2021 Draft Thread

John232

Just now, J-ALL-DAY said:

Spoiler alert, he is! 

He's not a bad athlete at all. 

He's got bigger love handles than me, sir. Hardly an athlete.

I kid, sort of. I remember being a little surprised to see how well he moved in the games I watched. But I think Forge called it, in that Lance is going to be the guy who drops. and someone is going to trade up with like New York and pick Jones...wouldn't be surprised to see the Patriots make that jump... but i'm also now at the point where I think we very well could end up going Jones...

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, John232 said:

Mac Jones running a 4.8 is legitimately surprising to me. He might honestly go top 10. 

The funny thing is he had a lower vert than leatherwood 

Honestly, he doesn't need to be a crazy athlete. His pocket manipulation is pretty good. Moves north / south, east/west.  He knows he has to slide. The question will just be in recognizing it

Still not sure what the QB market is going to look like. The idea that 4/5 are going to go in the top 10 is still just so foreign lol. I'm pretty sure that it's never been 5, and it's only been 4 twice (40 years apart). But with the way the class is built, and the teams in the top ten, I can totally see it. 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Forge said:

Horn is our first round pick, confirmed. 

I hope not. He has some tools, no doubt about it but there are major concerns with his game for me. He's not top half of the first round kind of good imo.

Edited by 757-NINER

1 hour ago, John232 said:

He's got bigger love handles than me, sir. Hardly an athlete.

I kid, sort of. I remember being a little surprised to see how well he moved in the games I watched. But I think Forge called it, in that Lance is going to be the guy who drops. and someone is going to trade up with like New York and pick Jones...wouldn't be surprised to see the Patriots make that jump... but i'm also now at the point where I think we very well could end up going Jones...

I still think Lance goes to ATL 

I didn't really want Mac Jones before but he's been growing on me. I've heard comparisons to Kurt Warner, Eli Manning, Kirk Cousins etc. 

We know Shanny loves Cousins so why not go with the younger cheaper option? 

And we could likely get Jones at 12 without trading up. I think after Lawrence/Wilson go 1 & 2, Panthers will probably trade up to 3 or 4 for Fields. Pats could trade up for Lance. Not sure if any other teams will be making moves for QB's at the top of the draft.

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, 49ersfan said:

I didn't really want Mac Jones before but he's been growing on me. I've heard comparisons to Kurt Warner, Eli Manning, Kirk Cousins etc. 

We know Shanny loves Cousins so why not go with the younger cheaper option? 

And we could likely get Jones at 12 without trading up. I think after Lawrence/Wilson go 1 & 2, Panthers will probably trade up to 3 or 4 for Fields. Pats could trade up for Lance. Not sure if any other teams will be making moves for QB's at the top of the draft.

I've been very lukewarm on Mac, but I think he'd be successful with Kyle, so I would not have a major issue with it.  I'm not drafting him over fields, myself, however

Horn is going to draw flags like a BBQ draws flies. Wouldn't be pleased with that pick. Surtain I could be a bit excited about in the 1st, Samuel Jr in the 2nd (if he lasts that long!). I originally was very opposed to taking a DB in the 1st, but FA has gone so well that our 9ers are not forced into any particular athlete or position. It will be a very interesting 1st round.

If we traded down, I would really like Ojulari but he isn't a need (and no guarantee he would be there if we traded down).

If we trade up, I would love to take Wilson (pipe dream!) or even Mac Jones (if it is just a couple of spots up). I would be very 'meh' on Fields or Lance and disappointed if we traded up to draft them. Enormous athletic potential, but their heads just aren't so ready yet. That makes me nervous.

If Davonta Smith were to fall (like that would happen!), I wouldn't mind a trade up (especially if our staff have cooled on Samuel like the rumors might be indicating). Most fluid WR I can remember in recent history. 

Taking an OT in the 1st would be good, but I would rather not trade up for one. Stay put or trade down. Still wonder if our staff keep in touch with Staley regarding these dudes...

21 minutes ago, Chrissooner49er said:

Samuel Jr in the 2nd (if he lasts that long!)

I'm willing to bet he will be there at our pick in the 2nd. He's very undersized and not extremely athletic, those kinds of players don't shoot up draft boards. His game completely relies on his IQ and technique, which seems to be very good. But again, high IQ and technique don't cause guys to rise this time of the year. 

• Like 1