Week 6 General Discussion

AFlaccoSeagulls

7 minutes ago, Jakuvious said:

If you believe the other team will score in 2 minutes, going for 2 means you win the game right there if you get it.

It really just comes down to whether you feel better about your odds of getting a 2 point conversion, or your odds of stopping a 2 point conversion. If you feel better about the former, try to end the game there. And they should feel better about the former given how the game has gone.

I can understand that logic, it's a good point, but the real comparison here is making a XP VS the other team getting that 2 point conversion.

1 minute ago, MD4L said:

Opinion: Do we really wanna see CFB OT rules? I get we like offense but the defense couldn’t make a stop. It’s unfortunate but is what it is.

I don't think you have to go college. Just extend the rule for the first possession being a field goal, to touchdowns. One possession each no matter what. Pretty simple.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, kingseanjohn said:

NFL really needs to change OT rules so both teams get the ball

Sometimes I feel this way, but I dunno...I don't like the CFB rules, and like...STOP THEM FROM SCORING A DAMN TOUCHDOWN. I get that a FG shouldn't win it, but I mean if you can't stop the TD? Oof.

• Like 1

Just now, kramxel said:

I can understand that logic, it's a good point, but the real comparison here is making a XP VS the other team getting that 2 point conversion.

Not really. The XP is irrelevant, ultimately. You make the XP and they get 2, you go to OT. You miss the XP, you go to OT. You miss the 2 point, you go to OT. The only results that change the game are if Houston gets a 2 point, or if Tennessee fails a 2 point. Everything else ends in OT if Tennessee scores, and a win if they don't score.

Just now, Tony7188 said:

How many years do you guys think Henry will last running like this before he’s out of his prime?

My guess is 2.

That’s what a 7 year career as a punishing RB? In the modern NFL that’s elite production.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Jakuvious said:

I don't think you have to go college. Just extend the rule for the first possession being a field goal, to touchdowns. One possession each no matter what. Pretty simple.

If both teams score a touchdown on their first possession, do they call it a tie? 

1 minute ago, DannyB said:

Sometimes I feel this way, but I dunno...I don't like the CFB rules, and like...STOP THEM FROM SCORING A DAMN TOUCHDOWN. I get that a FG shouldn't win it, but I mean if you can't stop the TD? Oof.

Yeah I loved them changing FGs to TDs. Giving the other offense back and forth stuff just make it fantasy football ish and that would ultimately be less than ideal.

2 minutes ago, DannyB said:

I would agree if the NFL hadn't made the game so offense friendly. Some of these PI, illegal contact, & roughing the passer penalties are ticky tack.There's a reason points are up so much this season

Edited by 49ersfan