Jump to content

2021 College Football/NFL Draft Thread


ttitansfan4life
 Share

Recommended Posts

37 minutes ago, KingTitan said:

I just learned of his medical issues. Just watching the tape I couldn't figure out why he wasn't ranked higher. 

Medical.....now I know.  

 

Yea it’s frightening when looking at head injuries but he was healthy all this season outside of the normal bumps and bruises. Kid was the #1 player in the nation coming out of high school. I think he’s better than his teammate Gregory Rousseau who to think fits better as a 4-3 DE or a 5T in our scheme with some extra weight. His length and size are incredible especially to go with his athleticism. Raw though and decided to opt out this year but the production the year before was amazing. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, ttitansfan4life said:

Yea it’s frightening when looking at head injuries but he was healthy all this season outside of the normal bumps and bruises. Kid was the #1 player in the nation coming out of high school. I think he’s better than his teammate Gregory Rousseau who I think fits better as a 4-3 DE or a 5T in our scheme with some extra weight. His length and size are incredible especially to go with his athleticism. Raw though and decided to opt out this year but the production the year before was amazing. 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Some edge guys I like early....

Jaelan Phillips, Miami(1st)

Patrick Jones, Pittsburgh(2nd)

Quincy Roche, Miami(2nd)

Rashad Weaver, Pittsburgh(3rd)

Chris Rumph, Duke(3rd)

Christian Barmore is still my top guy at 22 right now. Dream scenario is Barmore at 22 and Jones in the 2nd. Maybe double dip at edge on one the other guys in the 3rd(assuming we don’t sign a FA). Need to fix this pass-rush big time.

Nickel package front 4 of.... Landry, Simmons, Barmore, Jones would be young and talented.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, ttitansfan4life said:

Some edge guys I like early....

Jaelan Phillips, Miami(1st)

Patrick Jones, Pittsburgh(2nd)

Quincy Roche, Miami(2nd)

Rashad Weaver, Pittsburgh(3rd)

Chris Rumph, Duke(3rd)

Christian Barmore is still my top guy at 22 right now. Dream scenario is Barmore at 22 and Jones in the 2nd. Maybe double dip at edge on one the other guys in the 3rd(assuming we don’t sign a FA). Need to fix this pass-rush big time.

Nickel package front 4 of.... Landry, Simmons, Barmore, Jones would be young and talented.

I’m with you. Barmore is the guy I want at 22.

Dream draft scenario as of today. 
1st-Barmore

2nd-Elijah Moore

3rd-Chris Rumph

I’m basing this draft on us signing one of these free agent edge rushers and resigning Davis/getting a free agent WR. I also think we’re going to cut Humphries. So Barmore is obvious. Moore steps in as our #3/slot WR and Rumph is our specialty pass rusher on obvious passing downs (what Vic Beasley was supposed to be for us).

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 23.01.2021 at 12:42 AM, ttitansfan4life said:

Best pass-rusher in the class but some scary medical history. Doubt he’s anywhere close to 22 by the time we get to late April.

I really, really, have started to fall in love with Phillips too. He's not better than Rousseau, at least not to me, but he has the skill set to be an effective pass rusher.

Also, if we're going to go DL over edge or any other position, I would prefer Daviyon Nixon over just about anybody.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, TitanSlim said:

I’m with you. Barmore is the guy I want at 22.

Dream draft scenario as of today. 
1st-Barmore

2nd-Elijah Moore

3rd-Chris Rumph

I’m basing this draft on us signing one of these free agent edge rushers and resigning Davis/getting a free agent WR. I also think we’re going to cut Humphries. So Barmore is obvious. Moore steps in as our #3/slot WR and Rumph is our specialty pass rusher on obvious passing downs (what Vic Beasley was supposed to be for us).

this would be amazing. not sure rumph will last to the third though.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, -Hope- said:

this would be amazing. not sure rumph will last to the third though.

This draft is going to be interesting because the predraft process is going to unlike any we’ve seen. 

I think this going to lead to draft boards being all over the place. It’s going to be difficult to do mock drafts or predict where guys are going to go this year more than any.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 minutes ago, TitanSlim said:

This draft is going to be interesting because the predraft process is going to unlike any we’ve seen. 

I think this going to lead to draft boards being all over the place. It’s going to be difficult to do mock drafts or predict where guys are going to go this year more than any.

Ouch. Think the restrictions really affected JRob's usual process last season and led to a less impactful than usual draft class. Could be another rough year.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 1/23/2021 at 9:01 PM, TwoToneBlue said:

Ouch. Think the restrictions really affected JRob's usual process last season and led to a less impactful than usual draft class. Could be another rough year.

if we have another draft like this year we'll be at the basement of the division before we know it. you can't just completely blow it on two consecutive draft classes and expect to build a competitive team. it's bad enough we blew one.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 minutes ago, -Hope- said:

if we have another draft like this year we'll be at the basement of the division before we know it. you can't just completely blow it on two consecutive draft classes and expect to build a competitive team. it's bad enough we blew one.

I think it’s more that the restrictions evened out the field between bad GMs and good GMs. We got unlucky with our first rounder, but I still have high hopes for Fulton and Evans looked good when he got up to speed. Still not a total bust.

Plus it was compounded by missing on both of our big free agent signings, which is why it seems worse than it is.

And I don’t expect that to happen again.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 1/22/2021 at 10:47 PM, ttitansfan4life said:

Yea it’s frightening when looking at head injuries but he was healthy all this season outside of the normal bumps and bruises. Kid was the #1 player in the nation coming out of high school. I think he’s better than his teammate Gregory Rousseau who to think fits better as a 4-3 DE or a 5T in our scheme with some extra weight. His length and size are incredible especially to go with his athleticism. Raw though and decided to opt out this year but the production the year before was amazing. 

I was watching Rousseau highlights today and I think you are right here. He doesn't look like a 3-4 olb. He looks like a 4-3 DE or a 5T. I get Dion Jordan vibes. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...