2021 Draft Thread

John232

26 minutes ago, Forge said:

For those who don't, he's already had one torn ACL,  back problems (forced him to miss a couple of games) and now this. Even if this is happening outside of the season, this stuff still matters. 

All of this and he's still a bit raw. He started his college career as a WR before shifting over to CB. VT is great at coaching kids up in the secondary, but with his injury history and lack of meaningful snaps, he's going to fall. 

My top 5:

1. Surtain

2. Newsome

3. Farley

4. Horn

5. Samuel

Are there any RB's worthy of the 12th pick? Or perhaps later on if we trade down?

We've seemingly solved all our top needs which frees us for the BPA & Shanny has been looking for that premier back ever since he got here

Its not a move i'd agree with, but a move i could see us making....

1 minute ago, 49ersfan said:

Are there any RB's worthy of the 12th pick? Or perhaps later on if we trade down?

We've seemingly solved all our top needs which frees us for the BPA & Shanny has been looking for that premier back ever since he got here

Maybe Najee Harris, but I would imagine trading down to get him if he’s BPA. 

2 minutes ago, 49ersfan said:

RB with the 12th pick? Ew! 

We still need to address the CB and edge situation. Far from set in both areas.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, 49ersfan said:

I'd love to land Javonte Williams out of UNC and he may be there at our second round pick. I don't think we go RB that high though and I'm not sure Williams is a back that Shanahan would value. Shanny seems to love those burner type of RBs and that isn't really his game. 

4 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

RB with the 12th pick? Ew! 

We still need to address the CB and edge situation. Far from set in both areas.

I read that the top of the edge class is weak? I'd personally prefer CB or OL. But i could see us using a the pick on a "luxury" like a WR, RB, or maybe even Pitts

Just now, 49ersfan said:

I read that the top of the edge class is weak? I'd personally prefer CB or OL. But i could see us using a the pick on a "luxury" like a WR, RB, or maybe even Pitts

Pitts would be awesome and truly a luxury pick but even that I would take 100 out of 100 times over a RB.

Edge class has some players that they may like. Wouldn't count them out picking the best edge at #12 since it doesn't look like the teams ahead of them will go in that direction.

CB is still a huge need. I like Horn a lot but he may be had with a trade down. 

• Like 1

Nice to know Joe is out there doing something that isn't quite as demanding as coaching but should be rather gratifying. Helping the next generation of players? That sounds like Joe. 

I wonder if he is a pipeline of info on some of the OL in this draft for his former team....

1 hour ago, Forge said:

Apparently he said he thinks waddle is a 4.5 guy? 

Honestly, I thought I was the only one that really questioned if Waddle was the speedster he's been made out to be. Hasn't really translated when I've watched him but I have been wrong before so...

The WR nobody is talking about and its really baffling me is "Scary' Terry. Granted he's had some issues with drops but dude is a monster on the field. Big, athletic and fast. If he had better QB play in college I really believe he'd be considered a top 5 guy. I see alot ppl have him going in the late rounds and I that's just crazy to me. 

Edited by 757-NINER

8 minutes ago, Chrissooner49er said:

The only one I would really want in the 1st is Smith. Just so smooth and he has proven himself against good talent. 

Jamarr Chase did what Smith did in the same conference at 19 years old and doesn't have questions about size

Smith is my lowest rated out of the top 4 (including Pitts) fairly easily. 

• Like 4