Week 6 General Discussion

AFlaccoSeagulls

2 minutes ago, MD4L said:

You can and will always slip up. We were saying KC could go undefeated and the Raiders (of all teams!) took care of that.

Who in the world was saying the Chiefs would go undefeated lol. They looked sloppy as heck against the Pats and have a very difficult schedule. 

9 minutes ago, Jakuvious said:

They didn't. And that was unlikely to happen at all. We may as well be talking about all the scenarios involving missed extra points then. Hey, if they kicked an extra point and Tennessee blocked it and returned it for 2 that would've lost the game also. Like, saying not to go for 2 because you might fail and then they might go for 2 and win, is getting into unlikely enough scenarios to not factor them in.

Discussing this kind of thing, it all boils down to odds and percentages, when confronting all the unlikelyhood and likelyhood of different scenarios, and I feel there's a clear advantage in kicking that XP. And the chance of not converting a 2 pointer is a high enough percentage to consider it.

1 minute ago, MD4L said:

Considering who he’s throwing to and who’s he’s going against would make you reconsider how he played. 

Also, peak Wentz has shown way more than enough to seriously consider benching him for Hurts to expect a better offensive performance.

Wentz is a bottom 5 QB across the board this year statistically. 

Eagles fans (not my opinion) want him benched. His accuracy has been horrendous. Thats not entirely on the WRs. 

Peak Wentz was 9 games in '17. Thats 4 seasons ago and before his injuries. How long are we going to let 9 games dictate that Wentz is an elite QB?

Just now, ET80 said:

It's slated to be bad, but there's a lot of things that can be done to free up space - David Johnson and Bernardrick McKinney will probably be cut, Watt and Brandin Cooks could probably be restructured - that would free up about $25-30mm. Will Fuller will need a new contract, but given his injury history - you could probably get him for less than his skill would dictate.

lmao, Hopkins sent out for what is ultimately a salary dump. Jesus christ. BOB did more damage than McDaniels ever did

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Jakuvious said:

They didn't. And that was unlikely to happen at all. We may as well be talking about all the scenarios involving missed extra points then. Hey, if they kicked an extra point and Tennessee blocked it and returned it for 2 that would've lost the game also. Like, saying not to go for 2 because you might fail and then they might go for 2 and win, is getting into unlikely enough scenarios to not factor them in.

i don't understand why the announcers were so bent out of shape about that call. made perfect sense to me. you make it a 2 score ball game with under 2 minutes to go and the titans have one timeout left- it's game over. and really they had an open receiver in the end zone and we were super fortunate that jeff simmons made a great play to tip the ball. 

the titans actually tried a similar thing in the wild card game against the patriots. it was a bit of a different situation because i think there were only like 20 seconds left, but we went up 20-13 and went for 2 to try to make it 22-13. we didn't get it and it didn't end up mattering, but it's a totally defensible call.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, D82 said:

@ET80 what's Houston's cap situation looking like? I know you guys are short on draft picks, seems like most of your resources should be devoted to the defense. 

Bad if it really does drop to 175-180. They may have done easy to remove contracts though

Big reception to move the chains; taken away for a WR pick.

Flacco is turned when the ball is snapped; barely recovers.

On punt, Jets gunner is at the goal line we’ll before ball comes down. Predictably, ball goes right passed him. And then there’s a Jets face mask call. So it is a punt for a net of 5 yards.

These were the last three plays for the Jets.

...next two plays: a 10 yard Miami run, and another Jets face mask.

Edited by Duluther

Just now, BayRaider said:

Who in the world was saying the Chiefs would go undefeated lol. They looked sloppy as heck against the Pats and have a very difficult schedule. 

There were a number predicting it, if we made it to 6-0. After Buffalo, our remaining slate is divisional games (which we had been on a crazy run of), the NFC South, Miami, and the Jets. Our schedule was pretty frontloaded on paper, with Houston, New England, Baltimore, and Buffalo all coming in the first 6.

3 minutes ago, ET80 said:

It's slated to be bad, but there's a lot of things that can be done to free up space - David Johnson and Bernardrick McKinney will probably be cut, Watt and Brandin Cooks could probably be restructured - that would free up about $25-30mm.

Will Fuller will need a new contract, but given his injury history - you could probably get him for less than his skill would dictate. He's the only real re-sign this team is needing, and even that isn't a dire need...

McKinney a good player? Lee likely won't be here next season and I'm not sure how I feel about LVE or Smith. Even if both get back to 2018 status, we could still use depth at the position. 

2 minutes ago, Jakuvious said:

There were a number predicting it, if we made it to 6-0. After Buffalo, our remaining slate is divisional games (which we had been on a crazy run of), the NFC South, Miami, and the Jets. Our schedule was pretty frontloaded on paper, with Houston, New England, Baltimore, and Buffalo all coming in the first 6.

Buffalo and the NFCS, the likelihood of 5-0 in that is slim to none. I don’t even think they beat Buffalo this week, I have Buffalo winning in a super coin flip game. 

Just now, Troy Brown said:

I genuinely believe the NFL has the worst officiating in pro sports

3rd worst

The NBA calls favorites and randomly the same exact thing is or is not a foul.

One of their refs went to jail for point shaving.

MLB umpires get to call their own strike zones. A ball in the middle of the plate is sometimes called a ball

They are supposed to go to 3rd base or 1st base for check swing rulings but sometimes they go I AM THE CAPTAIN NOW!

They call it themselves even though there is no way they can see it.

• Like 1