Week 5 GDT: Eagles at Steelers - FIRST PLACE SZN

AZ_Eaglesfan

28 minutes ago, Danger said:

Pretty sure I was either first or second on this forum here to be on the "we should trade Zach bandwagon". Before the trade deadline last year.

excuse me ive been on the goedert > ertz train since goederts rookie year thank you very much. ertz should have been traded after 2018

Edited by Daimonas

What are your overall opinions of this game? I was unable to watch it because i'm in West Virginia right now on a climbing trip. I watched the highlights so I saw a bit. I saw JJAW made a great play only to have no time left. The Eagles are showing they still have fight in them when they go down. They were able to bounce back to being within 2 points by the 4th quarter. They held tough against a really good team and our OL looked phenomenal for who was out there playing.

12 minutes ago, oland11 said:

What are your overall opinions of this game? I was unable to watch it because i'm in West Virginia right now on a climbing trip. I watched the highlights so I saw a bit. I saw JJAW made a great play only to have no time left. The Eagles are showing they still have fight in them when they go down. They were able to bounce back to being within 2 points by the 4th quarter. They held tough against a really good team and our OL looked phenomenal for who was out there playing.

This was the best the offense looked all year by a mile. The defense was hot and cold... which I guess is to say they sucked. Let up way too many splash plays. Lot of bad calls and a TO that gifted them a TD, but still, we weren't getting pressure and they just torched our secondary w/ a lot of shallow routes and gadget plays. Wentz looked like his 2019 self. We MIGHT have a weapon worth something in Travis Fulgham, and like you said the OL did a great job. 

Sanders lack of touches is annoying. Doug just doesn't run the football these days, not having the 2 TE sets out there I guess means we can't run? I don't know. Force feed Miles in passing game then, he is clearly our most dynamic player on offense. 

Based off this game, and fact that we will be getting healthier and have 5 divisional games left, we are realistically looking like we could be a 6-8 win team. I still 100% want to see us keep losing and pick high, we need to retool, although it will be hard to have Carson and young guys look good AND lose like today against teams like WFT or Giants. That would be a perfect world though, 4-11-1, Carson extinguishing any doubts after his awful start, and the continued emergence of Fulgham, Sweat, Mailata.

I would predict 6-9-1 NFCE crown as of today, unfortunately. 

2 minutes ago, ninjapirate said:

Which is the worst possible outcome to the season

Yup, not only sends us to picking at 20+, but this team would become part of trivia forever. "Worst team to ever make the playoffs."

Meanwhile a top 10 pick would do wonders.

Our only hope is that Dak was just product of elite supporting cast and Dalton can step in and produce instantly. I don't think that happens. The weapons are great, but there is a certain level of QB you need to be to make use of them, and I don't think Dalton is there + their OL is not great anymore. Mobile QB like Dak can handle  the pressure much better than Dalton. Their D will stay awful and the offense will go down a peg.

Edited by RandyMossIsBoss