Dolphins name Tua starting QB

RaidersAreOne

19 minutes ago, The LBC said:

You mean the bad performance game that 80% of starting quarterbacks have at least 1x per season?

Yeah, that's really bucking the maths there.  Tua only has to produce like Mahomes (except without the 15 games of sitting as the QB2 in the offense scheme/system behind the veteran QB1 part, I mean) in order to proof that theorem.  Nothing major.  Just that.  No, no.  Throw him in against the reigning two-time DPOY.  That's so backward-thinking it has to work!

The Venn diagram between Fitzmagic and bag sports gambling fallacies is pretty much just a circle.

Anyone see Fitz pumping up the crowd when Tua went in? He has spoke several times I believe that he knows the situation so as far as how this sits in the locker room, I don't see it being an issue at all. Everyone knows Tua is the future (hopefully) and you have to get him playing time this year to get a clear idea if he really is going to be the guy. Yeah the Rams are a tough first start but they have a bye the week before so he can get plenty of reps. After that it gets a little easier with at Arizona, vs Chargers, at Denver, at Jets, and vs Bengals

22 minutes ago, The LBC said:

You mean the bad performance game that 80% of starting quarterbacks have at least 1x per season?

Yeah, that's really bucking the maths there.  Tua only has to produce like Mahomes (except without the 15 games of sitting as the QB2 in the offense scheme/system behind the veteran QB1 part, I mean) in order to proof that theorem.  Nothing major.  Just that.  No, no.  Throw him in against the reigning two-time DPOY.  That's so backward-thinking it has to work!

What are you talking about? Fitzy will implode for multiple games not just one. We’ve seen it time and time again. Tua has 2 weeks of preparation. Is going against the Rams ideal? No. But if he’s fully healthy you shouldn’t be scared to let your first round quarterback play. Stupid thinking. If Tua didn’t shred his hip 11 months ago, he’d have been starting day 1, he was pro ready. If he’s 100% he plays. 

Imagine the Trevor Lawrence’s new team has to face the Rams first game next year, do you sit him? No he starts game one no matter what. If Tua is ready he’s ready. The opponent doesn’t mater. It isn’t like the Rams are this all time great defense either. 

1 hour ago, Starless said:

It's probably better psychologically for a young QB to be inserted when the team is playing well and has momentum, rather than reeling and trying to salvage an otherwise lost season. 

I disagree. What if the momentum gets lost after the QB change? Then you have an entire locker room that's pissed off the coach went away from something that was working. At least if the team isn't playing great, the rookie isn't going to take any blame. It'll be chalked up as, "Well, the team just isn't that good." In this case, if the Dolphins go on a losing streak, all you're going to hear in the media is, "Shouldn't have put in Tua."

Edited by Art_Vandalay

Just now, Art_Vandalay said:

I disagree. What if the momentum gets lost after the QB change? Then you have an entire locker room that's pissed off that the coach went away from something that was working. At least if the team isn't playing great, the rookie isn't going to take any blame. It'll be chalked up as, "Well, the team just isn't that good." In this case, if the Dolphins go on a losing streak, all you're going to hear in the media is, "Shouldn't have put in Tua."

It doesn’t matter when Tua played, if they are losing with him you’d be hearing that narrative either way. 

And on top of that, if you’re worried your QB can’t handle that adversity, or isn’t able to perform better than Ryan Fitzpatrick, then you probably should’nt have spent the fifth overall pick on him.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, BobbyPhil1781 said:

"Hey remember that guy who almost couldn't walk b/c of his hip injury and the fact he's had injuries almost his entire time in college?"

"Yeah., sure do"

"Great!! Let's start him in his first game against Aaron Donald"

"Wow, what a great idea!!!"

Just because Aaron Donald is good doesn’t mean he’s more likely to hurt someone. Stupid narrative.

2 minutes ago, bigbadbuff said:

Imagine the Trevor Lawrence’s new team has to face the Rams first game next year, do you sit him? No he starts game one no matter what. If Tua is ready he’s ready. The opponent doesn’t mater. It isn’t like the Rams are this all time great defense either. 

While this may be true, not sure having Tua face the most Dominant game wrecking DLineman  in the league is ideal either. Especially coming of the hip injury. 

I get the whole bye week, two week prep BS but it's not like the Dolphins were on a losing streak, out of contention for the AFCE, Fitz playing awful? Timing is odd, sorry. 

6 minutes ago, BobbyPhil1781 said:

"Hey remember that guy who almost couldn't walk b/c of his hip injury and the fact he's had injuries almost his entire time in college?"

"Yeah., sure do"

"Great!! Let's start him in his first game against Aaron Donald"

"Wow, what a great idea!!!"

Man...if this was their thought process than they most definitely should have passed on Tua (as well as any team that has this thought process for that matter), thankfully it doesn't appear that's the case.

If youre worried about one game of him playing a good but not great defense (with a dominant defensive lineman) than how the hell do you figure him being the long term answer?

• Like 3

Just now, Nabbs4u said:

While this may be true, not sure having Tua face the most Dominant game wrecking DLineman  in the league is ideal either. Especially coming of the hip injury. 

I get the whole bye week, two week prep BS but it's not like the Dolphins were on a losing streak, out of contention for the AFCE, Fitz playing awful? Timing is odd, sorry. 

It’s the National Football League. Do the Rams hurt players more than other teams? I’m confused by this.

1 minute ago, .Buzz said:

Man...if this was their thought process than they most definitely shouldn't have touche Tua (nor any team for that matter).

If your worried about one game of him playing a good but not great defense than how the hell do you figure him being the long term answer.

This!!

Just now, .Buzz said:

Man...if this was their thought process than they most definitely should have passed on Tua (nor any team for that matter), thankfully it doesn't appear that's the case.

If your worried about one game of him playing a good but not great defense (with a domiant defensive lineman) than how the hell do you figure him being the long term answer.

It's obviously not. I find the timing to start him against one of the greatest linemen in the game right now just very, very strange. Maybe let him ease himself in against, you know, someone who isn't an MVP candidate every year. Seems a little more fitting to me but what do I know? I just type on a computer all day for my job.