Week 3 GDT: Raiders (2-0) @ Patriots (1-1)

RaidersAreOne

Injuries suck but it gives us a good opportunity to work in the other guys. Waller will basically be a decoy if we know Billy Boy. He will remove something. Jacobs getting less touches and giving the back ups more would probably be a good idea. 50% Jacobs, 25% Richard, 25% Booker. I might even go 40/30/30 because Billy is expecting Jacobs. Carr in the shotgun and no huddle. Jones, Nelson, Edwards and we know Renfrow will get his. Spread the ball around. Add some Foster and Witten. Just throw the kitchen sink at this game. Needed experience and helps others get healthy. Maybe send Trent in for 30lbs of liposuction! 

Where I'd focus my game plan is rattling Cam. He's being an excellent 'team player' but get our talkers in his ear all game and make him lose it on the field. Might backfire but Abram is up to the challenge I'm sure. 

Can somebody explain to me why they are not playing the Raiders v Patriots in Southern California.  I thought LV was a secondary market for Southern California.  Instead we get Seattle V Dallas.  They always play the Dallas games but there are 100x more Raider fans and LV is 5x times closer than Seattle.  Also why do they change small areas sometimes to different games.  They switched from the Raiders to Chargers in Eugene Oregon  and the Raiders to Minni in Great Falls Montana.

It should come down to regional coverage or national game of the week.

Edited by drfrey13

1 hour ago, G said:

Injuries suck but it gives us a good opportunity to work in the other guys. Waller will basically be a decoy if we know Billy Boy. He will remove something. Jacobs getting less touches and giving the back ups more would probably be a good idea. 50% Jacobs, 25% Richard, 25% Booker. I might even go 40/30/30 because Billy is expecting Jacobs. Carr in the shotgun and no huddle. Jones, Nelson, Edwards and we know Renfrow will get his. Spread the ball around. Add some Foster and Witten. Just throw the kitchen sink at this game. Needed experience and helps others get healthy. Maybe send Trent in for 30lbs of liposuction! 

Where I'd focus my game plan is rattling Cam. He's being an excellent 'team player' but get our talkers in his ear all game and make him lose it on the field. Might backfire but Abram is up to the challenge I'm sure. 

I’d like to see Littleton spy Cam.  They have nothing at TE so we have little to nothing to worry about there.  Morrow should be able to control the RBs out then backfield.  By control I mean keep under control, that offense has always targeted RBs a ton and will get their catches and yards via RBs but Morrow should be able to keep the production down.

Hopefully we can get pressure from the right side versus Jermaine Eluemunor.  He’s the OLine’s weak link.  I really wish we’d get inside pas rush pressure but I highly doubt Collins and Hurst do much versus Thunder, Froholdt (Andrews is out), and Mason.  Maybe we can have success versus Froholdt... catch him slipping with a delayed Blitz or a DL twist... loop the DE all the way into his gap.

Even with Trent Brown and Ritchie Incognito out I have total faith in our ability to give Carr time to throw deeper.  Their front 7 is weak, lacks talent, and lacks a player who is a threat.  

not having Ruggs is gonna hurt. While he only had 1 catch last week he drew attention in coverage due to speed.  Billicheck should be able to somewhat limit Waller, but to be honest they don’t have any good matchups for him.  We gotta move him around.... motion him out to WR and send him deep.  We should target him heavy early and keep throwing different routes/alignments at them.  Hopefully Edwards can give us some catches... he played well last week.  We’ll definitely need that and more this week.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, drfrey13 said:

Can somebody explain to me why they are not playing the Raiders v Patriots in Southern California.  I thought LV was a secondary market for Southern California.  Instead we get Seattle V Dallas.  They always play the Dallas games but there are 100x more Raider fans and LV is 5x times closer than Seattle.  Also why do they change small areas sometimes to different games.  They switched from the Raiders to Chargers in Eugene Oregon  and the Raiders to Minni in Great Falls Montana.

It should come down to regional coverage or national game of the week.

Isn’t Seattle v Dallas on at 4.25pm ET we are at 1pm ET ? I’m in UK so might have times wrong? 

This is a game where DC and Gruden need to come up big. I feel we have the edge in overall talent. Even with our injuries. You know the Pats are going to be ready and give us all they got, and it’s an early game on the east coast but I think if we show up ready to play we should have the edge. 

If we’re a playoff team these are the types of games we need to win. We will be battling it out with teams like NE and Buffalo all year for playoff spots. 

8 hours ago, Dessie said:

Isn’t Seattle v Dallas on at 4.25pm ET we are at 1pm ET ? I’m in UK so might have times wrong? 

It is.  You have the Chargers playing at that time along with Dallas v Seattle on Fox.  The early game is the Rams on Fox.  They normally show the 2 primary market teams and then a third game.  Normally the third game is a decent match up but they seem to play the same teams.  The Cowboys and Patriots get played a lot along with a few other teams.  The Patriots v Raiders seems like a lock to get played over a huge area and it is if you look at the telecast map.  SoCal has one of the biggest Raider fan bases and this is the first time Chucky gets to play the Patriots since he has come back.  The teams in the 2 games both have combined records of 3-1.  There is no reason to show Dallas v Seattle over the Raiders who have a better story line this week.  The only reason I can think of is if Fox and CBS alternate weeks when they can play 2 games.  That means next week they should be able to show the Raider game but with KC playing the Patriots in the same time slot I am sure I know who they will pick even though the Raiders fanbase in SoCal is bigger than both those teams combined.

6 minutes ago, drfrey13 said:

It is.  You have the Chargers playing at that time along with Dallas v Seattle on Fox.  The early game is the Rams on Fox.  They normally show the 2 primary market teams and then a third game.  Normally the third game is a decent match up but they seem to play the same teams.  The Cowboys and Patriots get played a lot along with a few other teams.  The Patriots v Raiders seems like a lock to get played over a huge area and it is if you look at the telecast map.  SoCal has one of the biggest Raider fan bases and this is the first time Chucky gets to play the Patriots since he has come back.  The teams in the 2 games both have combined records of 3-1.  There is no reason to show Dallas v Seattle over the Raiders who have a better story line this week.  The only reason I can think of is if Fox and CBS alternate weeks when they can play 2 games.  That means next week they should be able to show the Raider game but with KC playing the Patriots in the same time slot I am sure I know who they will pick even though the Raiders fanbase in SoCal is bigger than both those teams combined.

Are you surprised? NFL is trying to protect the Rams and Chargers L.A. Market from L.A. Raider fans at all cost. They don’t want the L.A. Raider fan parents teaching their kids to be Raider fans. They want the new generation to grow up to be Rams and Charger fans. How do you do that? Manipulation. 

Anyways, if you wanna use my Sunday Ticket account this week let me know. Sometimes I don’t use it if I’m watching the Raider Game + Redzone on the other time slot. I added Redzone the NFL Network version to my cable package because I frickin hate the dude on DirecTV’s Redzone. And Scott Hanson is the man. I literally pay extra for him as host lmao. 

17 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

Are you surprised? NFL is trying to protect the Rams and Chargers L.A. Market from L.A. Raider fans at all cost. They don’t want the L.A. Raider fan parents teaching their kids to be Raider fans. They want the new generation to grow up to be Rams and Charger fans. How do you do that? Manipulation. 

Anyways, if you wanna use my Sunday Ticket account this week let me know. Sometimes I don’t use it if I’m watching the Raider Game + Redzone on the other time slot. I added Redzone the NFL Network version to my cable package because I frickin hate the dude on DirecTV’s Redzone. And Scott Hanson is the man. I literally pay extra for him as host lmao. 

If you are not going to use it that would be great.  I work Sundays in the afternoon so I only get to watch Raiders games when they play at 10 am or a primetime game.  That is why this week was so disappointing.  I got Game Pass to watch the games but by the time I get home I already know the final score.

22 hours ago, NYRaider said:

If you take away Josh Jacob's 14 yard run's against the Saints/Panthers, on the season he'd have 50 carries for 153 yards or an average of 3.07. So that means the Saints and Panthers shut him down too, right? You can't have it both ways. So why are so many people praising Jacobs and his performance? 

For me to want it both ways, I'd have to want that to be the case. I don't. Jacobs is averaging well under 4 ypc, even with his long runs. His run-by-run breakdowns haven't been consistent, relying on long breaks to make up for a lot of negative to 2 yard runs. 

That being the case, yes, the Saints and Panthers largely bottled him up, unless we're going to give him extra benefit for the short TDs (which would mean Jordan Howard is playing fantastic too...so..yeah). 

Moreover, though, you bring up a good question- I suggest you ask people who have been heaping praise instead of assuming I am so it fits your argument. I would assume it is probably benefit of the doubt considering the O-line injuries and Defenses scheming for Jacobs, but again, as I'm not one of the "people praising Jacobs and his performance", I can't answer your question. He's had some good, some bad, and a fair share of mediocre when you look at each and every run. When you consider that Jacobs has fared worse against the Panthers and the Saints than Gordon vs Pitt (#1 run D) and Gurley/Hill vs Seattle (#2 run D) and Gaskin/Breida vs Buffalo (#3 run D) and has only had similar success as Murrray and McCaffrey vs Tampa Bay (#4 run D), yeah, the Saints and Panthers largely shut him down. But again, as I wasn't making an argument otherwise, you'll have to ask someone else.

41 minutes ago, ronjon1990 said:

That being the case, yes, the Saints and Panthers largely bottled him up, unless we're going to give him extra benefit for the short TDs (which would mean Jordan Howard is playing fantastic too...so..yeah). 

Do short TD's count for less points now? We're literally in the bottom half of the league in every run defense statistical category. If we stay on the same pace, based on last season we would've ranked 26th in rushing yards allowed, 29th in yards per carry, and 32nd in rushing TD's allowed. Giving up 120 yards and 2 TD per game on 5 yards per carry is not even remotely close to good. In comparison we gave up 98 yards and 0.9 TD per game on 3.9 yards per carry last season. 

5 hours ago, BayRaider said:

I believe there is a conspiracy regarding the Raiders and the LA market.  San Diego Chargers claimed it while in San Diego once the Raiders left LA.  We couldn't get a Raider game on TV though our fan base is huge.  You would think CBS would want as many viewers as possible to watch the game for their ratings.  The LA Chargers have a limited fan base as they lost so many when they left San Diego.  There is something going on but I struggle with your explanation I noted in bold.

6 minutes ago, S&B Bleeder said:

I believe there is a conspiracy regarding the Raiders and the LA market.  San Diego Chargers claimed it while in San Diego once the Raiders left LA.  We couldn't get a Raider game on TV though our fan base is huge.  You would think CBS would want as many viewers as possible to watch the game for their ratings.  The LA Chargers have a limited fan base as they lost so many when they left San Diego.  There is something going on but I struggle with your explanation I noted in bold.

I don’t see the issue with my explanation but you can obviously disagree with it. The NFL is playing the long game. If families keep growing up Raider fans, it will severely hurt their Rams and Charger Market. One of the ways to fix that is to rarely show Raider games. That way a child probably becomes a Ram or Charger fan against their parents desires, because they are gonna be watching mostly Ram and Charger games and fall in love with them. It’s evil, but it’s business smart. 

Edited by BayRaider

41 minutes ago, TLO said:

So many conspiracy theories lol. 

CBS has a single game this week, and the local LA team is on in the LA market. It’s not that tough to figure out, and I hate it just as much as the next guy, but it is what it is. 

Get ready to get wrecked my friend

• Like 1