QB 2022 and beyond

RandyMossIsBoss

If a QB wants to be traded cause his fan base is mad at him for playing awful he isn’t cut out to be an NFL QB. How is this up for debate?

Look at my profile picture. I loved Wentz. Yes his situation sucked but he sucked just as bad if not worse. Then a rookie QB came in and played BETTER than him in the same situation. What on Earth are we even debating here. If you actually think the Fans are responsible for Wentz wanting out... I’ve got a bridge to sell you right now. 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, AZ_Eaglesfan said:

If a QB wants to be traded cause his fan base is mad at him for playing awful he isn’t cut out to be an NFL QB. How is this up for debate?

Look at my profile picture. I loved Wentz. Yes his situation sucked but he sucked just as bad if not worse. Then a rookie QB came in and played BETTER than him in the same situation. What on Earth are we even debating here. If you actually think the Fans are responsible for Wentz wanting out... I’ve got a bridge to sell you right now. 

I'd hardly say he played better. He threw for a few more ypg, sure, but there's also zero film on him and he's a much bigger threat to run the ball than Wentz. Defenses can't prep for him like they could Wentz.

I'll put it like this: If Philly fans were just showing love to Wentz the last few years instead of tearing him apart every chance they got, do you think he'd still want to leave? Why would you want to play for fans and/or an organization that literally tell you they don't want you here? If I were him, I'd want to leave too.

50 minutes ago, elevators_rule said:

I'll put it like this: If Philly fans were just showing love to Wentz the last few years instead of tearing him apart every chance they got, do you think he'd still want to leave? Why would you want to play for fans and/or an organization that literally tell you they don't want you here? If I were him, I'd want to leave too.

9p16.gif

I'm pretty sure he chose the wrong profession/career if he wasn't ready to be criticized when he falls short of expectations. 

Edited by Scalamania
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, elevators_rule said:

People gave him love, much more than most get here. It wasn’t until this year that people really turned on him. 

To break down Philly fandom simply... The fans have your back, but they’ll be as tough or tougher on you than other fans if they think you are slacking or not giving your all. Some people come here and feed on that and are beloved for decades after they hang it up...even if they barely were here at all. Like you could probably go to Xfinity live or an Eagles game, some big group of Eagles fans, and hear at least one person talk about Jeff Garcia’s run here.

If Carson doesn’t like that, I get it. But it’s not anyone’s fault but his own how bad he played. Like Doug and the offense didn’t help. Howie didn’t help by drafting Hurts. But it’s on him for holding onto the ball too long, it’s on him for not reading the defense, it’s on him for being careless with the ball. 

They gave him a brand new deal, they traded up to get him, they fired coaches to get him what he needed. Fans named their kids and pets after him, defended him constantly for years. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, elevators_rule said:

I'd hardly say he played better. He threw for a few more ypg, sure, but there's also zero film on him and he's a much bigger threat to run the ball than Wentz. Defenses can't prep for him like they could Wentz.

You just don’t have a single clue as to what you are talking about so there is no point in discussing anything with you. Yes Carson got criticized this season cause he sucked, but I can assure you prior to this year he was treated like a messiah and defended to death. Ask Matts. Look at my profile picture. 

You flat out are not qualified to enter this discussion. 

Edited by AZ_Eaglesfan
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, Nabbs4u said:

What did he say false, curious?

💩'y Weapons

💩'y OL (injuries)

💩'y Play caller

💩'y GM

💩'y Fans turning on him

💩'y Media turning on him

I'm sure non of that led to him playing like 💩. He should of risen above it, turned water into whine. 

He’s speaking in these absolutes. Taking this forum as a microcosm of the Fanbase, some wanted him to be benched bust most did not. We are still at least 50/50 split on him at this moment despite him not wanting to be here at all.

Also almost any NFL fanbase would have been just as pissed but we get a microscope on us. If this same situation happened in Jacksonville the fan reaction would be 100% the same but nobody cares because they don’t get any media coverage. 

Also if you think any athlete looks at his Twitter mentions and is like “ok now I want to leave” that is pretty dumb of you. 

Trying to pin blame on the fanbase is a stupid, lazy, tired and untrue narrative and get out of my life with that garbage 

• Like 1

Whats the latest on this situation? I will reiterate my previous post... Tell Wentz he signed the contract and if our haul isn't enough to offset his 33mill in dead cap, either RESTRUCTURE or bring your butt back and compete for the starting job... And the notion that you can't bring him back is bologna - Especially if you make him earn the starting job. If the birds don't get a first, sorry Wentz - See you at OTAs where your starting job will be up in the air since you got outplayed last season by a rookie.... Don't want to have that situation? Then restructure and the Birds will take a lesser deal where the dead cap hit isn't close to what it is (blame it on your performance this past season that it has gotten to this point).

Edited by Wentz you dog you

Albert Breer:

I think it’s pretty clear at this point that the Bears have pushed harder than the Colts to get Carson Wentz. The Eagles are probably gonna get the best return with Carson Wentz going to Chicago. I think the last piece of it, then, would become can you convince Carson Wentz it’s the right thing to do because I think the Bears would like to at least like know Carson Wentz is on board before pulling the trigger on a trade. 

1 hour ago, G08 said:

Albert Breer:

I think it’s pretty clear at this point that the Bears have pushed harder than the Colts to get Carson Wentz. The Eagles are probably gonna get the best return with Carson Wentz going to Chicago. I think the last piece of it, then, would become can you convince Carson Wentz it’s the right thing to do because I think the Bears would like to at least like know Carson Wentz is on board before pulling the trigger on a trade. 

Flat out tell him you're traded to the bears. If you got another problem to add to the list then you can just sit on the bench here. 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, G08 said:

Albert Breer:

He really doesn't have a say so. If he wants to continue to be a starting QB in the NFL then he is gonna have to quit pouting and put on his big girl panties. Jerk is making a ton of money to basically be a flash in the pan, get injured a few times and have one heck of a terrible season. 

AND it's not like he wouldn't have been welcomed back. All he would have to do is say, "I'm sorry for sucking last season. I promise you I will be better next year. I am 1009% committed to my fellow teammates, this new coaching staff, the city of Philadelphia and especially the fans! Fly Eagles Fly!" and magically all sins will be forgiven. He hasn't, so trade him to whatever team will give us the most picks and quality players. I could care less if he stomps and kicks his feet like a brat in the toy aisle on his way out. Tough sh#@ you are a grow man getting paid millions to pay a game. 

Go Birds

MC

Reading this thread made me glad I´m not as invested on this saga as I normally would be. Speaking objectively I can´t fault anyone for not wanting to be part of this organization as long as Howie is involved the way he is or on any capacity. It is a sign of a crappy organization when a QB or a high profile player wants out of it granted a lot of Wentz´s critiscim is deserved that´s for sure. I don´t think it´s best for both parties to part ways at this point but I think it´s a situation well ran organizations don´t find themselves in.

Speaking as someone who´s not American let alone from Philly I have never gotten the city´s sense of entitlement in regards to their athletes that they have to be or act a certain way. I remember an argument against McNabb was the he was too rah rah (as a non native English speaker don´t know what that means) and that he wasn´t Philly.