2021 Draft Thread

John232

Just now, Forge said:

I think he'll be successful if we drafted him. There's a part of me that will always wonder if we left money on the table if we took him over fields though

I agree with this. I know mock drafts are bad barometer of draft trade value, but all the trades I'm seeing to get up to the 5th, 6th, or 7th spot is a 1st, 3rd, 5th this year and 1st next. We can absolutely swing that and still fill other holes this year and next. 

Again, not sure how real that value is, but if it's close to that, It makes a ton of sense to pull the trigger if they value Fields that highly.

i just woke up and I’m moody and then I saw the Albright thing so I’m being dramatic, that said:

I think their results in free agency have legitimately set this team back. And I’m someone whose largely defended their process. The propensity towards injury prone players is also damning. the obsession with paying RBs, and somewhat  neglecting the IOL in recent years has cost us some big wins.  Injury issues having been such a thing during their tenure that it is also getting me to start questioning their process in hiring training staff  and Preventative care personnel (two in the same) but also their approach to injured players in general 

as for Mac Jones, i think he’s a mediocre prospect across the board with below average athleticism. We already have that guy on our roster, yeah he’s more expensive, but this is such a thoroughly lateral move that I can’t really see any upside besides some savings.

Just now, Forge said:

On the bright side, still highly doubt we draft qb at 12 anyway

Was just thinking this morning that Washington would be a likely trade possibility for us if there is a QB sitting there. Then I looked at 49erswebzone and saw a mock with us trading with them. I wouldn't be surprised if that was a move we made. 

5 minutes ago, GW21 said:

Was just thinking this morning that Washington would be a likely trade possibility for us if there is a QB sitting there. Then I looked at 49erswebzone and saw a mock with us trading with them. I wouldn't be surprised if that was a move we made. 

Honestly, don't think that this front office is bold enough to make that sort of trade down. We have traded down twice in the first three rounds of this entire regime and they were both moving down one spot where we were at no risk to lose our guy. 

10 minutes ago, Forge said:

Honestly, don't think that this front office is bold enough to make that sort of trade down. We have traded down twice in the first three rounds of this entire regime and they were both moving down one spot where we were at no risk to lose our guy. 

Yeah, it'd definitely have to be for the right price. If we could somehow pry next years first from Washington, that would definitely make it worth it IMO. I'm pretty confident Dallas is going to win that division next year so that pick could end up being pretty valuable. It really depends on how desperate WFT would be to make that move. I doubt they are going to try to roll into next year with just Kyle Allen. 

1 minute ago, GW21 said:

Yeah, it'd definitely have to be for the right price. If we could somehow pry next years first from Washington, that would definitely make it worth it IMO. I'm pretty confident Dallas is going to win that division next year so that pick could end up being pretty valuable. It really depends on how desperate WFT would be to make that move. I doubt they are going to try to roll into next year with just Kyle Allen. 

Yeah, if any of those teams were offering next years first to get up to 12 and get their guy and we didn't take it I'd go nuts. I don't even care if we had to offer something else back like a third. Those are the types of deals you make because the upside is so great. Teams can easily bottom out with a rookie QB in charge. Chicago may have no cares about what they do with future picks given that Nagy and Pace are going to be gone lol

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Chrissooner49er said:

😎 Too raw for the 1st round, IMO. That release is wonky.

His pro day is on NFLN right now. His release looks more deliberate and they are saying they worked with him on not taking too big of a step with his front foot 

Kids got a helluvan arm and has been on point 

Without private workouts, without having seen him in person at any time that I'm aware of, I can't believe that Lance is remotely on our radar in the first round. I don't think that Shanny / Lynch are making that sort of move at the most important position in sports without having seen him live. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Forge said:

This doesn't surprise me at all. Lance is built like a prototype franchise QB, has a live arm, is athletic, and by all reports is a good dude off the field. Playing time was obviously a knock, but there is a lot to work with there.  

8 minutes ago, GW21 said:

This doesn't surprise me at all. Lance is built like a prototype franchise QB, has a live arm, is athletic, and by all reports is a good dude off the field. Playing time was obviously a knock, but there is a lot to work with there.  

Its not something I can get behind, personally. Never a good idea to take projects that high. When you're in the top 5, I don't think "raw" should be a trait used to describe the guy you are drafting. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Forge said:

Its not something I can get behind, personally. Never a good idea to take projects that high. When you're in the top 5, I don't think "raw" should be a trait used to describe the guy you are drafting. 

I don't disagree with that. I guess what I was referring to was more that Lance is going to go high, not necessarily at 3, but I definitely wasn't buying that he was getting out of the top 10, and definitely didn't agree with people saying that he was going to drop to the late teens or 20s. I think the comp people kept making to Jordan Love was just god awful too. To me Lance is a far superior prospect to Love. 

• Like 2