GDT: Titans (2-0) at Vikings (0-2)

Titans fan 617

Jeffery Simmons came into the year with a lot of hype and expectations. Through 3 games, he’s living up to it. He’s been monstrous.

Also can we please give less snaps to Landry and Clowney and up the snaps for Correa and Fulton. And while we are at it, can we watch the carries with Henry.

6 hours ago, KingTitan said:

Sidenote: ATL has to fire their head coach right? They just blew ANOTHER lead. 

I would imagine it's only a matter of time.  Do they have any potential head coaches in the staff?

3 hours ago, Titans_Matt said:

Our defense is awful. Missing Dean bad, clearly. If we keep playing like this on D we are gonna wind up 3-3 after playing the Steelers, Bills, and Texans in the coming weeks 

Missing Pees is big, but we're missing who should be our third pass rusher and our best corner, and sorting out rookies in both the DL and the DBs.  I think we'll get a little better closer to full strength, but someone needs to be the DC other than Vrabel.  This has failed so consistently, I don't know why someone didn't talk some sense into him over the offseason.

3 hours ago, -Hope- said:

priority number one has got to be fixing the run defense, i think. 

At this point, it's pretty clearly our biggest weakness.  Losing Casey is hurting a lot too.  Of course, the easiest fix is promoting someone to DC.

1 minute ago, Daniel said:

That said, I'm thrilled with our offense.  Evans is just now seeing the field, and we haven't even had our best receiver in the game yet.  I'm jittery thinking how potent our offense will be when we get Brown back and when Evans starts to really contribute.

All comes down to Tannehill. I’m buying into this being the real Ryan Tannehill. With a full arsenal of weapons, teams are eventually going to have to stop committing to the run and daring RT to beat them. Once that happens, this offense can be even more dangerous. 

It actually happened today a few plays. For one of the first times in Tannehill’s time here, there were first downs where the defense had two deep safeties and linebackers playing well off the line. RT checked to a run and Henry had a couple relatively easy 5-8 yard gains.

24 minutes ago, titans0021 said:

I find it strange that David Long is essentially never on the field. I know he’s kind of redundant with a healthy Jayon, but I thought he earned some sort of role with his play late last year.

particularly when will compton is getting snaps on defense, and as fun of a guy as he is, dude sucks lol. lots of strange personnel decisions across the board.

speaking of, who the hell was that #15 wide receiver? i've never seen or heard that name in my life and suddenly we're throwing the ball to him multiple times in a game? absolutely bizarre

Where was Firkser yesterday?

I went and double checked and I don’t see him listed as an inactive

I seen Pruitt a ton in yesterday’s game

Nothing against Pruitt but Firkser is a go to guy for Tannehill at times and we never seen him yesterday 

Adds to the crazy personnel decisions these coaches came up with yesterday 

50 minutes ago, Titans fan 617 said:

Where was Firkser yesterday?

I went and double checked and I don’t see him listed as an inactive

I seen Pruitt a ton in yesterday’s game

Nothing against Pruitt but Firkser is a go to guy for Tannehill at times and we never seen him yesterday 

Adds to the crazy personnel decisions these coaches came up with yesterday 

he was out there. i saw him multiple times. Tannehill just didnt throw to him

I wish all this talk about a new defensive coordinator would stop. We dont need a new DC. we need to tackle better. After watching film of all three games and big runs running backs have had against us, the results are not because of bad play calling. On all 3 long runs from each of the 3 teams, there were numerous guys around the ball in position to make the tackle, but either do to a bad angle taken, or a missed assignment, a big play was the result. A DC has no control over that. thats on the players. That coupled with the fact that we obvsiously are lacking in the CB department versus last year is the reason for the drop in play. Let these guys figure it out. When adoree gets back, we will be fine.

• Like 1