2021 Draft Thread

John232

22 minutes ago, NcFinest9erFan said:

If we traded down in the first, Newsome and Horn are two of my top choices in the back-half of the first round. If either found their way in the top of the second, I'd think real hard about trading up for one of them. 

58 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

LOL, obviously these numbers are cooked this year but dude is just insane. I really don't see how he falls to #12? 

Dallas is the tricky one. They need secondary help, so I've been assuming corner there, and they need edge (no one worth that pick), but it could easily be offensive line as well. The other issue would be if Atlanta went Sewell and then Cincy is probably forced to go Slater (though I won't lie, giving Burrow Pitts would be super fun). 

I love how how Slater's 3-cone time was .1 slower than DK metcalf's lol

1 hour ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

LOL, obviously these numbers are cooked this year but dude is just insane. I really don't see how he falls to #12? 

Quite a big difference in the times from the two tweets. Watching the video, he has wheels for a big man, but not 4.3 wheels. 

**Update**

Edited by NinerNation21

17 minutes ago, Forge said:

Dallas is the tricky one. They need secondary help, so I've been assuming corner there, and they need edge (no one worth that pick), but it could easily be offensive line as well. The other issue would be if Atlanta went Sewell and then Cincy is probably forced to go Slater (though I won't lie, giving Burrow Pitts would be super fun). 

I love how how Slater's 3-cone time was .1 slower than DK metcalf's lol

I don't know man, I don't see how a team doesn't trade up for that talent. He's going to be insanely good, where ever he plays at. Year one all pro caliber type of guard if that's where he is placed and a good OT despite the lack of arm length. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, NinerNation21 said:

Quite a big difference in the times from the two tweets. Watching the video, he has wheels for a big man, but not 4.3 wheels. 

**Update**

Yeah, no way in hell any OL running close to a 4.31 lol.

But imagine this man moving in space in Shanny's stretch zone scheme!!!!!!! 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

I don't know man, I don't see how a team doesn't trade up for that talent. He's going to be insanely good, where ever he plays at. Year one all pro caliber type of guard if that's where he is placed and a good OT despite the lack of arm length. 

Yea he has to be sky-rocketing up boards now. His tape was already great but add the athletic traits with it and I'm almost certain he's the second OT off the board now. 

3 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Yeah, no way in hell any OL running close to a 4.31 lol.

But imagine this man moving in space in Shanny's stretch zone scheme!!!!!!! 

It would be a sight to see for sure. If you watch him in the video, his first couple steps are slow, but on his 3rd or 4th step, you can see the acceleration kick in. I don't know if that's the video quality or the way he runs, but it's very noticeable. 

On 3/10/2021 at 12:21 AM, Forge said:

Pooka Williams pro day numbers is you're interested

5'9 1/2" and 175: 

40 time: 4.36 to 4.38 
Vertical: 33"
broad jump: 9'9"
shuttle: 4.01
Three Cone 6.87

Williams is coo...but IF we're going that route, I'd rather have Felton of UCLA. His skills as a receiver are just insane.

8 minutes ago, 757-NINER said:

Williams is coo...but IF we're going that route, I'd rather have Felton of UCLA. His skills as a receiver are just insane.

We have shown a lot of interest in Pooka during the pre draft stuff. Only reason i brought it up. 

I'd almost guarantee that we are drafting a running back at some point

2 hours ago, Forge said:

We have shown a lot of interest in Pooka during the pre draft stuff. Only reason i brought it up. 

I'd almost guarantee that we are drafting a running back at some point

Wish we had the luxury of bringing in Javonte Williams. That dude is a stud.