think the Steelers are a better team, yes. Because of their D. This is my first season posting in here and is just funny to see people spazzing out about the team. Like one play means the season is over and our team is trash. Haha. I see a lot of positives in fact in where we are. And the problems are not problems that we can’t fix. Like I said there are a lot of new faces in new places on our team. Playing without certain players absolutely hurts. Chemistry doesn’t happen overnight. There has not been any preseason, Clowney came late, Vrabel is new to calling plays to this team, we have 2 new cornerbacks playing a lot of time out there, one being a rookie, one of huge leaders in Casey is gone, do I have to go on? Chemistry takes time. Have patience. I’ll take 3-0 while we work the kinks out every time. I truely believe the talent will shine through once health comes and the coaching staff figures it out. It is hard to win in this league.

Edited by twotonebluenation

I can’t wait for Adoree to be back our CB play has been shaky. Fulton needs more playing time. He can’t be worse the Butler or Joseph at this point. I feel like Butler has taken a step back but he could turn it around.

Also we need some more WR depth. #15  shouldn’t be getting playing time in clutch situations. 

Edited by 615finest

2 minutes ago, twotonebluenation said:

I am just saying it isn’t an absolute forgone conclusion. You act like it is so crazy to think that the Vikings could have a better offense than the Steelers. It isn’t. Could the Steelers yes. But on paper it’s not exactly a guarantee. Do I think the Steelers are a better team, yes. Because of their D. This is my first season posting in here and is just funny to see people spazzing out about the team. Like one play means the season is over and our team is trash. Haha. I see a lot of positives in fact in where we are. And the problems are not problems that we can’t fix. Like I said there are a lot of new faces in new places on our team. And playing without certain players absolutely hurts. Chemistry doesn’t happen overnight. There has not been any preseason Clowney came late, Vrabel is new to calling plays to this team, we have 2 new cornerbacks playing a lot of time out there, one being a rookie, one of huge leaders in Casey is gone, do I have to go on? Chemistry takes time. Have patience. I’ll take 3-0 while we work the kinks out every time. I truest believe the talent will shine through once health comes and the coaching staff figures it out. It is hard to win in this league.

I vibe with your point of view, but the post just screams that you've only been a Titans fan for a few years. Those of us that have been here for 10+ years secretly want to think like this, but it's too painful when we get let down again.😆 Pessimism is the best defense we have.

Far from pretty right now on D and I have no idea how it gets fixed 

Today was weird game and can’t believe we won

Lots of bad days from some uncharacteristic guys most notably Arthur Smith

Im not saying fire the guy or anything but today was just a bad day at the office IMO

His minor trick plays sucked and his personnel really was bad today 

No way 15 should of been on the field today, Batson was on the field a ton and wasn’t even targeted 

Henry continues to grind the guys a horse 

Titans are 3-0 at the end of the day 

It would be ideal to win 2 of 3 going into the bye

I hate the fact we won’t have Adoree or AJ Brown anytime soon it’s looking 

If the Titans drop the next 2 I hope they atleast beat Houston

Crazy ugly game today I hope things get fixed on D soon

9 minutes ago, twotonebluenation said:

I am just saying it isn’t an absolute forgone conclusion. You act like it is so crazy to think that the Vikings could have a better offense than the Steelers. It isn’t. Could the Steelers yes. But on paper it’s not exactly a guarantee. Do I think the Steelers are a better team, yes. Because of their D. This is my first season posting in here and is just funny to see people spazzing out about the team. Like one play means the season is over and our team is trash. Haha. I see a lot of positives in fact in where we are. And the problems are not problems that we can’t fix. Like I said there are a lot of new faces in new places on our team. Playing without certain players absolutely hurts. Chemistry doesn’t happen overnight. There has not been any preseason, Clowney came late, Vrabel is new to calling plays to this team, we have 2 new cornerbacks playing a lot of time out there, one being a rookie, one of huge leaders in Casey is gone, do I have to go on? Chemistry takes time. Have patience. I’ll take 3-0 while we work the kinks out every time. I truely believe the talent will shine through once health comes and the coaching staff figures it out. It is hard to win in this league.

I'm not saying it's a foregone conslusion we're going to lose to them. I'm not saying the Vikings don't have weapons on paper. I'm just saying the Vikings under Cousins have never been offensively better than the Steelers under Roethlisberger. In fact, the Vikings have been absolutely garbage offensively this season until playing our god awful defense.

Just now, Mesa_Titan said:

I vibe with your point of view, but the post just screams that you've only been a Titans fan for a few years. Those of us that have been here for 10+ years secretly want to think like this, but it's too painful when we get let down again.😆 Pessimism is the best defense we have.

Buddy, hate to break it to you, but I have been a Titans fan since day 1. Just cause I don’t post in hear doesn’t mean I haven’t been a fan. I remember back to the night when Samari Rolle ran back a td to end the Half against the redskins. And then got another int later in the game. I remember that defense we had! So it does hurt to see this defense. I remember of the pain of having the thought of having Billy Volek and Zach Mettenberger as the future. Trust I am a day one titans fan. I remember when Eddie set the season record for all purpose yards by running 180 yards in the snow against the browns as Jeff Fisher became the Titans all time winningest coach. I am just always positive about this team through even the bad times. I have so much love for this team because of all the early times when I was kid.

phew, watching the highlights....those passing calls coming out of the 2 minute warning right after henry had been getting going. why? we're lucky that didn't cost us the game, both by having to attempt a long field goal and leaving a lot of time for the vikings. art smith had a day to forget today (and somehow we still put up 31 lol)

3 minutes ago, -Hope- said:

phew, watching the highlights....those passing calls coming out of the 2 minute warning right after henry had been getting going. why? we're lucky that didn't cost us the game, both by having to attempt a long field goal and leaving a lot of time for the vikings. art smith had a day to forget today (and somehow we still put up 31 lol)

I would have ran the ball twice. This offense is special tho, I see why they trust Tannnehill tho.

12 minutes ago, -Hope- said:

Ya they definitely should of ran the first play out of the half way since the Vikings only had 1 timeout left