Possible trades before deadline

19 minutes ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

I’d be upset. Njoku can help. A 5th in 2 years doesn’t do anything for us right now. We should be in win now mode. 

I agree. On the other hand we have 2 thirds, 2 fourths and 2 fifths next year in the draft. I dont know much the FO would be in asset accumulation mode compared to a guy who can help right now in return.

7 hours ago, pnies20 said:

Unless you’re certain people

HideousVariableElephant-max-1mb.gif

4 hours ago, candyman93 said:

November 3rd is the deadline. We have a bye week after this week. They might be waiting.

I believe they are accepting them up to nine days after the deadline

because Covid.

3 hours ago, AkronsWitness said:

Hope not, if I have to see Sendejo and Vernon play another meaningful snap for us I will be upset.

Luckily you won't have to

Edited by NudeTayne
because their snaps are meaningless.

"Still, let’s not completely close the door on a Njoku trade. The Browns think Austin Hooper will be back after the bye week, and they clearly think they found a fourth-round gem last April in Harrison Bryant. But tight end is such a priority in Kevin Stefanski’s offense that it seems unlikely the Browns would be willing to give up Njoku at midseason."

Well, maybe getting rid of Njoku at the deadline isn't as obvious as once thought.

--From The Athletic

Edited by AkronsWitness

6 hours ago, AkronsWitness said:

"Still, let’s not completely close the door on a Njoku trade. The Browns think Austin Hooper will be back after the bye week, and they clearly think they found a fourth-round gem last April in Harrison Bryant. But tight end is such a priority in Kevin Stefanski’s offense that it seems unlikely the Browns would be willing to give up Njoku at midseason."

Well, maybe getting rid of Njoku at the deadline isn't as obvious as once thought.

--From The Athletic

Also think Njoku has come around to this offense. He might not be the star or best TE but he will get usage. Might be the best thing for him. Shine when you do get in. Don’t rack up the wear and tear, hit the market and sign a decent size contract. 

IMO Njoku provides value in the slot and split out wide with OBJ hurt, and I think that the rest of 2020 he’s a guy who is more valuable to us than what he’d fetch in a trade until the off-season. Plus, if he produces down the stretch, we increase his trade value in the off-season and/or he finds a niche out wide/in the slot.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, candyman93 said:

I still want Quinnen Williams if possible. I think he can turn into a Fletcher Cox for our defense.

He needs to be in a 4-3.

I don’t see Williams turning into that pass rusher that Cos is/was but Williams would be huge in the run defense. Can’t remember where I saw it but one of those fancy graphs had Williams rated as one of the best run defenders for IDL

We would be better off to keep Njoku and let him showcase his growth and his athleticism while helping us win, rather than trade for a 5th or later pick. If we elect not to resign him in the offseason, someone else will pick him up, and we will likely get a compensation pick out of him anyways. 

• Like 3

We shouldn't be in win now mode because we can't win now. Defense is trash. We are still a year away at least. We know the elite teams can dominate us. If we trade for anyone I would expect it to not be a short term rental. We are trying to build a sustainable system and that's what we are doing so far. We will make the playoffs and lose in the first round no matter what we do this deadline. Its a great step for the team, just keep our fan expectations realistic. 

2 hours ago, nugpimpen said:

We shouldn't be in win now mode because we can't win now. Defense is trash. We are still a year away at least. We know the elite teams can dominate us. If we trade for anyone I would expect it to not be a short term rental. We are trying to build a sustainable system and that's what we are doing so far. We will make the playoffs and lose in the first round no matter what we do this deadline. Its a great step for the team, just keep our fan expectations realistic. 

I don't think it will be the same type of game when we play the Steelers and Ravens next time. I would expect them to be close games. I agree with the rest, we really aren't chasing the SB this year but I don't think that it is that we can't compete with good teams even though we haven't done it so far. I think we just are unlikely to beat those teams when the last team to score will win because their defense is a lot better than ours, pretty much no matter who they are.

2 hours ago, nugpimpen said:

We kinda are. Myles, Ward, Baker, and Chubb haven’t hit their paydays. So these are the times to be in win now mode. While you still have cap room. Also winning now can help Baker and co. The young vets, get use to winning, and experiencing winning. Something they need. They need to be making trades, just by the chance their are injuries or someone gets held out because of Covid. Also stranger stuff has happened in the playoffs

2 hours ago, pnies20 said:

Maybe we can trade for Austin Corbett 😏

His high draft pick status may make him too pricey both in pick demanded and in his extension. I'd rather steer clear for now. Now if it's a fire sale and we can get him for maybe Njoku and a third, I'm taking that call.

tl;dr shut up, Tayne, you mf'n potato.

Edited by NudeTayne
Guilty as charged.
  • Like 2