Week 8 General Discussion

TecmoSuperJoe

NFL this year with covid proved that much more abrupt Schedule changing is feasible. They need to implement this in the future.

Sure its a crapshoot, as alot of games that looked great on paper this year have been duds and vice versa. Games that looked like duds where some of the more exciting games. But yeah.

20 hours ago, Starless said:

The Pats' season will be effectively over if they lose this week. 

I'm wondering how that would feel for the haters. Would it still be worth celebrating, or does the fact that Brady is gone make it less fun?

I dont know about it being celebrated or not, yes it is nice to see the organization struggle now. It was a solid dynasty that came to an end when it could have been extended had the organization included Brady in to certain things such as what he is looking for on offense to help them get better. I think the Garapollo trade kind of set a split between brady and Beli had they been on the same page they could have extended it this year and maybe next year with the right weapons in place. Just enough time for them to properly transition over to a qb that was being groomed rather then putting Cam on the team and expecting similar results with little to no talent on the team. 

I know this forum has true pats fans but honestly I do want the bandwagon fans and media to get off the Pats jock a bit so if they can continue to struggle and get in that 6-8 win season for a few years, in which they are in a temporary qb purgatory, that would be interesting just because that would clear out the fake fans and kind of bring the fanbase back down to reality and remember that teams do go through cycles of winning and losing. That will just be a small taste of what divisional fanbases had to deal with for 20 years and see that a player like Tom Brady is a once in a generational type player that was in the right system, at the right time, with the chip on his shoulder for being drafted so late, and fans can realize it is not just a simple plug and play = championship

5 minutes ago, Bearerofnews said:

NFL this year with covid proved that much more abrupt Schedule changing is feasible. They need to implement this in the future.

you cant move games around on short notice with fans in the stands

People have travel plans, flights etc that cant be changed so easily. Thats why they have to move games 2 weeks before usually. So this year is the exception, and not the prototype for other season 

• Like 1

I am interested in the Rams and Dolphins game. May not scream wow factor but with the NFC West completely wide open. With Dolphins in second in the division and not that far behind from the bills they are going from a guy who is a gun slinger and coming off back to back solid performances only to be benched for a rookie. I want to see what Tua does when Donald is coming down on him. I want to see how the dolphins d holds up with all that money invested in 2 corners to go against guys like Woods, Kupp and how they can compete against a high powered offense. A defensive mind HC vs an offensive mind hc should be fun to watch. Do the Rams get the best of them and prove they can handle them better then the niners did or do the dolphins make the rams the 2nd nfc west team to lose to them. Will the change to Tua be the smart move as you can not go back from this by benching him for Fitz again. 

NFL dropped the ball on scheduling steeler games this yr

we have primetime games against the Giants and Bengals(these looked bad on paper in the offseason) but gave our games against the titans, @ Ravens, Eagles, Texans, Colts and Browns the 1 O'clock time slot. Those games looked better on paper(although Eagles and texans are having off yrs)

6 minutes ago, 11sanchez11 said:

my favorite thing is when a coach makes a bad decision it is because of analytics 

like coaches didn't make bad decisions pre-analytics 

Sometimes things are gut feelings, at least how it has been.

Nothing is 100% but if you can swing a 50/50 call to maybe 70/30, even 60/40, well, that's good.  You still lose sometimes.

Edited by Zalixar

10 hours ago, soflbillsfan said:

I know this forum has true pats fans but honestly I do want the bandwagon fans and media to get off the Pats jock a bit so if they can continue to struggle and get in that 6-8 win season for a few years, in which they are in a temporary qb purgatory, that would be interesting just because that would clear out the fake fans and kind of bring the fanbase back down to reality and remember that teams do go through cycles of winning and losing.

Oh they will. The majority of their fan base are bandwagon fans.  Most were probably not even born or even old enough to understand football when the Patriots started to dominate 20 years ago. 

But the same thing happened to Dallas in the 90's too. Dallas starter jackets were everywhere and then slowly faded out.

2 minutes ago, JAF-N72EX said:

Oh they will. The majority of their fan base are bandwagon fans.  Most were probably not even born or even old enough to understand football when the Patriots started to dominate 20 years ago. 

But the same thing happened to Dallas in the 90's too. Dallas starter jackets were everywhere and then slowly faded out.

Aren't they.....hang on....."America's Team"? 

😆

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Zalixar said:

Sometimes things are gut feelings, at least how it has been.

Nothing is 100% but if you can swing a 50/50 call to maybe 70/30, even 60/40, well, that's good.  You still lose sometimes.

If the coaching arena can reduce the amount of decisions made based on gut feelings, that's an upgrade.