QB 2022 and beyond

RandyMossIsBoss

Just now, MKnight82 said:

As a fan of a team that hasn't found a quality starting QB in 30 years do you know how ridiculous it sounds to me to trade away a QB because someone got their feelings hurt?

This also means you knowing what a good QB looks like is ridiculous.

Just now, MKnight82 said:

As a fan of a team that hasn't found a quality starting QB in 30 years do you know how ridiculous it sounds to me to trade away a QB because someone got their feelings hurt?

....this is getting redundant and annoying. 

The Eagles traded Caron because Carson got his feelings hurt and couldn’t get over it. The Eagles didn’t trade Carson because he got his feelings hurt. 

• Like 2

Unless there is a steep drop off in 2021 QB class to 2022 QB class, then I strongly oppose trading assets to get a QB in 2021, but not as strongly as I oppose sitting at 6 and taking whoever’s left.
We have a QB we just drafted last year in the 2nd, to already quit on him (and not fire Howie) would make my brain melt. He didn’t look great, but he certainly didn’t look bad either. I absolutely think he’s worth giving a year, meanwhile use draft capital to bolster our bottom tier roster. Not further gut it just to get a rookie QB who will come in w/ less help than Wentz has had. If Hurts sucks, we take the QB in 2022.

So what’s the consensus? Steep drop off in 2022 or what?

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Jeezla said:

We're going QB this year dude. I can almost guarantee it.
Howie is going to operate under the assumption we will pick 32nd next year, so right now is the best chance to get a QB. Not to mention a rookie QB can buy Howie a year or two of job security as he develops.

If we draft a QB #6, it will make Howie and this Organization look even more incompetent. Which  sounds about right but there is ZERO REASON to not give Jalen Hurts a chance. You drafted him, you wanted him to play, You Howie need to give him 2021 to sink or swim. Period!!!

• Like 2

1 minute ago, RandyMossIsBoss said:

Unless there is a steep drop off in 2021 QB class to 2022 QB class, then I strongly oppose trading assets to get a QB in 2021, but not as strongly as I oppose sitting at 6 and taking whoever’s left.
We have a QB we just drafted last year in the 2nd, to already quit on him (and not fire Howie) would make my brain melt. He didn’t look great, but he certainly didn’t look bad either. I absolutely think he’s worth giving a year, meanwhile use draft capital to bolster our bottom tier roster. Not further gut it just to get a rookie QB who will come in w/ less help than Wentz has had. If Hurts sucks, we take the QB in 2022.

So what’s the consensus? Steep drop off in 2022 or what?

Outside of TLaw the 2021 and 2022 draft will be comparable. At least in terms of prospects. 

4 minutes ago, Nabbs4u said:

If we draft a QB #6, it will make Howie and this Organization look even more incompetent. Which  sounds about right but there is ZERO REASON to not give Jalen Hurts a chance. You drafted him, you wanted him to play, You Howie need to give him 2021 to sink or swim. Period!!!

The fact he played like a diaper blowout after Arizona. Do the Cards look dumb for moving on from Rosen and taking Kyler?

If we take a QB and he's good, it's a great move. If he sucks, then it's a bad move. 

Edited by Jeezla

14 minutes ago, AZ_Eaglesfan said:

I think he has a good chance to succeed. I just hope he doesn’t. The kids insanely talented and if he can be held accountable he will thrive. Press Taylor being in Indy really makes me wonder though. Not a good fit with that coach specifically 

I think he is a long shot to turn it around. A major part of what made him good was his escape ability. His athleticism has really declined and isn't going to get better. He is also a head case and his mechanics have been getting progressively worse for years now. I don't think it is a given his mechanics improve considering they haven't in 3 years.

12 minutes ago, Jeezla said:

The fact he played like a diaper blowout after Arizona. Do the Cards look dumb for moving on from Rosen and taking Kyler?

If we take a QB and he's good, it's a great move. If he sucks, then it's a bad move. 

I agree. If they want to give Hurts a year then fine. The only dumb thing they can do is not draft a QB they love and becomes great because they drafted Hurts a year prior. 

33 minutes ago, MKnight82 said:

About as ridiculous as his fall I’d imagine. I’d take Washington Rex Grossman over how Carson played this year. He lost us games this year.

34 minutes ago, Eagles23 said:

People are upset with the compensation but are also convinced Wentz is an unfixable bottom 5 QB. Make it make sense

Yeah this was fair for what it is. Would’ve been nice to get a little something extra or gotten Carson to rework the deal to lessen the dead cap hit for us.

But we get to move that contract and can move on easily after this year.

Just now, Kiltman said:

About as ridiculous as his fall I’d imagine. I’d take Washington Rex Grossman over how Carson played this year. He lost us games this year.

He also didn't help Reagor develop very much. Constantly over or under throwing him even when wide open. 

Hurts came in and you can almost see the chemistry instantly change not just with Reagor, but with the team. The OL started blocking better, I know Im not the only one who saw that. He came in, in a even uglier situation and performed better than Wentz. 

Don't remember who pointed it out here, but made an excellent point. Rodgers was pleading for help in the draft, they also took a QB in the early rounds and dude responded with a MVP season. Wentz was kicking and screaming on the floor and eventually wanted out instead of competing with a second year qb for the starting job next year. We hired a Reich guy as HC, and dude still wanted out.... deuces.

I appreciate Wentz for 2017 but truth is he went out like a coward. It was definitely time to move on. 

Now I countdown for Roseman to be fired. 

Just spit balling and I know my heads in the clouds but can’t get Watson out of my head. How many teams have an opening and are realistically in position and in the market for a QB? 8-10? How many of those teams would he go to? 3-4? The rumors of him going for 3-4 1sts I think are overblown. He’s going to go for much lower I think. When’s that shoe drop?