Week 3 MNF: Ravens vs Chiefs (MVP vs MVP)

RavensTillIDie

MVP Poll  

46 members have voted

1. 1. Who Wil Win the Game?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 09/30/2020 at 12:30 AM

3 minutes ago, Bearerofnews said:

I call it how i see it. He was unstoppable last year. That wasn't a fluke.

Teams adjust to Mobile QBs like him after a dominant year all the time. The reason his pass stats are so great is because his dominant run game commands respect and opens up the pass game like we’ve never seen before. If Lamar had Brady Legs he’d probably be the worst QB in the league. 

Not saying Lamar is gonna have a bad season. I think he’s a Top 10 QB and the Ravens will be in the playoffs. But saying he’s a great pure passer is beyond laughable. 

Edited by BayRaider

1 minute ago, Bearerofnews said:

Lamar is a dominant passer. He looked better than Mahomes did last week for like 3 1/3 quarters. Next week Lamar will have like 300 yds passing and 5 tds and everyone will be back on the bandwagon.

I was going to post something like Jackson has shown he can be an effective passer with his other skill sets opening things up for him, but then there's posts like this that make me say...nah.

If Jackson couldn't run the way he does and if the Ravens didn't build an offense around that unique skill set he has, he'd be out of the league....well, he'd never have been drafted to begin with. It's a testament to Jackson's athletic ability that defenses have to go to extreme lengths to negate him in that regard. It's his own abilities as a runner opening things up in the passing game. But I doubt even the Ravens homers believe Jackson would really be a dominant passer if that's all he had.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Bearerofnews said:

Lamar is a dominant passer. He looked better than Mahomes did last week for like 3 1/3 quarters. Next week Lamar will have like 300 yds passing and 5 tds and everyone will be back on the bandwagon.

Given that he's only done that once, against a tanking Miami team....