Week 3 GDT: Raiders (2-0) @ Patriots (1-1)

RaidersAreOne

5 hours ago, Hunter2_1 said:

So how did he get 400 yards last game, did he kick the ball?

I don't know how did Matt Ryan get 450 against the same defense? Maybe Seattle's pass defense sucks.

I mean they only gave up over 800 yd in 2 weeks.

Edited by Bitty 2.0

I would like to see about 35 rushing attempts from the Raiders on Sunday. 25 ish from Jacobs and the rest from Booker and Richard. Think the more we run the ball and dominate the LOS. They put themselves in a situation where the Raiders should be in the game in the 4th qtr. 

There rush defense against this offensive line is a big advantage for the Raiders. 

Also looks like Sam Young might be available on Sunday. I really hope they don’t bench Good for him. That should be Goods job until Trent decides he wants to play. 

Week 1 Ryan threw for 450 yards vs Seattle and Cam threw for 155 and 0 TDs vs Miami.  Minshew has thrown for 275 against them tonight.

Week 2 Ryan throws for 275 vs Cowboys and Cam throws for 400 yards vs Seattle. Miami allowed Josh Allen to throw for 415 yards.

I am trying to make as many connections as possible because the season is young.  Everything points to Cam not being a good passer but having a good passing game against a horrible pass defense week 2.  I am much more concerned with him breaking containment and running.  For his career Cam's completion percentage is just under 60%.  Right now he is at 71.4%.  I predict a regression to the mean this week.  BB might have a huge impact on his production as a passer but right now I am still a skeptic.  We need to get after him because he does a good job when he has time but crumbles under pressure.  If we can get him talking to himself and pointing fingers on the sideline we should win.

9 hours ago, ronjon1990 said:

Our pass rush isn't good, but our Run D has been fairly stout and should hold up well enough against Newton in that regard. 

Our run D has been fairly stout? We're allowing 120 yards and 2 rushing TD's per game on 5 ypc. That's absolutely horrible, we rank in the bottom half of the league in every run defense related category. 

3 hours ago, NYRaider said:

He was the MVP, offensive player of the year, and 1st team All-Pro in 2015 when the Panthers went 15-1 and made it to the Super Bowl. 

He deserved all the praise that year.  He produced as a passer and a runner.  He also led his team to the Super Bowl but that is where he got exposed.  He will probably never be a prolific passer but at one point was the best weapon in the league while being a good passer.

12 minutes ago, drfrey13 said:

He deserved all the praise that year.  He produced as a passer and a runner.  He also led his team to the Super Bowl but that is where he got exposed.  He will probably never be a prolific passer but at one point was the best weapon in the league while being a good passer.

He's not a prolific passer, and never has been nor will be. But the original argument (I've been told that guy is just LV's version of....*those kind of posters*, so I'm taking with a massive pinch of salt) was that he CAN'T throw. The goalposts keep getting moved. It went from Cam can't throw to 'well he's not that good' to 'well Ryan put up 400 as well'....this is silly talk. If anyone thinks Cam CAN'T throw - just turn on the highlights...he can throw. He's not Ryan, Wilson, Rodgers, Brady, or Ben or Goff or whoever, but the dude can rip it.

We do need the run game back though this week 🤨

Edited by Hunter2_1