Possible trades before deadline

12 minutes ago, NateDawg said:

I’d consider trading down for more draft picks. What are your thoughts?

Lolol...i 👀 what you did there!!!!

Seriously though....did we not pick up an extra 3,4, and 5 in next year's draft?  Why not use a pick or 2 to grab an above average player from a seller?

It's obvious we are not 1 player away, but adding a piece now isn't such a bad thing.  And hopefully said player will still be under contract next year.  That would be one less piece we would need in the draft or free agency also.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Kiwibrown said:

What our roster shows is the inept nature of dorsey management. 

We lost two solid defensive ends, who were replaced by an expensive old end and a young defensive end who was worse, Chad 'free agent' thomas. 0 steps forward two steps back. 

We trade a one and a 3 for obj. Obj is hurt. Baker never needed obj in the first place. 

If dorsey had just run te course we could have fielded, Myles Garrett, dexter lawrence, sheldon richardson, larry o as a reserve, one of Ogbah and nassib as our DE. More cap and better talent on defense. 

Ogbah and Nassib didn’t show anything that was worth Keeping. Seems like that is more on coaching. 

we can’t just say Baker never needed OBJ. You never know if it would work out or not. A lot of people thought Moss wouldn’t work with the Pats. It was a good situation for OBJ. Best friend who is a legit #2. College WR coach who developed in college, and a young exciting QB with a live arm. It was a gamble that was worth it, just sucks it didn’t work out. 

you can’t just lay revisionist history and assume it works out just like that. Nassib hasn’t done anything. Didn’t even know he was on the raiders. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, buno67 said:

Ogbah and Nassib didn’t show anything that was worth Keeping. Seems like that is more on coaching. 

we can’t just say Baker never needed OBJ. You never know if it would work out or not. A lot of people thought Moss wouldn’t work with the Pats. It was a good situation for OBJ. Best friend who is a legit #2. College WR coach who developed in college, and a young exciting QB with a live arm. It was a gamble that was worth it, just sucks it didn’t work out. 

Ogbah, yes, Nassib had 3 sacks and 5pds the year before he was cut and was solid, certainly better than zettel, he had a better camp than chad that same year, he was at least our 4th DE

I said at the time of the trade Baker didnt need OBJ, rather he needed protection and a bunch of guys to distribute too. In going to say proven right.

8 minutes ago, buno67 said:

you can’t just lay revisionist history and assume it works out just like that. Nassib hasn’t done anything. Didn’t even know he was on the raiders. 

Nassib had two good years with the Buccaneers as a rotational player. 

Wisdom is proven right by her children.

(That is me, if you missed it). 

1 minute ago, H2ThaIzzo said:

Let's say that Delpit doesn't get injured, and Greedy is healthy and seeing the field. How much better is our defense with those two guys over the role players that have been filling in for them? 

I'm not sure we win an extra game. 

We need front 7 help. 

2 minutes ago, Kiwibrown said:

We need front 7 help. 

This is how I feel.

Sendejo sucks, but our LBs are just as bad as him.

Larry Ogunjobi has sucked outside of the Baltimore game. Sheldon Richardson has done next to nothing since we signed him. Vernon finally made an appearance today. I think all 3 of them won’t be browns next year.

10 minutes ago, H2ThaIzzo said:

Let's say that Delpit doesn't get injured, and Greedy is healthy and seeing the field. How much better is our defense with those two guys over the role players that have been filling in for them? 

I think Delpit could definitely be helping us. Seeing as what we’ve seen at safety out there, he has to be better. 

Tbh I still don’t know if Greedy is any good or not or an upgrade on what’s out there. 

3 minutes ago, candyman93 said:

This is how I feel.

Larry Ogunjobi has sucked outside of the Baltimore game. Sheldon Richardson has done next to nothing since we signed him. Vernon finally made an appearance today. I think all 3 of them won’t be browns next year.

Pass rush has certainly been a weakness, however when teams are killing us on third down conversions, a lot of those are on plays where the ball is out super fast. The play last Sunday where the Bengals took the lead on the short Burrow TD pass, it was our safety not being able to make the correct read that led to him getting beat. I think Richardson has played better than you're giving him credit for. I think he would benefit a lot by us having some additional depth so he could be subbed out a little more frequently. 

The hardest thing trade wise for me is how to address a hole at a position like safety. I think that Harrison and Delpit are the guys going forward, so would we really want to give up much just to get a rental in here? Like sure, giving up a 5th to get a nice upgrade would be fine, but who would that guy be? as far as LB goes, we definitely need help there, but unless we take on a guy with a not so team friendly contract, it's gonna be hard getting one. 

19 minutes ago, candyman93 said:

This is how I feel.

I want to see the group led by Mack and the LSU guy after the bye. I dont mind Malcolm Smith in the rotation on 3rd down.

19 minutes ago, candyman93 said:

Larry has got worse each year. Larry walks or stays on a very small contract 2 years 5 million.

Sheldon has had flashes, a few good rushes and he gets his hands on the ball. I'd extend him for a year year and drop his number for next year, an extra year at 8 million 

Vernon has been a huge disappointment and won't be in the league in 2020.

24 minutes ago, Kiwibrown said:

Ogbah, yes, Nassib had 3 sacks and 5pds the year before he was cut and was solid, certainly better than zettel, he had a better camp than chad that same year, he was at least our 4th DE

I said at the time of the trade Baker didnt need OBJ, rather he needed protection and a bunch of guys to distribute too. In going to say proven right.

Nassib had two good years with the Buccaneers as a rotational player. 

Wisdom is proven right by her children.

(That is me, if you missed it). 

again Nassib wasnt anything special here. You make it sound like his 3 sacks were special. He got 3 sacks with Myles Garrett opposite of him and he got the 2nd most snaps at DE. He goes to the bucs, gets less defensive snaps but doubles his production

You might been right about OBJ but that is a gamble to take. OBJ was one of the better WRs in the league, who the year prior was on pace for 1400 yards 8 TDs until he had hamstring/quad issue. That same offseason, a lot of people wanted the Browns to draft Brown, a OBJ type WR. 

7 minutes ago, Kiwibrown said:

I want to see the group led by Mack and the LSU guy after the bye. I dont mind Malcolm Smith in the rotation on 3rd down.

Larry has got worse each year. Larry walks or stays on a very small contract 2 years 5 million.

Sheldon has had flashes, a few good rushes and he gets his hands on the ball. I'd extend him for a year year and drop his number for next year, an extra year at 8 million 

Vernon has been a huge disappointment and won't be in the league in 2020.

Out of those 3, Sheldon would be the last one I resign. Dude doesnt like to play the run. He was one of the main reasons we got our arses ran over today. 

10 hours ago, H2ThaIzzo said:

Impossible to say really.

Greedy has never played in this defense and didn’t do anything last year to make me feel any sorta way.

Delpit is a complete unknown.  Obviously in true Browns fan fashion we all think he’s gonna be a stud, but he may be atrocious.  Non one knows at this point.

I sure wish we could have found out though.

Im really surprised Greedy is still out though.  Like, did this dude just get a career ending shoulder dislocation or something?  Not sure what happened that both didn’t require surgery but also takes 3 months to heal enough to play?

11 hours ago, H2ThaIzzo said:

Pass rush has certainly been a weakness, however when teams are killing us on third down conversions, a lot of those are on plays where the ball is out super fast. The play last Sunday where the Bengals took the lead on the short Burrow TD pass, it was our safety not being able to make the correct read that led to him getting beat. I think Richardson has played better than you're giving him credit for. I think he would benefit a lot by us having some additional depth so he could be subbed out a little more frequently. 

The hardest thing trade wise for me is how to address a hole at a position like safety. I think that Harrison and Delpit are the guys going forward, so would we really want to give up much just to get a rental in here? Like sure, giving up a 5th to get a nice upgrade would be fine, but who would that guy be? as far as LB goes, we definitely need help there, but unless we take on a guy with a not so team friendly contract, it's gonna be hard getting one. 

Ok before everybody jumps of the I-480 bridge

Phillips linebacker with Mack from day one will greatly improve linebacker play.

Anybody that says Delpit will not be a improvement Sendejo has never watched football.

Solution if we can get Fuller wr Houston for are 4th I would trade for him and sign

him long term that way you can hang on to Obj until you get something of value in return.

Well just ramping hope this improves everybody mood