2021 College Football/NFL Draft Thread

ttitansfan4life

6 minutes ago, SerenityNow said:

I don't even wanna get my hopes up about the possibility of Smith being there at 22, but it'd obviously be a homerun pick.

I have a feeling that Smith might make it down because of his weight and other teams filling holes (gigidy) in FA.  
Maybe Waddle in the same scenario if someone is freaked out about his foot injury. 

Either way, I think there will be a very good/great WR prospect there at 22. 

12 minutes ago, KingTitan said:

I have a feeling that Smith might make it down because of his weight and other teams filling holes (gigidy) in FA.  
Maybe Waddle in the same scenario if someone is freaked out about his foot injury. 

Either way, I think there will be a very good/great WR prospect there at 22. 

I said I didn't wanna get my hopes up, KT! Now I'm sitting here imagining how great our offense could be with AJ and DeVonta Smith together lol.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, KingTitan said:

I tried to talk myself out of it. But I love Rondale Moore.  Dude is a smaller version of AJ Brown but faster.  I want to see him run some routes. But catching and RAC, this dude is a beast. 

Just so tough at 5’7. Though sub-4.3 speed and a 42.5 inch vert still makes it tempting.

8 minutes ago, titans0021 said:

Just so tough at 5’7. Though sub-4.3 speed and a 42.5 inch vert still makes it tempting.

Suuuuper tough. 

But watching him play is beautiful. They way he just makes plays. I don't think anyone dare touch him in the 1st round.

Just dang, if someone can take Toney in the first his about 5'10. I think you can take Moore. We only talking about 3 inches or so (giggidy). If he can jump like that, then his catch radius is bigger than most. 

2 minutes ago, KingTitan said:

I just think in today's NFL where a 5'10 QB was taken 1st overall.  A guy that is 5'7 has a place. Especially if he squats 600lbs as a 5'7, 170lb freshman.

We've seen plenty of 6'4 WRs suck. 
He has become on my favorite guys. 

Just such a risk, small with an injury history and only seven games in the last two years. Ceiling is high as an explosive playmaker. But...5’7. Just not sure I could take him in the first. I do think it’s possible we end up using one of the thirds to move up in the second, could be sold on defense in the first and a move up for Moore if he slips a bit.

6 minutes ago, titans0021 said:

Just such a risk, small with an injury history and only seven games in the last two years. Ceiling is high as an explosive playmaker. But...5’7. Just not sure I could take him in the first. I do think it’s possible we end up using one of the thirds to move up in the second, could be sold on defense in the first and a move up for Moore if he slips a bit.

I'm not selling the farm to get Moore, but I'd love him on the team. 
The WRs are tricky. There are so many good ones, but they all have a different skill set. 
You have Smith who is a fast guy with master route running abilities but only 100lbs soaking wet. Frail Thin.
Waddle and Chase are more the complete packages but are out of reach. 

Toney is small, not a lot experience as a WR.
Moore as we disccussed.
Bateman a complete WR but not a burner. 

And so on...

But I would take any of those WRs on the team. Just not sure if you can target anyone outside of Chase and Waddle. 
Just choose the best of who is on the board, I guess. 

38 minutes ago, KingTitan said:

I just think in today's NFL where a 5'10 QB was taken 1st overall.  A guy that is 5'7 has a place. Especially if he squats 600lbs as a 5'7, 170lb freshman.

We've seen plenty of 6'4 WRs suck. 
He has become on my favorite guys. 

Cole Beasley is around 5'7", 170ish lbs and been voted All-Pro this year. Has been in the league for around 10 years (I think), and I think you can pretty much count on one hand the games he missed due to injuries. Size concerns, especially for Smith, are overblown IMO, big time.

That being said, I don't see it with Rondale Moore. I tried so much to get on the hype train, but he's just not that impressive to me. I get that Toney doesn't have a lot of experience at WR, but he just looks so, so, so much more dangerous even in the limited time he has been used as a WR that I wouldn't put a lot of emphasis on that.

9 minutes ago, Andrei01 said:

That being said, I don't see it with Rondale Moore. I tried so much to get on the hype train, but he's just not that impressive to me. I get that Toney doesn't have a lot of experience at WR, but he just looks so, so, so much more dangerous even in the limited time he has been used as a WR that I wouldn't put a lot of emphasis on that.

I was with you on that until about 5 days ago. 
Then I really looked back at his skill set. 
The change of direction. The acceleration. They ability to hand catch. Hand eye coordination. Stop and go. RAC ability. Hard to tackle (like AJ). 

Then add on the fact that he obviously is a gym rat to get his body right. Then today he jumps out the building runs a 4.3. Again I'm not big on numbers but I see all those traitson video. He needs to prove he can run routes. But I think if someone likes Toney they should have love for Moore too. Toney looks to better route runner, but as far as what they did in college. I see the same skills. Moore is just bigger. 

The more I think about it the more I think WR comes in the second. I like Bateman and I’m high on Marshall, but the most respected draft guys have them both as 2nd round picks. Matt Miller, Kiper, and Jeremiah. They usually have the prospects ranked around where they get drafted. Some have them in the first but my logic is, if some people grade you in the 1st and others the 2nd, at 22, I don’t want you. 22 is still early enough to get a guy with a legit 1st round grade. Shouldn’t reach for a WR. I’m thinking Horn, Phillips, or Toney in the first. They’ve consistently gotten 1st round ONLY grades. Whomever is there is who’s I’d take. We’ve had luck lately with guys falling to us in the 2nd. 

also wouldn’t touch Rondale Moore until the 4th at the earliest. Very small and injury concerns (not a coincidence). Elijah Moore is a much better player than him despite the athletics.