2021 Draft Thread

John232

I honestly respect Simms for actually being out there. So much of draft media is too scared to be wrong to really present their actual opinion and feel safer in group think and counting on buddies.

Do i agree with him? Surely not but give me more guys like Simms over seeing maybe one or two small changes when watching ten position rankings

• Like 1

Just now, Justone2 said:

I honestly respect Simms for actually being out there. So much of draft media is too scared to be wrong to really present their actual opinion and feel safer in group think and counting on buddies.

Do i agree with him? Surely not but give me more guys like Simms over seeing maybe one or two small changes when watching ten position rankings

I don't get the Aaron Robinson love from so many people. That one legitimately confuses me. I've watched some stuff on him and have just been very underwhelmed. He'd get super bullied on the outside in my opinion. slot only. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Forge said:

Toupe GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

Farley at #1 is fine, most raw potential in the draft.

I know some are high on Campbell, but I haven't seen much of him.

Adebo is someone I was hoping we could grab in the 3rd round if we didn't go CB in the first two rounds.

Can't comment on Robinson and Wilson.

Obviously I'm MUCH higher on Horn than Simms as well as Newsome. 

What were his corner rankings like last year? 

• Like 1

Just now, Forge said:

I don't get the Aaron Robinson love from so many people. That one legitimately confuses me. I've watched some stuff on him and have just been very underwhelmed. He'd get super bullied on the outside in my opinion. slot only. 

I like him but i wouldn't even say he is my favourite UCF-corner in this class. 

• Like 1

Just now, Justone2 said:

I like him but i wouldn't even say he is my favourite UCF-corner in this class. 

Yeah, I definitely prefer Gowan. I get the Campbell love - great athlete, long, physical, hardly ever out of position, but the guy doesn't play the ball well for someone that gets in so many good spots. Marco Wilson I throw a shoe at. He had some good Freshman tape (I think he kept CJ Henderson on the bench before injury) and is a freaky athlete, but needs so much work currently. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Forge said:

I'd rather take a shot on Gowan for sure, but will probably have to really ease him in 

Yeah no doubt but he has the potential to be special. 

Also really like how high Simms has Marco Wilson. Feel he is really underrated and mostly remembered for one incident instead of what he has put on the field.

15 hours ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Adebo is someone I was hoping we could grab in the 3rd round if we didn't go CB in the first two rounds.

Yup, I like Adebo a lot! Definitely agree with this. 

Receivers I really like later - Warren Jackson of Colorado State. I see him as budget Kyle Pitts. He's got pretty decent quicks for such a big guy and has superb lithe body control with a 6'6" frame and Go-Go Gadget arms. He blocks well - he looks like Gumby, but when you can reach the defenders before they can get to you, you can block. It helps that he's got a pretty fierce mentality on tape - both blocking and after the catch. They lined him up at wing sometimes in tight formations and he was useful blocking there, too. He'd need to add at least 10 pounds to play more tight end if we wanted him too, but it isn't entirely necessary. I do think it's in his frame if we wanted him to get there. And unlike Pitts, he is an absolute monster after the catch. He's got a mean long stiff arm move and broke a lot of tackles.

19 minutes ago, JIllg said:

Receivers I really like later - Warren Jackson of Colorado State. I see him as budget Kyle Pitts. He's got pretty decent quicks for such a big guy and has superb lithe body control with a 6'6" frame and Go-Go Gadget arms. He blocks well - he looks like Gumby, but when you can reach the defenders before they can get to you, you can block. It helps that he's got a pretty fierce mentality on tape - both blocking and after the catch. They lined him up at wing sometimes in tight formations and he was useful blocking there, too. He'd need to add at least 10 pounds to play more tight end if we wanted him too, but it isn't entirely necessary. I do think it's in his frame if we wanted him to get there. And unlike Pitts, he is an absolute monster after the catch. He's got a mean long stiff arm move and broke a lot of tackles.

I was looking him up the other day to see if he was entering the draft or not. I know he abused Fresno State in 2019 and had been on my radar ever since. Then I don't think he played last season so I wasn't sure what he was going to do.

Definitely wouldn't mind him in the later rounds. Has some Vincent Jackson in him. 

17 hours ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

This is what I found

1. CJ Henderson
  2. AJ Terrell
  3. Jeffrey Okudah
  4. Kristian Fulton
  5. Trevon Diggs

1 minute ago, Forge said:

This is what I found

1. CJ Henderson
  2. AJ Terrell
  3. Jeffrey Okudah
  4. Kristian Fulton
  5. Trevon Diggs

Nice! I was a Henderson guy myself. 

He's not looking too bad with those rankings but obviously too early to tell.

I actually really respect how he judges what he sees on tape and trusts it even if it is completely the opposite of the rest of the draft world. I bet he got KILLED for having Okudah at #3 last year, but that may not look too bad after next season. 

Really curious to hear why he doesn't have Horn or Newsome in his top 5. 

• Like 1

A couple of guys I'm really starting to warm up to:

• Marlon Williams, WR UCF - Built like Deebo, but more of a natural receiver. Big slot guy with punishing YAC ability. Maybe a 5th rounder?
  • Jaelon Darden, WR North Texas - Electrifying YAC ability out of the slot, I mean, WOW.... Explosive returner as well. Maybe my new favorite slot WR. He's a manufactured touch guy as well, so fits very well into our offense. I'd target him in the 4th maybe? 
  • Trill Williams, CB Syracuse - Big, elite athlete with good coverage ability. Still learning more about him but I like his game and would target him in the 3rd round.
  • Olaijah Griffin, CB USC - Tall and skinny, but seems to be a balanced coverer between man and zone. Outside guy. 4th or 5th round target.

5 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Nice! I was a Henderson guy myself. 

He's not looking too bad with those rankings but obviously too early to tell.

I actually really respect how he judges what he sees on tape and trusts it even if it is completely the opposite of the rest of the draft world. I bet he got KILLED for having Okudah at #3 last year, but that may not look too bad after next season. 

Really curious to hear why he doesn't have Horn or Newsome in his top 5. 

He always has one "gotcha" in his rankings it seems like. I think he does final rankings closer to the draft, or this year he is just getting them out of the way earlier.

The rankings last year are interesting because he's got man erasers, but a guy like diggs was almost always going to be zone heavy specific as a player. 

As for newsome, could be an issue with stiffness? He's a bit linear at times. It's all about technique