Rams vs Bears GT, 10/26, MNF

beardown3231

19 hours ago, jrry32 said:
On 10/22/2020 at 9:57 AM, dll2000 said:

Game will be decided by turnovers I think.   Rams don’t have a great D, but it isn’t bad.   Bears should be able to score if wheels don’t come off bus with missed blocks.

How good is the Bears D? Because the Rams currently are giving up less passing yards per game, less rushing yards per game, less points per game, and less yards per play. Do the Rams have a better D? I don't know. They've played different schedules. We'll see how the year goes. But I sure as hell respect the Bears D. It seems like you might be selling us a bit short. I guess we'll see. Best of luck to y'all.

The Bears defense have also played against better offenses (held TB to one TD) and haven't had an offense to keep them fresh either like the Rams have. 

That said, yes, I agree that DLL is selling the Rams defense short.  The Bears defense is better but not significantly better by any means, considering it's only week 7. Without much thought, I would probably put the Bears defense in the top-5 range (behind Bucs, Steelers, Ravens) and the Rams defense in the late top-10ish (7-10ish). 

On 10/21/2020 at 9:06 PM, The_Romen said:

I really, REALLY liked Goff coming out. But he's trash. Mental midget.

Nah. He's really not. Dude is tough as nails and isn't afraid to shoot his way out of slump. He's rattled by pressure like most pocket passers, but I've never questioned his mental toughness. Fisher hung him out to dry in the worst sort of ways, and he didn't let that derail his career.

Every single Bears fan should know the true meaning of a "mental midget QB",  by now, considering we've lived through McCown, Miller, Grossman, Orton, Griese, Cutler, and Mitch. And they should know how to spot a QB who is NOT mental midget. Calling Goff one is totally inaccurate.

On 10/21/2020 at 1:51 PM, dll2000 said:

No.   He isn't even better than Foles IMO and he is crazy expensive to boot.

I think dumbest thing a team can do is pay a non-elite QB elite QB money.   I think Cowboys dodged a bullet with Prescott who is good, but not elite.

Jones is getting roasted, but he did right thing.   Where he screwed up was on gambling on retreads on DL and injury prone LBs and his high OL draft picks and resigns have not been able to stay healthy.   Now team is falling apart because team lacks discipline and is facing adversity.

Wait, what? That's an insane opinion.

What he said was incredibly false, and you know that.  But what you have to understand about Bears fans is that there are some fans who predicted that he would start the season over Foles because they felt he was THAT much better than Mitch and they will not budge off of that ledge. They will ride with Foles to the depths of hell with him beyond any rational reasoning purely out of their egos being broken. 

If this team had Goff, we would have made the playoffs for 3 years in a row (including this year) and had a legit shot at a title during all 3 of those years.

On 10/21/2020 at 9:04 PM, The_Romen said:

Good lord no. Foles and goff are fairly similar. Foles is at least mentally tough and doesn't need his hand held. Tru and Goff may as well be the same person.

If Trubisky and Goff were the same person, Trubisky would still be starting, and the Bears would have made the playoffs last year. Where are the sane Bears fans?

I'm here, Jrry. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, JAF-N72EX said:

The Bears defense have also played against better offenses (held TB to one TD) and haven't had an offense to keep them fresh either like the Rams have. 

That said, yes, I agree that DLL is selling the Rams defense short.  The Bears defense is better but not significantly better by any means, considering it's only week 7. Without much thought, I would probably put the Bears defense in the top-5 range (behind Bucs, Steelers, Ravens) and the Rams defense in the late top-10ish (7-10ish). 

This seems quite fair to me. I think the Bears do have a better defense. Will be interesting to see how we look with A'Shawn Robinson. He was just activated. Our run defense has been hit and miss this year. Adding A'Shawn's size to the DL may help. But y'all have a more complete defense than we do. Our LB corp is lacking.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, jrry32 said:

This seems quite fair to me. I think the Bears do have a better defense. Will be interesting to see how we look with A'Shawn Robinson. He was just activated. Our run defense has been hit and miss this year. Adding A'Shawn's size to the DL may help. But y'all have a more complete defense than we do. Our LB corp is lacking.

So is our ILBers with Travathan. He can't cover TE and RBs on man cover routes like he used too. Roquan has been nice, all-around, but he's still iffy at times. And I think this is what is going to hurt us the most. TE's and RB's. Because of this reason. 

• Like 2

22 hours ago, jrry32 said:

Nah. He's really not. Dude is tough as nails and isn't afraid to shoot his way out of slump. He's rattled by pressure like most pocket passers, but I've never questioned his mental toughness. Fisher hung him out to dry in the worst sort of ways, and he didn't let that derail his career. See, I think he got screwed in 16 until McVay got there and could just feed him the info. Even then the guy needs great WR that get tons of YAC and a Todd Gurley in his prime to be considered "Good". They scored 3 points in a superbowl. That's Bears level bad. He and Trubisky seem to have the same football intelligence when they get on the field, I don't know.

56 minutes ago, CBears019 said:

Rams fans - how has Leonard Floyd been for you guys thus far?

He's been alright. Solid all around. Has a couple plays each game where he beats his man badly as a pass rusher, but he's not consistently applying pressure.

4 hours ago, The_Romen said:

See, I think he got screwed in 16 until McVay got there and could just feed him the info. Even then the guy needs great WR that get tons of YAC and a Todd Gurley in his prime to be considered "Good". They scored 3 points in a superbowl.That's Bears level bad. He and Trubisky seem to have the same football intelligence when they get on the field, I don't know.

If it were as easy as just feeding the QB all the info, why does that not work for every other team? They all have the same comms systems. As for the Super Bowl, you're ignoring something pretty darn significant. He actually got there. If that's "Bears level bad," the Bears must be pretty damn good. I'll also point out that a WR's ability to get YAC often relies on the timing and accuracy of his QB's pass.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, jrry32 said:

He's been alright. Solid all around. Has a couple plays each game where he beats his man badly as a pass rusher, but he's not consistently applying pressure.

If it were as easy as just feeding the QB all the info, why does that not work for every other team? They all have the same comms systems. As for the Super Bowl, you're ignoring something pretty darn significant. He actually got there. If that's "Bears level bad," the Bears must be pretty damn good. I'll also point out that a WR's ability to get YAC often relies on the timing and accuracy of his QB's pass.

Also to add and it gets me annoyed that could Trubisky do what Goff did in the NFCCG in New Orleans? Down 13-0 in the dome where literally the building falling apart due to how loud the stadium was. The Rams OL couldn’t even hear Goff. He led the comeback in the 4th quarter. Down by 3pts he took the Rams down the field for the game tying field. Then in OT he again took the team down the field for the game winning field goal. Nobody talks about it because everyone talks about the no call PI. Saints still had the lead and Goff led the comeback which btw Foles couldn’t do the week before in New Orleans even though Jeffery should’ve caught that ball that ended up being a game clinching int. So yeah Goff is good and he has more moments of being great than people give him credit for. 

I don't think I've ever seen a fan base in this forum more than Rams fans. The Bears and Packers rivalry dates back 101 years and we get a fan of theirs in here every now and again. But the Rams fans? Every damn year for the last 3 there are a few in here leading up to a game. Fo you guys do that no matter the opponent or what? What is with this?

8 minutes ago, beardown3231 said:

I don't think I've ever seen a fan base in this forum more than Rams fans. The Bears and Packers rivalry dates back 101 years and we get a fan of theirs in here every now and again. But the Rams fans? Every damn year for the last 3 there are a few in here leading up to a game. Fo you guys do that no matter the opponent or what? What is with this?

To be fair right before every Packers game I go to the border and throw a ****load of rocks over. That farmer really hates my guts. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, beardown3231 said:

Yes. We generally talk to the opposing fans before the game.

16 hours ago, jrry32 said:

I caught your drift, my friend. Just didn't want to be in your forum causing drama. 🙂

yo welcome ! 

from LA perspective what is the difference between these two teams since the 2018 game ??  I really don't see much diff ! main diff imo is that you guys lost suh and we picked up Foles ! It really seems like we are a bad matchup for you guys ... would you agree ? have you added any diff makers since the 2018 game that should shine v Chicago tonight  ??

cheers !   here's to injury free game 👍 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, JAF-N72EX said:

So is our ILBers with Travathan. He can't cover TE and RBs on man cover routes like he used too. Roquan has been nice, all-around, but he's still iffy at times. And I think this is what is going to hurt us the most. TE's and RB's. Because of this reason. 

Roquan has been sensational ! trevathan is slowing down and off the field quite a bit on obvious passing downs .... we just signed manti  who does quite well in coverage ... ILB is a strength