Rams vs Bears GT, 10/26, MNF

beardown3231

This game could legitimately end up being like 3-6 final score offensively, with the game deciding score on top of that coming of a safety or pick 6 defensively. 

Both teams are overrated and record wise over performing their actual talent levels. 

Both teams are going to be eaten alive by the opposing defense. Goff vs our pass rush and zone heavy secondary throws at least 1 pick.... The problem is our offense is so horrifically inept, especially up front, that I'm almost thinking our only offensive points come off a turnover deep in field goal range. 

Wildcard for the game is Mooney. He's due to connect on a deep shot, and a fluke td could be all the difference. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, JAF-N72EX said:

What does "traditional type screens" even mean? That's a very vague statement.  Elaborate on this.

The offensive line gives a push to the pass rush, then lets them on through and releases to the side the running back is going to. The quarterback throws over the pass rush to the running back behind the line. Running back proceeds downfield with the free offensive linemen as blockers in front of him.

5 hours ago, JAF-N72EX said:

He calls them too much actually. Especially given our current offensive lineup that is not built for those type of plays. We have 2 QBs who can't read a defense or execute a simple game plan. We have interior lineman who struggle with pulling. We have WRs who have a hard time getting separation and breaking tackles after initial contact.

He does, for sure. We're talking about little slip screens and (semi) bubble screens now. I don't really know if they fail so consistently because of personnel, or because Nagy loves them so much. Those type of plays work best when they surprise the opponent. 

5 hours ago, jrry32 said:

If Trubisky and Goff were the same person, Trubisky would still be starting, and the Bears would have made the playoffs last year. Where are the sane Bears fans?

Goff is clearly better than Trubisky. On arm strength alone, he is superior. 

1 hour ago, WindyCity said:

On offense I am not sure what they should do. Scratch and claw to get to 20 points and hope the defense holds 

Basically play it like they did the Bucccaneers game. Keep to their strengths, don't get cute, take what the defense gives them, don't abandon the run (or as close as Nagy can get to that).

• Like 1

7 hours ago, dll2000 said:

Yes you do.  Bears are objectively better D than Rams.  It is pure homerism to say otherwise.   I don’t care what stats say.  Stats are liars often.   Lies, damn lies and statistics.  

Objectively speaking, the defense that is better in every major statistical category would be considered better. But as I've already noted, we've played different schedules, so I'm not claiming that. I'm simply making the point that you might be selling our defense a bit short. I guess we'll see.

He has a great arm which is why he was no. 1 pick.  But if he doesn’t have great players around him he is an extremely average QB and he plays extra bad under pressure without crutch of effective run game.  He would be awful on Bears.    Awful.  On Dallas right now he would quit the game.    He can’t play with a terrible O line.  

He played most of last year with a terrible OL and didn't quit. You can criticize his play under pressure. That's fine. But you can't question his toughness. And even if he is an "extremely average QB," that is still better than Foles and Trubisky.

7 hours ago, dll2000 said:

This is great.  I picked Rams to win in a close game and I am still getting grief and name calling from Rams fans.  Worse than Philly or Cowboys fans (aside from this season where to them they are worst teams in NFL history).  

Only acceptable opinions apparently are Goff is awesome, Rams have best D in league and Rams will win in a blow out.

Yeah, telling you that Goff is better than Foles and the Rams D is better than you're saying it is is totally the same as the bold. Poor guy. I'm just a big ole meanie. 😂

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, GOGRIESE said:

Yes you are Jrry

I apologize. I'll leave now. Good luck tomorrow. Should be a good battle. Will be a nice test for both our offense and defense. I expect y'all feel the same. Hopefully, we both avoid injuries. 🙂

25 minutes ago, jrry32 said:

I apologize. I'll leave now. Good luck tomorrow. Should be a good battle. Will be a nice test for both our offense and defense. I expect y'all feel the same. Hopefully, we both avoid injuries. 🙂

I'm joking lol. Yes it certainly will be. Your points were certainly valid. Its going to come down to the turnover battle in my eyes. We certainly need short fields. 

Edited by GOGRIESE
  • Like 1

30 minutes ago, GOGRIESE said:

I'm joking lol. Yes it certainly will be. Your points were certainly valid. Its going to come down to the turnover battle in my eyes. We certainly need short fields. 

I caught your drift, my friend. Just didn't want to be in your forum causing drama. 🙂

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, WindyCity said:

I have no idea how long these slop fest ugly wins can last. 

You're overstating the types of games we've seen thus far. That's some blatant misrepresentation, there. Either way, the answer to your question is--all season long. 

22 minutes ago, jrry32 said:

I caught your drift, my friend. Just didn't want to be in your forum causing drama. 🙂

Don't worry about it, dude. We conjure up plenty of drama on our own...

• Like 2

5 hours ago, WindyCity said:

I have no idea how long these slop fest ugly wins can last. But if we can get out the next 3 at 6-3 that would be big.

This and the Saints game seem more winnable than Tennessee on the road.

I wonder how different these games would have been without poor officiating though.