Week 8 General Discussion

TecmoSuperJoe

2 hours ago, NVRamsFan said:

Fourth early game on the east coast of the season and we're in week 8. I miss the days when they wouldn't do that to west coast teams in a whole season. 

Hey man, at least you don’t have to stay up until past midnight watching every late game.

2 hours ago, mattyice0401 said:

Stinks the NFL didn’t flex that Steeler Raven game. Boys and eagles doesn’t seem like a very good product on prime time. I get it though Dallas…

I would say literally the two best rivalries in the NFL (Steelers-Ravens, Seahawks-49ers) are this week and they went with the most over-hyped and played out rivalry. 

With the time change, I can't imagine the viewing numbers being great for a sleepy east coast. This should have been a week to go with that west coast rivalry if they really thought about it.

Edited by wackywabbit

56 minutes ago, candyman93 said:

Hey man, at least you don’t have to stay up until past midnight watching every late game.

Oh hell it doesn't matter for me, I'm up watching the premiere league before any NFL games are on. It's more about how west coast teams perform in these situations. 

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, wackywabbit said:

I would say literally the two best rivalries in the NFL (Steelers-Ravens, Seahawks-49ers) are this week and they went with the most over-hyped and played out rivalry. 

With the time change, I can't imagine the viewing numbers being great for a sleepy east coast. This should have been a week to go with that west coast rivalry if they really thought about it.

Strong Disagreement

• Philly or Dallas have won the NFC East 14 of the last 19 years.
  • They are constantly battling out for 1st vs 2nd place.
  • The Cowboys were 40-24 the last 4 seasons
  • The Eagles were 38-26 and won a Super Bowl
  • The teams hate each other and the fans hate each other.

Almost no one has a problem with a yearly Philly - Dallas in Prime Time. If the game is close the ratings will be great.

• If its an Eagles blowout then the ratings may stay high to watch the train wreck for America's team.

The eastern time zone has about 47% of US population. Who cares if Seattle - SF keeps some Oregon folks awake?

• Are you pretending that SF not sucking for 4 years out of the last 18 means they have some great national rivalry with Seattle based on 2 games?
    • No one really cares about them nationally.

Edited by SkippyX

17 minutes ago, SkippyX said:

Strong Disagreement

Almost no one has a problem with a yearly Philly - Dallas in Prime Time. If the game is close the ratings will be great.

• If its an Eagles blowout then the ratings may stay high to watch the train wreck for America's team.

The eastern time zone has about 47% of US population. Who cares if Seattle - SF keeps some Oregon folks awake?

• Are you pretending that SF not sucking for 4 years out of the last 18 means they have some great national rivalry with Seattle based on 2 games?

IDK what interval you are focusing on, but Seattle and the 49ers have both been to the SB twice in the last decade vs one for the Eagles and Cowboys combined. Going more recent, 49ers-Seahawks was the best and most important divisional matchup last year. That week 17 game could have easily knocked the 49ers from the 1 seed down to 5. The MVP favorite vs the NFC champ. And this year? Two winning teams in the best division in the NFL vs two losing teams in the worst division in the NFL. Come on. And they knew Andy Dalton was the best case starting QB when they chose not to flex this. They knew they were putting in two losing teams.

Also think you kind of missed my point in favor of going with a west coast matchup this particular week.

Edited by wackywabbit
  • Like 3

5 hours ago, wackywabbit said:

Also think you kind of missed my point in favor of going with a west coast matchup this particular week.

That's probably because like most things West Coast,  vast majority of East Coast viewers couldn't care less about the upper North West.. They're more likely to just go to bed. With two of the larger NFL markets involved in this SNF matchup,  along with the entire West Coast time difference the NFL is  all but guaranteed as many viewers then a SF/Seattle matchup.

People will still tune into this game if for nothing else but the sheer intrigue of seeing a possible trainwreck.

1 hour ago, Nabbs4u said:

That's probably because like most things West Coast,  vast majority of East Coast viewers couldn't care less about the upper North West.. They're more likely to just go to bed. With two of the larger NFL markets involved in this SNF matchup,  along with the entire West Coast time difference the NFL is  all but guaranteed as many viewers then a SF/Seattle matchup.

People will still tune into this game if for nothing else but the sheer intrigue of seeing a possible trainwreck.

I doubt it - what people aren't taking into account is how many Cowboy fans are bandwagon/front runners - not a single one of them will be watching tonight

6 hours ago, SkippyX said:

Strong Disagreement

I would guess that every single non Eagles and non Cowboys fan that lives in the Eastern time zone would MUCH rather see the Niners/Seahawks in primetime than Cowboys/Eagles. 

Here in the East we still prefer good football.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, FrantikRam said:

I doubt it - what people aren't taking into account is how many Cowboy fans are bandwagon/front runners - not a single one of them will be watching tonight

I'd be willing to bet not only do they but every single poster in this thread complaining including yourself will at some point too. Whether for a Drive, QT,  1/2 or godforbid an actual entertaining game.