2021 Draft Thread

John232

12 minutes ago, Forge said:

Yep, I could see it. I have him as a top 5 talent in this class, so if he's there at 12 and we take him, I won't be upset. That's just pure value in my opinion.

He adds another dimension apart from Kittle (true red zone threat...for whatever reason, that's not Kittle thus far in his career), and the fact is, I worry that Kittle, who is already 28 this upcoming season, isn't super long for this life. His game is too brutal. We should see steady degradation of his RAC over the next couple of years and probably his overall production. 28 was the last really good year for Gronk, and thats what Kittle is. I don't expect him to fall off right now, but I Think it's coming in the next couple of years. By 2023, we could be in for a rough spot with him and at that point, you'd be looking at getting Pitts in to a big deal, so the timing works. 

Let's see, but Gronk came into the league younger than Kittle. But I can see Kittle slowing down in three or so years. TEs don't last all that long usually. 

But Pitts is a machine. Can put him damn near anywhere on the field and he will thrive. 

You just know Lynch will banging the drums to take a defensive player while Shanny will be like:

Shannon Sharpe GIF by memecandy - Find & Share on GIPHY

GIVE ME PITTS!!!!

24 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Let's see, but Gronk came into the league younger than Kittle. But I can see Kittle slowing down in three or so years. TEs don't last all that long usually. 

But Pitts is a machine. Can put him damn near anywhere on the field and he will thrive. 

You just know Lynch will banging the drums to take a defensive player while Shanny will be like:

Shannon Sharpe GIF by memecandy - Find & Share on GIPHY

GIVE ME PITTS!!!!

I'm all aboard the Pitts train. He's a special talent even if he were a WR. By year 3 he's going to be one of the best offensive players in the game. He'd be a steal at 12.

• Like 1

My guy!!!!

Right now my rankings of who I want at #12 go something like this:

1. Slater

2. Horn

3. Surtain/Farley

4. Farley/Surtain

5. Pitts (Though I can easily flip him to the top or near the top due to his otherworldly talent)

6. This will go to the edge rusher that I need to see more of.

Just now, J-ALL-DAY said:

Forget the testing measurables, he has as much DOG as anyone in this draft class. Don't overthink it with him. He will have some stuff to clean up but believe in the talent. Jaire Alexander 2.0. 

It's not about overthinking it. I just don't think he's going to win most of his battles at the line like he does in college. But what this does do is make me think he can develop a recovery game. Now, some of the other stuff this doesn't really apply to (zone awareness and the like...that's just something you have need to bank on him figuring out). 

• Like 1

But I already confirmed that Horn was our first round pick anyway. I did it a couple of pages back lol.  We are all about personal relationships and despite South Carolina firing muschamp, he worked with and recruited Horn. We have an in there, we trust muschamp. 

I'd put Horn on the short list of guys we are likely to take

1 minute ago, Forge said:

But I already confirmed that Horn was our first round pick anyway. I did it a couple of pages back lol.  We are all about personal relationships and despite South Carolina firing muschamp, he worked with and recruited Horn. We have an in there, we trust muschamp. 

I'd put Horn on the short list of guys we are likely to take

So far Muschamp and Herm Edwards sure are guys we seem to trust a lot. Lets see how many Georgia guys are going to be on our board starting next year.

Edited by Justone2