Week 3 GDT: Raiders (2-0) @ Patriots (1-1)

RaidersAreOne

White and Edelman are really the only two players that worry me any bit on their offense. Cam has looked good, but i feel we struggle with more precision/timing type QBs. QBs that get it out fast to guys like White and Edelman and we usually get killed with YAC

26-21 Patriots

Reason:

Patriots have a Top 2 Defense in the League and it's in New England. Top 3 Tough place to play and a East coast game. Yes I do realize no crowd, but will still be super tough. And not only do the Pats have a Top 2 Defense and the best CB in the game, but Cam Newton looks really good this year. I personally made a Top 10 MVP Candidate Thread in NFL Gen, and Cam is currently #10 for me. He even looks more accurate than ever before.

Gruden is going to have to be more creative than ever before. Bellichick is the master of taking players out of the game. He will probably render Waller and Jacobs obsolete, and also make sure Ruggs doesn't beat him over the top. Therefore, we really need to get Edwards and other WR's massively involved, and also get Foster/Witten involved. I'd play the short passing game with Edwards and Ruggs and convert most of the 1st downs with Foster/Witten. Also play the medium passing game with all of our WR's: Edwards, Ruggs, Nelson, Renfrow, and Zay Jones. This should be a very WR heavy game IMO. That's where we can beat Bellichick. I would like to have a lot of 4 WR sets.

Overall, I think the Pats D will be too much for us, especially being on the east coast. And to be honest, there's nothing wrong losing a close one here. If we get blown out, that's a different story.

I predicted us to lose last week and we won, hopefully the same thing happens this week.

2 hours ago, agarcia34 said:

Has all the makings of a let down game. Well see how this team comes out. Could get fat off the win and come out flat or come out ready to go 3-0.

Pats are a very small defense. They really only like to play one LB and fill the rest with DBs. This is a buckle up and bully them game. Seattle had a lot of success running on them and they ain’t even that good on the ground. 

Who covers Waller will be interesting. Will it be Gilmore or do the Pats try to double him with other DBs and hope that works. 

Raiders 20 Pats 26

Just hard to see the Raiders win this one. Losing to the Pats in NE is not the worst thing. 

I said Waller had to go for 100 to win against the Saints. For the Raiders to win Jacobs has to go for 120 and they have to dominate the TOP

But if the Raiders can pull this one out their a$$ this would really be something else and set them up for that playoff race

How many times did you think the raiders are gonna win this year???

3 hours ago, BayRaider said:

26-21 Patriots

Reason:

Patriots have a Top 2 Defense in the League and it's in New England. Top 3 Tough place to play and a East coast game. Yes I do realize no crowd, but will still be super tough. And not only do the Pats have a Top 2 Defense and the best CB in the game, but Cam Newton looks really good this year. I personally made a Top 10 MVP Candidate Thread in NFL Gen, and Cam is currently #10 for me. He even looks more accurate than ever before.

Gruden is going to have to be more creative than ever before. Bellichick is the master of taking players out of the game. He will probably render Waller and Jacobs obsolete, and also make sure Ruggs doesn't beat him over the top. Therefore, we really need to get Edwards and other WR's massively involved, and also get Foster/Witten involved. I'd play the short passing game with Edwards and Ruggs and convert most of the 1st downs with Foster/Witten. Also play the medium passing game with all of our WR's: Edwards, Ruggs, Nelson, Renfrow, and Zay Jones. This should be a very WR heavy game IMO. That's where we can beat Bellichick. I would like to have a lot of 4 WR sets.

Overall, I think the Pats D will be too much for us, especially being on the east coast. And to be honest, there's nothing wrong losing a close one here. If we get blown out, that's a different story.

I predicted us to lose last week and we won, hopefully the same thing happens this week.

The Pats don’t have a top 2 defense, Russ just lit em up for 35 points. You say BB will take away Waller and Jacobs so we need to go 4 WR heavy? That’s weak imo, we have one of the best OL In the league and Waller is legit a top 3 TE. I’m prioritizing both as always and adding some wrinkles. We can’t just lay down, and I bet my last dollar Gruden doesn’t go away from what is the foundation of his offense. Yea, we will have to make adjustments, but so will they. 

Edited by Geezy

23 minutes ago, Geezy said:

The Pats don’t have a top 2 defense, Russ just lit em up for 35 points. You say BB will take away Waller and Jacobs so we need to go 4 WR heavy? That’s weak imo, we have one of the best OL In the league and Waller is legit a top 3 TE. I’m prioritizing both as always and adding some wrinkles. We can’t just lay down, and I bet my last dollar Gruden goes away from what is the foundation of his offense. Yea, we will have to make adjustments, but so will they. 

You can't click Defensive Standings and expect that to be the real defenses two weeks in. Seattle is a Top Offense (possibly the best, but too early to tell obviously) in the league and the game was in Seattle. New England's D is Top Tier.

Edited by BayRaider

16 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

You can't click Defensive Standings and expect that to be the real defenses two weeks in. Seattle is a Top Offense (possibly the best, but too early to tell obviously) in the league and the game was in Seattle. New England's D is Top Tier.

Too early to tell if Seattle is a top offense, but NE is a top 2 defense. Lol ok

1 minute ago, Geezy said:

Too early to tell if Seattle is a top offense, but NE is a top 2 defense. Lol ok

Best Defense last year in almost every statistic, Defensive GOAT in Bellichick, and the Top Defensive Performance of Week 1 outside maybe Baltimore. Not really an outrageous claim. 

10 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

Best Defense last year in almost every statistic, Defensive GOAT in Bellichick, and the Top Defensive Performance of Week 1 outside maybe Baltimore. Not really an outrageous claim. 

Between FA and opt outs they’re missing about 5 starters from that defense. I’ll give you BB, but they need to show me they can stop what we do best before I run and hide in a 4 WR set. 

week 1 they played MIA, week 2 got lit up like a Christmas tree. 

Edited by Geezy

Kwiatkowski is key this week to play. I'll make my prediction closer to GameDay when we know more about his status. 

Keeping Cam's running in check is my only question which Kwiatkowski will be key in doing.

Everything else points to an impressive Raider win match-up wise. 

Raiders Win

Cam gets frustrated with the Gumby/Stretch Armstrong 'bend don't break' Defense. Abram keeps asking Cam to call his hair Salmon...Arnette rips Cam's chain off and Cam throws punches getting ejected from the game. Carr throws so wide passes the 1st quarter and we curse him out for missing a wide open Ruggs. Some dink and dunks to Waller and Jacobs then Edwards gets the bomb TD and we never look back. Crosby loses his front tooth and makes every network feature the new look in introductions. Ferrell gets two sacks and we all praise him before he gets injured. We overract and he finishes the game taped up. We praise him for his toughness and start calling Trent Baby Heuy for being alone and not on the field. Jacobs has another solid game 95 on the ground and 35 in the air. Ruggs gets an end around on a 3rd and 1 but takes it to the house. Game

• Like 3