2021 NFL Draft Thread

1 hour ago, MKnight82 said:

I wouldn't move up for a LT.  I can't even think of a comparison when someone did that?  

Tennessee traded up for Jack Conklin. Probably the closest comp in recent memory, because they went from 15 to 8. Philly moved up a little for Andre Dillard a couple years ago and TB moved up a small amount for Tristan Wirfs last year. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, MKnight82 said:

If you move up 5 spots you should just take a QB.  

Agreed. But the question was how much would I be willing to move up for the LT. So I'm operating under that scenario. If it's an elite LT that locks it down for 10 years? I'd go up about 5 spots from where we are now.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, e16bball said:

We’ve been talking so much about QBs and WRs, but I keep seeing mocks recently where people have Penei Sewell dropping down the board (beyond Rashawn Slater) and into the 8-10 range. Which I find absurd. I like Rashawn Slater — I might have been the first here to sing his praises, back when it was being claimed that Chase Young didn’t face any good tackles — but I find that absurd. They’re probably pretty close in terms of pass protection, but Sewell makes much more impact in the run game and he’s much more of an NFL athlete. 

Anyway, probably a crazy idea, but...would anyone make a move up the board for a premier LT prospect who is dropping for god knows what reason? How high would you be willing to go?

I like Slater too, but I think he is a RT and we need a LT.

In terms of moving up, I would but not in this years draft.  Sewell is a great prospect, but there are a heck of a lot of good tackle prospects.  Some might even turn out to be better than Sewell.  There is no need to move up.

But if we want to talk Chase Young vs Tackles, then maybe we should trade Tampa for Donovon Smith.  I think they either trade him this off season or start contemplating making him the highest paid tackle.

We should not be trading up in the 1st Rd of this draft, unless his name is Trever Lawrence.

2nd Rd, 3rd Rd, 4th Rd...be my guest...have at it. Trade for whatever you want.

But the cost to move up from 19 to whatever, is gonna be expensive.

You might as well trade for a QB who can play in this League, than to move up for Fields & he becomes Heath Shuler AND we're without high picks for consecutive years to boot.

We would be better NOT trading up at all....

Take the best available player at 19 & draft a QB somewhere in the draft who has potential.

Keep Taylor Heinicke & see if he wins the starting job.

And have him compete with a veteran that we sign for pennies on the dollar in comparison.

And actually have draft picks next year, because we were frugal.

But who knows....maybe Trey Lance is there at #19…?

He's an interesting prospect.

31 minutes ago, noptov52 said:

It seems like Parsons is trending down in many mock drafts (for however little that means) and I would be all about trading up to catch him if he falls.  A playmaker at LB would put WFT's defense into elite territory

From what I read Parsons has some off field issues are the reason he’s fallen down teams draft boards. I guess you have to weigh if he’s worth that risk. 

12 minutes ago, ARTMONK HOF said:

From what I read Parsons has some off field issues are the reason he’s fallen down teams draft boards. I guess you have to weigh if he’s worth that risk. 

Parsons is a bonafide stud. Curious what off field issues there might be?

40 minutes ago, Troublez said:

Parsons is a bonafide stud. Curious what off field issues there might be?

So was Reubon Foster.  How did that work out for the 49ers?  

The information on his issues is fuzzy, but it sure sounds like it is more than one incident.  Do you think Rivera wants a player like that?

18 hours ago, ARTMONK HOF said:

Interesting. I haven’t been paying attention to that. Haven’t heard. He never had any issues while playing but of course as we all know that can be swept under the rug as it was with Guice, but teams can find out in other ways when doing their full evaluation of a player they’re going to draft.

18 hours ago, offbyone said:

So was Reubon Foster.  How did that work out for the 49ers?  

The information on his issues is fuzzy, but it sure sounds like it is more than one incident.  Do you think Rivera wants a player like that?

Reuben Foster certainly had some issues off the field with his ex. We don’t know what these issues are with Parsons 

Edited by turtle28

34 minutes ago, TheGreeK1973 said:

I guess we have not learned a thing from the RG3 trade.  Seriously people, We got Allen by staying put, and God forbid we traded up to get Haskins like some in here wanted to.  Stay put draft Best player available.  Period.

Just because one trade up didn’t work doesn’t mean that others won’t. It depends on what the trade would be. The Chiefs traded up for Mahomes, the Bills traded up for Josh Allen and the Texans traded up for Watson. 

Those seem like good trade ups to me.

We all know a main reason the RG3 trade didn’t work out because he got hurt. If he hadn’t gotten hurt, this may have been different.

Edited by turtle28