QB 2022 and beyond

RandyMossIsBoss

15 minutes ago, Scalamania said:

Well said. 

There was turning back from this - he sucked last year and once he got benched his time here was over. 

And tbh I don't think anyone hates him. 

Thanks

The writing was on the walls for a couple years but we all thought it was other people causing the ruckus. 

The trade has to go down. Could you imagine if it didn't and we forced him to stay here ... It would get ugly fast most likely. We need a lot of new talent regardless so the trade helps jump start that a hair and gets us more FA money later on. No reason to force him here and potentially spoil the locker room and really set us up even further. 

3 hours ago, eagles18 said:

For everyone who has been trashing Wentz. I really hope you eat your words next year when he bounces back.. this is a huge mistake and will go down as one of the worst decisions the eagles have ever made. It’ll be like choosing Rivers over Brees size..

If he goes to the bears I fully expect him to be awful next year. That isn't a good situation.

• Like 1

Foles:

Cons:

obvious..

Pros:

better than suds

vet with experience

great locker room guy

Mentor for hurts

satisfied with role as back up

Foles is gonna be that next guy who replaces Ryan Fitzpatrick as the veteran Qb that people keep wanting around because he could throw for 500 yards and 4 TD’s for like 3 games a year and then go for 180 with 2 picks the other 13 games.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, G08 said:

Bears fan here... can any of you speak to the concerns/rumors that Carson Wentz was a bad teammate/a diva in the locker room?

Is he a cancer?

Blown out of proportion, good guy just stubborn as most Qbs are. Big religious guy. He’s a really good Qb, you put anyone in his position with that oline and surrounding cast with a run game that barely worked you will do bad. His main wideouts were a 6th round rookie and two wideouts that should be on practice squad. Howie should’ve put a good cast around him, and when he actually had a number 1 and a good supporting cast, he was a mvp caliber player. He was literally the best player in the NFL at one point, that alone should be worth a first since he’s still 28. Just needs consistency around him which he hasn’t had in years, cant get into rhythm 

Edited by DeSean Jackson
  • Like 1

16 hours ago, BLick12 said:

Posted this in the news forum... makes absolutely zero sense to retain Roseman if he is trading Wentz:

How Howie Roseman has a job if they do trade Wentz is nothing short of baffling. You would think that the GMs job is tied to the franchise QB, considering the GM gave up this to get him:

The Eagles get: The No. 2 pick in 2016 and a 2017 fourth-round pick.

The Browns get: The No. 8 pick in 2016, the No. 77 pick (third round) in 2016, the No. 100 pick (fourth round) in 2016, a 2017 first-rounder and a 2018 second-rounder.

But then again, this is the same GM that drafted a QB in the 2nd round, when there are a million other holes on the team.  Oh, also the same GM that picked the HC that was then fired in 4 years.  And the same GM that also hired another stretch HC, so that he can control everything around him, and who can barely muddle his way through his opening press conference.  

Promising times ahead in Philadelphia. 

It's just really tough to support Roseman despite him having a hand in delivering a Super Bowl. The guys a little weasel who'll stab anyone in the back to make himself look good. Everyone hates guys like that.

1 hour ago, G08 said:

Bears fan here... can any of you speak to the concerns/rumors that Carson Wentz was a bad teammate/a diva in the locker room?

Is he a cancer?

He's not a bad person or anything. He just was giving too much power too quickly and it all went to his head. Started thinking he knew best and didn't have to listen to anyone else. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, G08 said:

Is he a cancer?

I think he's fine, far worse out there.

It's just a special cocktail that happened here.

I think he came in and was treated like he was a savior by everyone. 
This fit in well with being a big fish at NDSU.

Once he had success in 2017 it cemented that. But once he got hurt and Foles took his team to the Super Bowl and won it in spectacular fashion, I truly think it messed with him. Stories and videos came out that he took it hard.

I get having conflicted feelings, but the following year he pressed himself so hard he got the back injuries and was just playing off. Then yet again Foles came in and lead the team and this time better than he did that year into the playoffs.

At this point I think he lost some guys in the lockerroom, who favored Nick.
They both are semi-vocal but kinda silent types...Nick has always just been way more humble about it and Carson has some type A too him

You have Doug who went the opposite from Carson. Where I think had imposter syndrome and tried to overcorrect it. I think Doug totally bought into himself and slowly lost all the staff that helped him do such a good job in 2017. And the two grated on each other over the years.

Once Howie took Hurts I think Carson really was hurt by that and again pressed himself to be better and broke himself.
Like almost every facet of his game was broken this year.

If you want Carson to do well you gotta just let him breath, lower expectations and support him.
Ideally in a market that will do the same. I don't think the Bears are his best fit, Indy would be way better for him. But Howie is gonna do what is better for us.

Carson is a good guy, just the situation here became toxic.

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, ninjapirate said:

He's not a bad person or anything. He just was giving too much power too quickly and it all went to his head. Started thinking he knew best and didn't have to listen to anyone else. 

This too is blown out of proportion to fit the Wentz agenda. 

He like most QB wanted and was given the ability to change plays at the LOS. Manning, Brees, Rodgers, Brady, Luck, Watson,  (insert name here). Problem was he had to abuse that power because our idiot HC can't call plays. Lost his mojo, lost his playbook. Was lost as a play caller.

So why wouldn't the QB who was in that system, reading saud defense audible to what he thought was a better play call? Problem with that was the amount of injuries and the complete and utter lack of Chemistry with 3 Rookie WR's, a 2nd year Bust. Leaving only the great Greg Ward and a newbie named Travis Fulgham. 

It was all doomed from the start.

Edited by Nabbs4u