2021 College Football/NFL Draft Thread

ttitansfan4life

13 hours ago, 615finest said:

With the uncertainty at CB could we see a CB taken early? Butler possible Cap casualty, Adoree on last year of deal and due 10mil, King is a FA, and we don’t know what we have in Fulton yet. 

Will we Extend Adoree do limit the cap hit and will Butler reconstruct his contract. 

I’d be completely fine with it assuming we sign a vet EDGE rusher who isn’t washed up, Butler is released, and we target EDGE in the 2nd. Only CB I really want though is Jaycee Horn. Best CB in the draft to me. Cut Butler, Vaccaro, rework a couple contracts(Lewan), sign Watt and an edge rusher, resign King, resign Davis or Jonnu, and then draft Horn in the 1st and someone like Roche or Patrick Jones in the 2nd. CB group becomes Adoree(final year), Horn, King, and Fulton. That’s a young and athletic group. Horn and Fulton show promise next year, then Adoree is gone. Front becomes Landry, Simmons, Watt, and FA with Roche or Jones as the next guy up. Still would have a huge need at either TE/WR depending on who we resign of Davis/Jonnu.

I think with our offense we don't might not need to have a TOP WR prospect.  The routes Davis ran with playaction, let him run wide open a lot.

If we can get a guy that can catch with consistency I think we can get similar production to Davis. I want him back, just thinking if we can't it might not be totally over.

AJ gonna be the beast. 

We might be able to get by with a guy that isn't top shelf rated.

6 minutes ago, TitanSlim said:

As someone not in the known, what’s the big concern/question mark regarding Phillips?

Medically retired from football due to concussions. Transferred to Miami in 2019 and found his love for the game again. Really sucks that Roche, Phillips, and Rousseau didn’t play together this past season.

24 minutes ago, ttitansfan4life said:

Medically retired from football due to concussions. Transferred to Miami in 2019 and found his love for the game again. Really sucks that Roche, Phillips, and Rousseau didn’t play together this past season.

Ok, so just checked out his highlights and I’m definitely a fan. Has the look and skill set of an elite edge rusher. Plus saw that he was a top recruit coming into college, which is always a plus for me.

The concussion stuff is a legit concern but he feels like a guy that, if we pass on him, a team like the Ravens or Chiefs would scoop him up and he’d terrorize us for years.

8 minutes ago, TitanSlim said:

Ok, so just checked out his highlights and I’m definitely a fan. Has the look and skill set of an elite edge rusher. Plus saw that he was a top recruit coming into college, which is always a plus for me.

The concussion stuff is a legit concern but he feels like a guy that, if we pass on him, a team like the Ravens or Chiefs would scoop him up and he’d terrorize us for years.

Elite get off and bend. Just has everything you want in a pass-rusher. Rousseau on the other hand.... Rousseau is more of the project who in my opinion is much better rushing from the interior than the edge. It’s a pretty good draft for edge rushers and I like a lot of guys. Basham, Weaver, Jones, Roche, Phillips, Rousseau, Tryon, etc. No “elite” prospect like last year but very deep IMO.

3 hours ago, TitanSlim said:

As someone not in the known, what’s the big concern/question mark regarding Phillips?

#1. Welcome to the Jaelan Philips hype train. We have cocktails and snacks for purchase through your stewardess

#2. There is a video I posted that explains his medical history and his time at UCLA. Here it is. Basically he had 2 concussions and its UCLA's protocol that if an athlete has two concussions they recommend medical retirement. 

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, TJM217 said:

#1. Welcome to the Jaelan Philips hype train. We have cocktails and snacks for purchase through your stewardess

#2. There is a video I posted that explains his medical history and his time at UCLA. Here it is. Basically he had 2 concussions and its UCLA's protocol that if an athlete has two concussions they recommend medical retirement. 

I'm becoming afraid that this train will end before our stop at #22.

This is a real good draft for edge rushers, but it's looking like he is the cream of the crop so far. 

• Like 1

I like Jaelen Phillips but after thinking about it, I highly doubt we draft him. After dealing with a draft class that battled injuries and had a guy with questionable football dedication, the chances of us drafting a guy with those concerns (fair or not) are slim to non.

27 minutes ago, TitanSlim said:

I like Jaelen Phillips but after thinking about it, I highly doubt we draft him. After dealing with a draft class that battled injuries and had a guy with questionable football dedication, the chances of us drafting a guy with those concerns (fair or not) are slim to non.

This is my thinking as well. Of the pass rushers I have watched, I think he has the most talent, but the concussion/injury history is concerning. 
It’s especially difficult because I’m not sure they are allowed to complete a medical evaluation with team doctors under the COVID rules (I don’t believe it was allowed last year - not sure if it is different this offseason). 
It’s one thing to take a chance with a later pick, but a lot of risk in the first round when we need some hits in the draft this year. 

26 minutes ago, TitanSlim said:

See this makes no sense. Dedication isn’t the problem with Phillips. People see medical retirement and thinks a guy isn’t dedicated. UCLA has a pretty strict policy on concussions. After the 2nd one, you’re pretty much pushed to  give up football.  It’s no surprise that just two months later he decided to transfer. He had to sit out a year but he worked his *** off to get back and play a great 2020 season. If that’s not dedication, I don’t know what is. He’s not on social media posting dumb **** and he never had work ethic issue like Wilson’s fat lazy ***. Now if you want to point towards the injury and concussion issues for not drafting him, that’s completely understandable.  I think it’s a moot point anyway because I think he’ll be long gone before 22. 

• Like 2