Week 6 General Discussion

AFlaccoSeagulls

Just now, Troy Brown said:

for the record, I don't think any of the major sports have "good" officiating, but again, just think the NFL's officials are the biggest wildcard in most games 

Yeah, I get it. It's just hard because you can't just adjust your game in football if a ref is calling a certain something. As a pitcher you can get a feel of what the ump likes and maneuver your gameplan to it.

Haven't really talked about the NBA, there's is the worst to me, and not because of bad calls because of favorite calls. What's a foul for LeBron is not a foul for 100 other guys.

1 minute ago, Troy Brown said:

tru. but that said, silver has earned enough good will (from me at least) to have faith in his ability to keep an eye on that type of stuff 

Well there is circumstantial evidence that he partnered up with Scott Foster, who is still allowed to be a ref. No hard evidence, but enough to be suspicious.

1 minute ago, Mesa_Titan said:

Yeah, I get it. It's just hard because you can't just adjust your game in football if a ref is calling a certain something. As a pitcher you can get a feel of what the ump likes and maneuver your gameplan to it.

Haven't really talked about the NBA, there's is the worst to me, and not because of bad calls because of favorite calls. What's a foul for LeBron is not a foul for 100 other guys.

Superstar calls are getting better in the nba, imo, but you have the same issue for some QBs in the NFL..

but yeah, Giannis gets away with more than anyone in any sport lol and the officials are like "idk hes just strong i guess" 

1 minute ago, Troy Brown said:

Superstar calls are getting better in the nba, imo, but you have the same issue for some QBs in the NFL..

but yeah, Giannis gets away with more than anyone in any sport lol and the officials are like "idk hes just strong i guess" 

My interest in basketball pretty much went down the toilet because of flops and superstar calls.

10 minutes ago, Mesa_Titan said:

I mean 100 other guys aren't 6'9", 260lbs and anywhere near as freakishly athletic. It's hard to do with guys who are physical anomalies.