Thursday Night Football: Patriots @ Buccaneers

TheVillain112

Poll  

32 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

• Patriots
    • Bucs
    • The always popular hipster 3rd option...

1 minute ago, domepatrol91 said:

Fair enough. Looked pretty wide right but I just saw the one angle.

It was to the right but that's where the gaping hole in the coverage was. And it was a catchable ball if OJ turns his head. His momentum would've carried him into the endzone.

2 minutes ago, tonyto36 said:

The defense looked fine.

Situationally, the Patriots did what they needed at the end with a two score game and a team with some legitimate deep threats.  Giving up yards does not mean anything.

The offensive line on the other hand, yes, pass protection was abysmal.  

It does when other teams' QBs won't miss wide open receivers and kickers won't shank field goals.

5 minutes ago, bucsfan333 said:

That's six. He was wide open and had a huge hole to run his 6'6" 250lb frame through some DBs.

honestly it really wasnt. even if howard is looking, the ball was thrown behind him, would have been incredibly difficult to score.

4 minutes ago, bucsfan333 said:

It was to the right but that's where the gaping hole in the coverage was. And it was a catchable ball if OJ turns his head. His momentum would've carried him into the endzone.

If he turns his head the ball still gets swatted down before it reaches him.

5 minutes ago, Pats#1 said:

Wins a win but wow....this didn't make me feel especially good.

Gonna go ahead and chalk it up to TNF always being sloppy. 

Yea, yea...thats it. 

Really though, these Thursday night games are pretty awful, the only thing you CAN take away from them is a W. And be happy with it. And then very happy with the mini-bye that follows.

Makes me wonder what the cumulative record of winners of a Thursday game are the following week...hmmm

Just now, incognito_man said:

Really though, these Thursday night games are pretty awful, the only thing you CAN take away from them is a W. And be happy with it. And then very happy with the mini-bye that follows.

Makes me wonder what the cumulative record of winners of a Thursday game are the following week...hmmm

Packers were injured to hell and got the bungles(which we barely won), then a short week for the Bears(which we won cause Glennon lol).

I'm very happy we got that semi-bye to heal up.  It can only help us.  

Archived