Official New Orleans Pelicans Thread

RavensTillIDie

19 minutes ago, MKnight82 said:

Why?  He gets Zion and Holiday as running mates now.  If they stretch/trade Solomon Hill they can get another big FA acquisition too.  

There are alot of crazy possibilities as it wouldn't be hard to wipe the rest of the slate clean and clear space. But AD handled the situation really poorly, I don't know if there's any coming back from that. I think Griffin will certainly make his pitch though

There's so many possibilities

AD stays and we have Jrue/Zion/AD (least likely outcome imo)

Trade AD to the Lakers and get Jrue/Zion/Ingram/Lonzo/Kuzma/#4 (it's a lot but they don't get him if they don't give that up)

Trade AD to the Knicks and get Jrue/Zion/whoever Memphis doesn't take of RJ or Ja/Robinson (and Knox but I don't have a lot of faith in him lol, worst case he's a throw in with potential)

Trade AD to the Celtics and get Tatum+, a lot of pieces the Celtics can add around Tatum but he's obviously gotta be the headliner or no deal. 

Every outcome is good for the Pels, some are just better than others. 

37 minutes ago, MookieMonstah said:

Locks up AD to Boston, and you guys rebuild around Tatum, Zion and Jrue. Couldn’t be happier for you guys.

How is Davis a lock to Boston?  If Kyrie leaves, why would they trade all of their young players?  In that case they would want to keep Tatum and company.

5 minutes ago, Spartica4Real said:

Trade AD to the Lakers and get Jrue/Zion/Ingram/Lonzo/Kuzma/#4 (it's a lot but they don't get him if they don't give that up)

Trade AD to the Knicks and get Jrue/Zion/whoever Memphis doesn't take of RJ or Ja/Robinson (and Knox but I don't have a lot of faith in him lol, worst case he's a throw in with potential)

Trade AD to the Celtics and get Tatum+, a lot of pieces the Celtics can add around Tatum but he's obviously gotta be the headliner or no deal. 

It's being reported right now by sources that Davis still wants out of New Orleans even though they won the lottery.

Just now, MookieMonstah said:

Ainge wants AD. He’ll get him. Tatum + Grizz pick I bet

Boston can offer the best package, but Tatum + a pick isn't going to get it done.  They're going to have to give more than that and with Kyrie leaving, you're looking at a dead end.  To me, it's smarter for the Celtics to keep Tatum, the young players and the pick.  Let Kyrie walk and just try and improve the team over the new few years via the draft and free agency.

Granted, if Kyrie stays, then by all means...

38 minutes ago, Spartica4Real said:

Or clear space and sign someone like Kemba

Kemba

Jrue

shooter

Zion

AD

That is a title contender

32 minutes ago, showtime said:

Boston can offer the best package, but Tatum + a pick isn't going to get it done.  They're going to have to give more than that and with Kyrie leaving, you're looking at a dead end.  To me, it's smarter for the Celtics to keep Tatum, the young players and the pick.  Let Kyrie walk and just try and improve the team over the new few years via the draft and free agency.

Granted, if Kyrie stays, then by all means...

What offer beats Tatum and a future lotto pick?