Chargers sign K Nick Novak; wavie rookie Younghoe Koo

TheKillerNacho

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000857079/article/chargers-sign-kicker-nick-novak-waive-younghoe-koo

The timing is a little weird... If you weren't going to stand by your rookie Kicker after his struggles, I get that. But why wait two weeks after the game he went 1/3? He hasn't missed a kick to my knowledge since the Dolphins game.

Novak is a good kicker though and an immediate improvement. Just curious about the timing... I thought for sure if they were going to move on from him it would've been after Week 2. Was he starting to miss easy kicks in practice?

34 minutes ago, kramxel said:

Still wondering why we let Novak go in the first place... 2 and a half years down the line, Lambo and Koo have been aweful.

Yeah, Novak has a problem on kickoffs, but apart from that he's a reliable kicker.

I think it was just overall leg strength but I always felt pretty good 48 yards and in with him as the kicker I can't say the same for Koo (who also didn't appear to have the strongest of legs) and Lambo who did have a decent leg. 

Archived