Week 6 General Discussion

AFlaccoSeagulls

Just now, Tony7188 said:

How many years do you guys think Henry will last running like this before he’s out of his prime?

My guess is 2.

If the touch count continues, this will be the last one. He's on pace for about 420 touches, right now. About 400 carries. That's in that territory of the seasons that started the decline for Larry Johnson, Eddie George, etc.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Tony7188 said:

If both teams score a touchdown on their first possession, do they call it a tie? 

Nah, proceeds as normal. Same as current rules if both teams get a FG on their first possession. At that point, there's enough options no one should be able to complain.

3 minutes ago, Tony7188 said:

How many years do you guys think Henry will last running like this before he’s out of his prime?

My guess is 2.

i'm surprised he has lasted as long as he has. i'm gonna say he's got one more great year in him if he doesn't get hurt this year 

3 minutes ago, DannyB said:

Sometimes I feel this way, but I dunno...I don't like the CFB rules, and like...STOP THEM FROM SCORING A DAMN TOUCHDOWN. I get that a FG shouldn't win it, but I mean if you can't stop the TD? Oof.

The problem I've always had with it, is if both teams have a terrible defense and a great offense, you're only punishing the team that loses the toss for that. Tennessee was having just as much trouble stopping Houston from scoring, but that doesn't matter because they never had to in OT. So we're saying Houston should learn to play defense. But had the coin toss gone the other way, we may instead be sitting here saying that Tennessee should learn to play defense. That's the inequity, IMO. One team is told to get a stop. The other just had to win the toss.

3 minutes ago, Jakuvious said:

Not really. The XP is irrelevant, ultimately. You make the XP and they get 2, you go to OT. You miss the XP, you go to OT. You miss the 2 point, you go to OT. The only results that change the game are if Houston gets a 2 point, or if Tennessee fails a 2 point. Everything else ends in OT if Tennessee scores, and a win if they don't score.

You're forgetting the scenario where the Titans go for 2 and try to win the game, which is completely out of the picture if you score the XP.

So in reality, you risk winning it, but you're also risking loosing it, where as if you score the XP, the worst case scenario is the extra time.

8 minutes ago, BroncoSojia said:

This sucks

It was a no-contact injury. Knew it was soon as it happened. Spillane cannot replace him but he did play well in his absence today. But basically, give the Titans the W next week because we have no ILB to tackle Henry now.