2021 Draft Thread

John232

1 hour ago, 49ersfan said:

By solving our needs with re-signings (Williams, Verrett, Juice, Moseley) & FA (Ebukam, Mack), #12 really feels open to BPA 

Unless its a QB, i really wouldn't mind shoring up the OL. 

It puts them in a strong position to go QB if they really want to. Especially if this team lands a WR / Nickel back on the cheap. 

3 minutes ago, Forge said:

It puts them in a strong position to go QB if they really want to. Especially if this team lands a WR / Nickel back on the cheap. 

I agree. We now have the flexibility to move up for a QB if the price is right, stay pat and take BPA, or trade down and stock picks to fill holes that will be open in 2022 or 2023.

35 minutes ago, 49erurtaza said:

Would love to draft Slater and trade McG 

Wouldn't mind that. Also wouldn't mind having Slater play at RG for a year & kick him out to OT if/when McGlinchey leaves in FA.

4 minutes ago, Forge said:

We do have that flexibility to trade up for the top 4, sit at 12 for Jones, or trade for Watson....lets see how it plays out 

Does anyone think we could possibly target Micah Parsons @12 and trade Warner along with some picks for Watson? It would make sense with what Lynch and co have been doing, getting rid of a player and just thinking that a draftee can fill the void (Defo to Kinlaw). Then possibly making the trade after June 1st so the dead capital is feasible for both teams. Not saying we won’t draft a qb, but later maybe 4th round. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, StevenK said:

Does anyone think we could possibly target Micah Parsons @12 and trade Warner along with some picks for Watson? It would make sense with what Lynch and co have been doing, getting rid of a player and just thinking that a draftee can fill the void (Defo to Kinlaw). Then possibly making the trade after June 1st so the dead capital is feasible for both teams. Not saying we won’t draft a qb, but later maybe 4th round. 

While I do like Parsons, I don’t see that happening. Regarding Parsons, part of me wants to put his hand back in the dirt and see what he could do at DE. 

1 minute ago, StevenK said:

I mean, it’s great value but there’s no way we deal for Watson and don’t end up giving up picks.

With the way this team is built, I don’t know  how we’re going to be in position to draft a good QB again, at least at 12 were in position to trade up and grab fields/Wilson..maybe we trade back and go for lance, but man I really, really want us to have a plan at QB in the coming years that doesn’t involve Jimmy G because I have 0 faith in the guy to give us any sort of consistency or reliability. Jimmy G straight up sides that Dalton line and I’m not about that.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, StevenK said:

Problem is if we trade for Watson, then that #12 pick is gone. 

1 minute ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Problem is if we trade for Watson, then that #12 pick is gone. 

The only way this could happen is if Houston really Plays it close to the chest and doesn’t trade Watson before the draft. I would argue that’s idiotic..they should just get this over with and take the massive haul. But they seem intent on idiocy.

6 minutes ago, John232 said:

The only way this could happen is if Houston really Plays it close to the chest and doesn’t trade Watson before the draft. I would argue that’s idiotic..they should just get this over with and take the massive haul. But they seem intent on idiocy.

Report today says they accepted that they have to trade him. My only concern is with the DV stuff coming out real or not it'll probably means we won't be interested in Watson. Unless it gets cleared asap.

Edited by 49erurtaza

3 minutes ago, 49erurtaza said:

Report today says they accepted that they have to trade him. My only concern is with the DV stuff coming out real or not it'll probably means we won't be interested in Watson. Unless it gets cleared asap.

The timing of that lawsuit is just way to fishy to me. Seems like a cash grab to me. 

• Like 2

Just now, 49erurtaza said:

Report today says they accepted that they have to trade him. My only concern is with the DV stuff coming out real or not it'll probably means we won't be interested in Watson.

Watson could be Richard Ramirez, Harvey Weinstein, Boy George and Yoko Ono rolled into one personality and he would still be the most sought after QB In the league not named Patrick Mahomes.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, GW21 said:

Good measurements for Ojulari. 

OLB Azeez Ojulari

Height: 6-foot-2 and 1/4 inches
Weight: 249 pounds
Wingspan: 82 and 1//2 inches
Arm Length: 34 and 3/8 inches
Hand size: 10 and 1/2 inches

Jesus. That arm length is absurd for his size. 

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Forge said:

Jesus. That arm length is absurd for his size. 

Yes, and he uses them better than most of the other edge guys. He has one go to move bursting up field, bending and swatting the outside hand before cornering and flattening towards the qb. But it's a good one and he's killed with it against good competition. Gotta see counters back inside or through in the NFL, but he's got more pass rushing background to lean on than most. Now, the run defense is not so hot. A lot of people say that about all undersized edge guys, but Perkins is about the same size and he's just so ferocious and mean and gap disciplined that he still kills against the run. Ojulari doesn't play like you stole his bike as a kid. Perkins does.

• Like 2