Jump to content

2021 College Football/NFL Draft Thread


Recommended Posts

On 1/4/2021 at 8:38 AM, Daniel said:

Yeah. The dropoff at the interior and at edge is insane.

We probably can’t address both in the draft. Finding guys that contribute much at those positions, as rookies, is difficult.

They need a vet in at least one of those spots. Probably a priority free agent spot this season.

The problem with Crawford is he’s playing out of position I think at best he’s a 3tech Karl klug rotational type player however the titans play him at 5tech an ask him to eat up blocks & he gets tossed in the trenches due to lack of size 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, TitanRedd said:

The problem with Crawford is he’s playing out of position I think at best he’s a 3tech Karl klug rotational type player however the titans play him at 5tech an ask him to eat up blocks & he gets tossed in the trenches due to lack of size 

Yeah, the biggest problem with him is that he’s like our number 3. And he shouldn’t be more than our fourth, so we can use him as a rotational guy.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/4/2021 at 9:38 AM, Daniel said:

Yeah. The dropoff at the interior and at edge is insane.

We probably can’t address both in the draft. Finding guys that contribute much at those positions, as rookies, is difficult.

They need a vet in at least one of those spots. Probably a priority free agent spot this season.

this is an interesting edge class. it's not extremely top-heavy in terms of elite prospects but there are a ton of players around that late first round to second round range, which is good for us. i'm less familiar with the interior DL class, but we may be able to snag one of each with our first two picks. 

having said that, yeah, we'll absolutely need a vet FA or two to bolster the group

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, -Hope- said:

this is an interesting edge class. it's not extremely top-heavy in terms of elite prospects but there are a ton of players around that late first round to second round range, which is good for us. i'm less familiar with the interior DL class, but we may be able to snag one of each with our first two picks. 

having said that, yeah, we'll absolutely need a vet FA or two to bolster the group

I like Ryan Kerrigan & I want Us to resign DaQuan but only as a DE he’s better at DE my opinion than NT in our defense. He knows how to set the edge & keep LB clean to make plays. I also think we may bring clowney back on a 1yr deal considering he has no market & we need depth working under a tight cap. Clowney & DaQuan on the same side I think is solid 

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, TitanRedd said:

I like Ryan Kerrigan & I want Us to resign DaQuan but only as a DE he’s better at DE my opinion than NT in our defense. He knows how to set the edge & keep LB clean to make plays. I also think we may bring clowney back on a 1yr deal considering he has no market & we need depth working under a tight cap. Clowney & DaQuan on the same side I think is solid 

I wouldn’t be opposed to this if he took a deal that he’s actually worth. And given zero sacks and about a third of a season played, I think he’d turn that kind of deal down.

But maybe.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Daniel said:

I wouldn’t be opposed to this if he took a deal that he’s actually worth. And given zero sacks and about a third of a season played, I think he’d turn that kind of deal down.

But maybe.

Exactly the ball is in our court if he wants to get paid he has to rehab his value

Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, ttitansfan4life said:

Top Needs IMO

1.) Edge(duh)

2.) IDL

3.) WR

4.) ILB

5.) S

6.) Depth in the trenches

 

 

we need the best Edge, NT or 5 tech available at our pick in the 1st round & whichever 2  positions left the best available in the 2nd round 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Call me crazy, but I would absolutely consider a WR in the 1st.

A) I'd hate to reach for DL or EDGE if the value isn't really there and from what I've read this isn't the perfect class for a pass rusher.

B) Would rather address it in FA, if possible.

C) We do need some WR help to take the attention off of Brown.

D) With Chase, the two Bama kids and Bateman out of Minnesota (speaking only of those I have watched), this looks like a solid class and at least one should drop to our pick.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Andrei01 said:

Call me crazy, but I would absolutely consider a WR in the 1st.

A) I'd hate to reach for DL or EDGE if the value isn't really there and from what I've read this isn't the perfect class for a pass rusher.

B) Would rather address it in FA, if possible.

C) We do need some WR help to take the attention off of Brown.

D) With Chase, the two Bama kids and Bateman out of Minnesota (speaking only of those I have watched), this looks like a solid class and at least one should drop to our pick.

I don’t necessarily disagree depending on who’s there but to counter your point

A)Not sure about the DL but this actually looks like the perfect draft to get an edge rusher in the first. It doesn’t look like there’s a top 10-15 pick edge rusher but the depth of quality guys who’ll be at our first pick should be higher than most years

B)We should double up honestly. A single free agent won’t improve our pass rush. We need to address it in both free agency and the draft imo.

C)No doubt. Like with the edge rusher I think we have to double up here to. Re-sign Davis(or get his or Humphries replacement) and draft someone

D)This WR class is solid, which is why I feel we can get a quality one in the 2nd or 3rd round. Someone can correct me if I’m wrong but it feels easier getting a quality WR in the 2nd or 3rd than a quality edge rusher/DL.

Overall though, how we handle free agency will help us get an ideal how we might go about with the draft.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, TitanSlim said:

I don’t necessarily disagree depending on who’s there but to counter your point

A)Not sure about the DL but this actually looks like the perfect draft to get an edge rusher in the first. It doesn’t look like there’s a top 10-15 pick edge rusher but the depth of quality guys who’ll be at our first pick should be higher than most years

B)We should double up honestly. A single free agent won’t improve our pass rush. We need to address it in both free agency and the draft imo.

C)No doubt. Like with the edge rusher I think we have to double up here to. Re-sign Davis(or get his or Humphries replacement) and draft someone

D)This WR class is solid, which is why I feel we can get a quality one in the 2nd or 3rd round. Someone can correct me if I’m wrong but it feels easier getting a quality WR in the 2nd or 3rd than a quality edge rusher/DL.

Overall though, how we handle free agency will help us get an ideal how we might go about with the draft.

 

I mean, yeah, in theory, it's easier to find a suitable WR in the mid rounds than it is to find a pass rusher.

That being said, I don't think we should go back to ignoring good value. Like I said, there are at least 4 WR prospects that are, IMHO, if not top 20 worthy, at least bonafide 1st rounders.

Not sure I could say the same about edge players, and you know some teams will already reach ahead of us.

I like Joseph Ossai, the kid out of Texas, he looks like a possible stud who can play in space as well as rush the passer and has a high motor. But other than that, I'm not too convinced. If Jaylen Waddle or Devonta Smith are there, I don't see how you can ignore that, those guys look like legit NFL WRs (Smith's size might be the only concern).

Link to post
Share on other sites

This is a great year to need an edge rusher.
Looking early, I see plenty of guys that should be there when we pick that at the very least can rush the passer.

Maybe they won't be all 3 down players, but they got some pass rushing juice.

Joseph Ossai
Gergory Rousseau
Jalen Phillps
Azeez Ojalri
Jayson Oweh
Joe Tryon
Quincy Rouche
Patrick Jones
Hamilcar Rasheed Jr. 
Shaka Toney

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...