2021 Draft Thread

John232

4 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Dude thinks making plays out of the pocket is a bad thing since it subjects them to more risks and Shanahan doesn't call plays for QBs to run outside of the pocket...Like, which QBs minus RG3 that Shanahan has coached could even do that? You are going to call for QB runs with Jimmy? And which one of those guys are going to be able to get outside of the pocket and make plays? Such a dumb thing to say. 

You are forgetting the great Johnny Football. But yeah don't expect any outside those two to actually make any plays and i think as a pocket passer Fields is already ahead of them. Fields can run but its not his first mode like it was with RG3.

3 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Dude thinks making plays out of the pocket is a bad thing since it subjects them to more risks and Shanahan doesn't call plays for QBs to run outside of the pocket...Like, which QBs minus RG3 that Shanahan has coached could even do that? You are going to call for QB runs with Jimmy? And which one of those guys are going to be able to get outside of the pocket and make plays? Such a dumb thing to say. 

Shanny was calling designed QB runs at the end of the season with Beathard.... Maybe it was because CJ was "tough" or maybe he was testing stuff out for something in the future........

Either way I thought it was odd at the time. He does have it in the playbook, but needs the right QB for it. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, XScutterX said:

Shanny was calling designed QB runs at the end of the season with Beathard.... Maybe it was because CJ was "tough" or maybe he was testing stuff out for something in the future........

Either way I thought it was odd at the time. He does have it in the playbook, but needs the right QB for it. 

Also because Shanny never forgot about this:

Sneaky athlete!!!!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, gridirongorilla said:

Would Fields be considered the top QB in the class in a typical draft? Or is he a top 10 pick talent not, necessarily a #1 overall talent? 

I could see him going #1 in another years draft. He'd probably could have gone #1 next year if a QB needy team had the top pick. 

1 hour ago, 49erurtaza said:

I think we purposely moved up before Fields prodays. Kyle even said yesterday he expected Fields to run fast and throw very well at the proday. 

I was another forum & people were saying that Shanny had to hide a smile when discussing Fields? I watched some of the presser yesterday but didn't really catch that. 

Regardless, with one month to go & no concrete info from anyone, these are the kind of things we're analyzing LOL

This big man can move! 

I wasn't paying much attention to him because I thought we was going to be one of those EDGE guys that has to kick inside because they're not athletic enough to rush from the EDGE, but I might have to look into Basham a little more now.