Official 2021 QB Thread

NYRaider

2 minutes ago, RandomCampBody said:

I repeat Miami needs to think about it.

And yes i know the receiving talent isn't great on the dolphins right now.

I'd consider it if I were Miami. I'd be curious to see what they get back from a team for Tua? Second? 

The problem with Tua is that he legitimately doesn't have a single elite tool in his box.

21 minutes ago, Forge said:

I'd consider it if I were Miami. I'd be curious to see what they get back from a team for Tua? Second? 

The problem with Tua is that he legitimately doesn't have a single elite tool in his box.

Maybe a late SRP.  Think the Rosen trade set the standard.  Teams usually don't move on from a QB they select in the top 5 that quickly.

Just now, CWood21 said:

Maybe a late SRP.  Think the Rosen trade set the standard.  Teams usually don't move on from a QB they select in the top 5 that quickly.

Agreed. 

I think it says a lot that I'm a guy who desperately wants to move on from his QB and the idea of giving up a second rounder for Tua is a whole lot of "meh" to me. 

Just now, Forge said:

Agreed. 

I think it says a lot that I'm a guy who desperately wants to move on from his QB and the idea of giving up a second rounder for Tua is a whole lot of "meh" to me. 

I think you'd see it from a team whose probably not going to be in the area of finding a QBOTF anytime soon.  Pittsburgh and New Orleans would be the two I'd circle on the draft order.  Maybe even Tampa Bay.

46 minutes ago, RandomCampBody said:

I repeat Miami needs to think about it.

And yes i know the receiving talent isn't great on the dolphins right now.

Yeah, put the fins down for needing a QB in the worst way. Tua is total garbage.

38 minutes ago, Forge said:

I don't think that they will...I won't say that they shouldn't at least investigate the possibility. 

28 minutes ago, RandomCampBody said:

If they evaluate Fields and Wilson and think they are clearly better they should.

Would they do the same thing if Tua carried clipboard for whole season?

1 minute ago, JetsandI said:

Would they do the same thing if Tua carried clipboard for whole season?

No...but I remember that there was some chatter (I can't tell you if it was actually true or not as obviously it could have been completely made up) that the reason that they made the switch to Tua from Fitzy was to evaluate Tua in case the Texans pick ended up super high, which it did. That may have been completely false, but I could certainly see why it wouldn't be as well. 

I'm not a huge Tua fan because I don't think that he's got an elite type skills. I think he's a guy that is probably pretty solid and you can win with on the rookie deal, but when you pay him 25 million, you're screwed. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Forge said:

No...but I remember that there was some chatter (I can't tell you if it was actually true or not as obviously it could have been completely made up) that the reason that they made the switch to Tua from Fitzy was to evaluate Tua in case the Texans pick ended up super high, which it did. That may have been completely false, but I could certainly see why it wouldn't be as well. 

I'm not a huge Tua fan because I don't think that he's got an elite type skills. I think he's a guy that is probably pretty solid and you can win with on the rookie deal, but when you pay him 25 million, you're screwed. 

Brian Flores came from BB house so keeping a lid is clearly a strong trait.  Nice theory but crazy.   I know I won't be superb happy if Jets did that way.

thanks.

4 hours ago, Forge said:

If the Dolphins have a QB prospect they like more than Tua available at 3, i don't see why they wouldn't take that QB. What has Tua shown for them to NOT pass on any other QB prospects they like? Its not the 80's or 90's anymore, very rarely do QB's with bad rookie seasons become franchise QB's. You'd hope your 1st round rookie QB would at least be average

And FYI Adam Schefter came up with that theory. 

Edited by 49ersfan
  • Like 1