Most physically dominant players

Hunter2_1

You've ever seen?

So, they're ALL physical specimens, but who are the players you've seen that even at this level make it look like men against boys?

Aaron Donald is the obvious answer. Every week he does something that makes him seem like he's a step up even from elite physicality of the NFL. Last week it was rag-dolling an OL and a one-handed strip sack. He's often breaking through double teams etc.

Some others, throughout all-time that you've seen?

Julius Peppers is always the first one to come to mind, for me. Played in the 280 to 290 pound range, and was every bit as strong as anyone that size, and yet I'll never forget a play against Denver way back when he noticed that the TE released after pretending to run block, him backing out to cover it, and outrunning everyone but Rod Smith for a 100ish yard interception return. And Rod Smith really only caught him because he tripped at like the 5. The man just had a size/strength/speed combo that shouldn't exist.

• Like 1

Adrian Peterson's definitely up there for me for the RB position.  Dude had a ridiculous combination of everything that could make a runner great.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0RYT4gR9OpY

That's not even his best run, but it kind of shows what I'm saying.  Quick enough to make the juke at the LOS, strong enough to stiff arm someone else shortly after, then has the burst to finish off the run.  And this was in 2015.  Dude was special as a rookie.  He ran super violent, but you couldn't even call him a power back.  

I never saw Jim Brown play, but the way people describe his skill-set, I always just think Adrian Peterson.  

I wonder if his single-game rushing record will ever be broken.  The closest we have seen is Jerome Harrison at 286 in 2009 and Jamal Charles with 259 in 2010.  The last one to hit 250 was Doug Martin in 2012.  

• Like 3

41 minutes ago, iknowcool said:

Adrian Peterson's definitely up there for me for the RB position.  Dude had a ridiculous combination of everything that could make a runner great.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0RYT4gR9OpY

That's not even his best run, but it kind of shows what I'm saying.  Quick enough to make the juke at the LOS, strong enough to stiff arm someone else shortly after, then has the burst to finish off the run.  And this was in 2015.  Dude was special as a rookie.  He ran super violent, but you couldn't even call him a power back.  

I never saw Jim Brown play, but the way people describe his skill-set, I always just think Adrian Peterson.  

I wonder if his single-game rushing record will ever be broken.  The closest we have seen is Jerome Harrison at 286 in 2009 and Jamal Charles with 259 in 2010.  The last one to hit 250 was Doug Martin in 2012.  

Are we just considering rush performances after that game, I’m guessing? As Jamal Lewis hit 295 yards. But I doubt it gets surpassed but only because of the RB by committee approach. The only way I could see it getting passed would be if a team like the Ravens or Browns with their rush% having say Hunt go down or Ingram/Dobbins go down. I could see Nick Chubb and Gus Edwards going off against some creampuff team that simply can’t stop them. Derrick Henry also should be mentioned here obviously, especially if Earl Thomas is on the opposing team.
george of the jungle laugh GIF

• Like 1

Justin Smith as a 49er. I'll always remember him plowing through Jermon Bushrod and nearly sacking Drew Brees in the playoffs. 

Larry Allen as an offensive lineman. Reggie White as a defensive lineman. 

Marshawn Lynch and Adrian Peterson are probably the two best guys I've seen in terms of gaining yards after contact. 

Terrell Owens the most physical wideout. Just looked like a man among boys compared to everyone else on the field. 

In no order:

- Jonathan Ogden
- Willie Roaf
- Quenton Nelson
- Kelechi Osemele (when healthy)
- Ray Lewis
- Brian Urlacher
- Patrick Willis
- JJ Watt
- Aaron Donald
- Rob Gronkowski
- Calvin Johnson
- Julio Jones
- DK Metcalf
- Terrell Owens
- Andre Johnson
- Randy Moss
- Derrick Henry
- Adrian Peterson
- CJ2k
- Ben Roethlisburger
- Lamar Jackson
- Mike Vick
- Patrick Mahomes
- Cam Newton

The ones in bold particularly standout to me. At his peak, there’s no other RB I would’ve rather had on the Ravens than CJ2K.

12 hours ago, Hunter2_1 said:

You've ever seen?

So, they're ALL physical specimens, but who are the players you've seen that even at this level make it look like men against boys?

Aaron Donald is the obvious answer. Every week he does something that makes him seem like he's a step up even from elite physicality of the NFL. Last week it was rag-dolling an OL and a one-handed strip sack. He's often breaking through double teams etc.

Some others, throughout all-time that you've seen?

Khalil Mack years 1-2