Week 8 General Discussion

TecmoSuperJoe

Just now, Raves said:

I was referring to when they were 5-2, prior to this game, and how the Saints are now 5-2, so basically their records and play up until the point they had that record.  My fault for not making that more clear.

Ah ok. It's still the Bears IMO. They were 5-2 but at no point during this season have I really felt like they were playing like a 5-2 team. The Saints may have flaws but they also have alot of key injuries. 

2 minutes ago, Raves said:

I was referring to when they were 5-2, prior to this game, and how the Saints are now 5-2, so basically their records and play up until the point they had that record.  My fault for not making that more clear.

It's easily the Bears, the Saints have scored at least 24 points in every game they have played this season. The Bears have scored over 24 points six times since the beginning of 2019.

1 minute ago, JAF-N72EX said:

Ah ok. It's still the Bears IMO. They were 5-2 but at no point during this season have I really felt like they were playing like a 5-2 team. The Saints may have flaws but they also have alot of key injuries. 

Well injuries are part of football, so it can be taken into accoutn for a team underperforming to an extent, it still goes to show the team has additional flaws that can be glossed over by a great player.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Xenos said:

The sad thing is Bradley’s defense was made to prevent the explosive plays and not give up the points. This should not be happening like you said.

You are 100% correct. The fact that his defense, in the second half, will give up big plays and let the offense score in a matter of a minute or so, is another reason why he should go.

21 minutes ago, Bearerofnews said:

That was me that said that. But this all happened with Rivers here to. The team has no nastiness, no kill in them. But honestly i think you are right. Get a healthyish team, give Lynn 1 more year, replace Gus and see what happens.

I'm not the type to give up on seasons, so im still hoping for a run. But man this 2nd half defense needs to be addressed asap or no chance. 1st half, they shut everyone down. 2nd half, powder puff. Alot of that is on Gus being predictable.

I agree with everything you said, for the most part.(Pretty much all)

Rivers learned that to win a game, it was all on him. That is something Herbert is learning now, something I don't really want Herbert to learn.

The 2nd half comes down to not being able to adjust in game. What the opposing team does on offense, we can't adjust to it in the second half. That's on defensive coaching.

And yes, the team has to get mean, it has to get nasty to win games. Instead of sitting on its lead from the first half, it needs to run that lead up. No matter what the the lead is the defense needs to play like it did when the game first started. The offense needs to learn to play that way as well. Rather than simply run out the clock, run up the score.

• Like 2