Official New Orleans Pelicans Thread

RavensTillIDie

2 minutes ago, MookieMonstah said:

What offer beats Tatum and a future lotto pick?

Lakers can beat that offer.  They can offer the #4 overall pick right now + young players such as Kuzma, Ball and Ingram.

Boston is going to have to come with more than that.

Ingram has a blood clot and Kuzma is meh. Thats not a better offer IMO. Also, New Orleans has made it pretty clear they have zero interest in working with LA.

I mean, you can scoff at that deal all you want, but the's right.  That Lakers deal is better.  Also, New Orleans hasn't made anything clear.  David Griffin is their new GM - I'm sure he'd be willing to listen to the Lakers offer.

Boston can beat the Lakers offer without a doubt, but you're trying to lowball to much right now.  You're coming off of Tatum and more of the young players.

Just now, showtime said:

Lakers can beat that offer.  They can offer the #4 overall pick right now + young players such as Kuzma, Ball and Ingram.

Boston is going to have to come with more than that.

Ingram has the same blood clot that ended Bosh's career. Kuzma is a good role player, Ball has upside but he's not worth the headache. #4 pick is nice obviously.

Tatum is the best piece in any package, Grizzlies future unprotected pick is a nice asset. Marcus Smart is also a good piece we'd need to include, and they probably get Rob Williams too. I was just listing the prize pieces in the deal.

Just now, showtime said:

I mean, you can scoff at that deal all you want, but the's right.  That Lakers deal is better.  Also, New Orleans hasn't made anything clear.  David Griffin is their new GM - I'm sure he'd be willing to listen to the Lakers offer.

Boston can beat the Lakers offer, but you're trying to lowball to much right now.  You're coming off of Tatum and more of the young players.

Doesn't matter what he wants really, the Pelicans owner basically told LA to piss off. The Lakers deal isn't better. Ingram is worth literally 0 right now.

3 minutes ago, MookieMonstah said:

Ingram has a blood clot and Kuzma is meh. Thats not a better offer IMO. Also, New Orleans has made it pretty clear they have zero interest in working with LA.

Blood clot is a worry, but the doctors said it was a fluke and is not from any kind of disorder like Bosh's.

The pick is the difference. #4 now is better than, at best, #7 next season or any pick 2 years from now.

Boston can top it, but just Tatum and the Grizzlies pick will not get it done.

6 minutes ago, MookieMonstah said:

They made Dell the scapegoat for the Lakers thing and will play it off as if he was the one blocking a deal. If the Lakers offer the best package I think a deal gets done, with that #4 pick involved it will be too much to ignore just based on a dislike of them.

Edited by amac

1 minute ago, MKnight82 said:

I would take #3 (likely RJ Barrett), Kevin Knox, Frank Ntilikina, and a future first over that. 

lol. Kevin Knox and Ntilikina aren't worth much of anything. I'd take Tatum over #3, future firsts wash out.

Tatum + Smart + Williams + Grizzlies pick is the best offer out there, if the Celtics offer it obviously.

Doesn't matter what he wants really, the Pelicans owner basically told LA to piss off. The Lakers deal isn't better. Ingram is worth literally 0 right now.

We don't know if it's going to be a recurring issue like what Chris Bosh faced.  Ingram's status is up in the air for sure, but I wouldn't say he has 0 value right now. 

1 minute ago, seminoles1 said:

Blood clot is a worry, but the doctors said it was a fluke and is not from any kind of disorder like Bosh's.

The pick is the difference. #4 now is better than, at best, #7 next season or any pick 2 years from now.

Boston can top it, but just Tatum and the Grizzlies pick will not get it done.

It'd be Tatum + Smart + Williams + Grizzlies pick. Hell take #14, I dont care.

Just now, MookieMonstah said:

lol. Kevin Knox and Ntilikina aren't worth much of anything. I'd take Tatum over #3, future firsts wash out.

Tatum + Smart + Williams + Grizzlies pick is the best offer out there, if the Celtics offer it obviously.

You didn't say that, you said some lowball offer of Tatum and a future pick only.  

1 minute ago, MookieMonstah said:

It'd be Tatum + Smart + Williams + Grizzlies pick. Hell take #14, I dont care.

Okay lets say that gets done.  Realistically, how good do you think the Celtics will be next season and why would Davis re-sign there?

We're assuming that Kyrie Irving leaves, like is being reported for right now.