Week 8 General Discussion

TecmoSuperJoe

2 hours ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

Discuss this garbage.

wow...Just looked into the Jets board and I saw a couple people saying they would find a new team if Gase is there next season haha. In fairness to Gase, the Jets are pretty awful talent-wise. Then again, Jets ultimately need to create a new culture, similar to what Denver was attempting to do by staying with signing and staying with Vic. They need an identity and will have a real chance with a generational talent but the change really needs to happen at the same time. Old doesn't work well with new...people in the locker room and staff remember

6 minutes ago, Dbrog24 said:

wow...Just looked into the Jets board and I saw a couple people saying they would find a new team if Gase is there next season haha. In fairness to Gase, the Jets are pretty awful talent-wise. Then again, Jets ultimately need to create a new culture, similar to what Denver was attempting to do by staying with signing and staying with Vic. They need an identity and will have a real chance with a generational talent but the change really needs to happen at the same time. Old doesn't work well with new...people in the locker room and staff remember

The Jets are awful talent-wise partially because players WANT to get away from that team BECAUSE of Adam Gase. That, and they had players opt out, get injured, etc.

That whole organization from the top down is a mess.

4 hours ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

Discuss this garbage.

Well I wonder what prompted that response, or if Douglas just mentioned that remark without provocation. But yeah, hiring Gase was a doofus move from the start. Everyone and their gran gran could see that. Perhaps Douglas should get the boot for that alone. 

Edited by TecmoSuperJoe

5 hours ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

The Jets are awful talent-wise partially because players WANT to get away from that team BECAUSE of Adam Gase. That, and they had players opt out, get injured, etc.

That whole organizatio n from the top down is a mess.

Just imagine if they had a top flight defensive player like Jamal Adams. Or maybe a younger, closer to prime RB, say like Le'Veon Bell, so they didn't have to rely on Frank Gore so much. Throw in an improvement at WR, like that guy Robby Anderson who is doing pretty well with just Teddy Bridgewater at QB. And really all you'd need at that point is a good complement to Quinnen Williams. I always like the Williams/Williams tandem in Minnesota, so hear me out, here. What if they had Leonard Williams on that DL too? Would be sick.

I mean, that team has to win at least 7 games. Even with Darnold at QB.

• Like 1

The Jets' outlook will be different in Spring. They've got a kings ransom in picks incl the number 1, they'll have a monster cap space, and a completely clean sheet

If NYJ fans are choosing NOW to jump ship, then they're very short sited. 

Obviously it could all blow up in their face as usual, but let's see

On 11/3/2020 at 10:13 PM, TecmoSuperJoe said:

Well I wonder what prompted that response, or if Douglas just mentioned that remark without provocation. But yeah, hiring Gase was a doofus move from the start. Everyone and their gran gran could see that. Perhaps Douglas should get the boot for that alone. 

He didn’t hire Gase. Their only connection is that IIRC Gase was somehow a factor in the recruiting process for Douglas, someone with more info can confirm.

On 11/3/2020 at 5:19 PM, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

Discuss this garbage.

It wouldn’t surprise me if their “friendship” is why he won’t publicly trash Gase. No need to bury a guy because he’s a terrible HC. There football paths may cross at some later point, if not just life paths. Gase is definitely helping guide that team towards the #1 overall pick for perhaps the greatest QB prospect of this generation.

I wouldn’t be trashing the man who’s likely buying me at least a decade of stability either. Keep on embracing the tank is what I’d say if I were Douglas. 😂