2021 Draft Thread

John232

4 minutes ago, Forge said:

He did put up other good numbers, so that's good. Just the long speed on the 40 was sub par. 

He didn't run good, but I didn't expect him to come out and run a low 4.4 or anything coming in, so that's not terribly surprising. He's not a burner that's for sure, but I still think he's going to be a very successful RB in the NFL. 

So what is everyone's hopes for round 2, now that we know we're going QB in Rd1?

I'd like to target an EDGE, CB, or offensive weapon, but I'm also interested in trading down a bit in the 2nd to also get back a 3rd or an extra 4th.

Maybe a deal like we give up our 2nd and a 5th to a team in the 50's for their 2nd, 3rd, and 7th.

2 minutes ago, NinerNation21 said:

So what is everyone's hopes for round 2, now that we know we're going QB in Rd1?

I'd like to target an EDGE, CB, or offensive weapon, but I'm also interested in trading down a bit in the 2nd to also get back a 3rd or an extra 4th.

Maybe a deal like we give up our 2nd and a 5th to a team in the 50's for their 2nd, 3rd, and 7th.

If we don't sign a veteran CB i 100% hope we go CB in round 2.

12 minutes ago, Justone2 said:

If we don't sign a veteran CB i 100% hope we go CB in round 2.

Yeah, I'm leaning toward a corner right now. But, I'm really interested in Pat Friermuth and Joseph Ossai, so if either are there at our pick, I'd have a hard time not selecting one of those 2.

38 minutes ago, NinerNation21 said:

Yeah, I'm leaning toward a corner right now. But, I'm really interested in Pat Friermuth and Joseph Ossai, so if either are there at our pick, I'd have a hard time not selecting one of those 2.

I am there for Friermuth...not so much Ossai. 

Probably my fave Edge outside of Ojulari is Hamilcar! Love the name and I believe he is rather under-rated right now. His '19 season was impressive. He dropped back a lot more often in '20 and his production dropped. 

5 minutes ago, Chrissooner49er said:

I am there for Friermuth...not so much Ossai. 

Probably my fave Edge outside of Ojulari is Hamilcar! Love the name and I believe he is rather under-rated right now. His '19 season was impressive. He dropped back a lot more often in '20 and his production dropped. 

I’m very high on Hamilcar as well, but I think he could be had in the back-half of the 2nd or early 3rd. I would be very happy if we drafted him.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Forge said:

Dalman with some nice number. Day 3 center type prospect we could look into from Stanford. 

Also, Frank Darby ran an atrocious 40 time, but I still kind of like him. 

That's unfortunate with Darby. I wanted to dig into some ASU prospects since Lynch and Herm seem to have a good relationship and might grab someone from ASU again.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Forge said:

Najee only doing position drills today, not testing. 

Fields 4.44 40. Super fast, obviously, especially at his size. Wonder if he's disappointed. He wanted to be in the 4.3's. 

Wasn't the cleanest of runs so maybe he can get in that range with a better run. But really does it matter? Dude is super fast for a QB lol.

6 minutes ago, Forge said:

And apparently we are spending a lot of time with Bill at the bama pro day LOL 

Shanny is ALWAYS by Bill. Even at the combine or wherever. Bill really does look at Shanny as bit of his protégé and wants him to succeed. He also knows Shanny will eventually give in and give him back Jimmy LMAO.