Week #5 - General Football Talk

Blackstar12

4 minutes ago, BlaqOptic said:

There are A LOT of teams I think of when of benefitting from officiating regularly... The Chiefs aren't one of them...

Saw this the last 2 weeks,   Honestly never thought I’d see the day teams thought this about KC.

1 minute ago, BlaqOptic said:

There are A LOT of teams I think of when of benefitting from officiating regularly... The Chiefs aren't one of them...

Engh, they're ahead of the curve.  Nowhere near Saints (yes, the Saints get the benefit from the refs a ton; they just have hilariously polar outliers where when the refs blow a call against them they REALLY blow the call against them) level - or a number of other teams whose defenses get away with certain things (specifically DB's armbar-ing receivers, DL taking late hits and shots to QB's heads with their hands/arms) all the time.

Just now, samsel23 said:

Saw this the last 2 weeks,   Honestly never thought I’d see the day teams thought this about KC.

People say this about every team that wins a lot because the penalties usually are viewed as contributing to a drive or a score that mattered, while people let it go when teams lose 

Losing is a good thing in this scenario. Helps us snap out of any potential Superbowl hangover, gets us a week in practice after a loss, let the coaches go hard *** a little bit. I wouldn't ever wanna go 16-0 with Reid at the helm he's too much of a players coach we wouldn't have the level of focus we need to win the chip as easily

23 minutes ago, BlaqOptic said:

I mean, in the grand scheme it was the worst possible play (though I think the Eagles WR catches it otherwise). But turnovers are SPECIAL for this team because we used to not be able to get them...

Then just knock the ball down and do the stupid celebration (I still HATE the turnover celebrations): It would still be a turnover, but technically a better one

5 minutes ago, lancerman said:

Both. Chiefs defense isn’t as good as its hyped and that offense isn’t as scary once you scheme out Kelce. 

The Raiders when they are disciplined are a strong team 

This would be a good point if that was something anyone had done? Kelce had over 100 yards today. His worst game was what, 6 for 50 and a TD?

The only way to slow our O down, is to get consistent pressure with a 3 or 4 man rush. It's what San Fran did and what LAC did. Most teams can't do that though, so it's not some secret schematic weapon.

Just now, Jakuvious said:

This would be a good point if that was something anyone had done? Kelce had over 100 yards today. His worst game was what, 6 for 50 and a TD?

The only way to slow our O down, is to get consistent pressure with a 3 or 4 man rush. It's what San Fran did and what LAC did. Most teams can't do that though, so it's not some secret schematic weapon.

Patriots last week. Raiders in the second half. Once Kelce was pretty much taken out of the game they didn’t do anything accept on the last drive